Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:18 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,349 times

Advertisements

Ridiculous!

It is indicative of a very sad state of affairs, socially, that you even feel the need to ask such a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 01:19 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
I think it's beautiful when brothers hug each other. Mine do. It was your instinct to hug the brother you thought you had lost. It's completely natural. And in case you care, most women would think highly of you if they see you hug a brother you genuinely love. It is so NOT gay.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:44 PM

62 posts, read 65,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I think it's beautiful when brothers hug each other. Mine do. It was your instinct to hug the brother you thought you had lost. It's completely natural. And in case you care, most women would think highly of you if they see you hug a brother you genuinely love. It is so NOT gay.
My mother says it's the best in the world when she sees us hugging.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JammBoy View Post
My brothers and I were never the hugging type. However, my middle brother had a very serious car crash and thanks to a misunderstanding, the first news we got was that he had died. In the end it was just a confusion and he was okay, even though he had a few injuries.

My elder brother and I hugged him the first time we saw him after the crash and have kept the habit.

Is it acceptable? We just try not to do it in public or in front of our grandfather who doesn't find it too funny.
Being from a Hispanic family I really do not understand this! Kissing and hugging your brothers is just a way of showing your love and appreciation for them.
How is this even remotely Gay? It isn't some sexual gesture!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:49 PM

505 posts, read 940,719 times
Quote:
My elder brother and I hugged him the first time we saw him after the crash and have kept the habit.

Is it acceptable? We just try not to do it in public or in front of our grandfather who doesn't find it too funny.
wow, I didn't consider that hugging my brother was gay. I've never sucked a c*** in my life, (not that there's anything wrong with that) but apparently hugging my brother could be considered gay by someone. Seriously. . .WTF?!?!?

Oh, and I suppose I should consider not hugging my two sons, either. I bet they will be well-adjusted when they get older if I don't make them gay by showing physical affection. Glad I found this post.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Is it gay for grown up brothers to hug?
No, I hug my grown up brothers frequently.

Open mouth kiss, definitely.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Being from a Hispanic family I really do not understand this! Kissing and hugging your brothers is just a way of showing your love and appreciation for them.
How is this even remotely Gay? It isn't some sexual gesture!
My mother is Italian and my father is German. We're used to getting it a lot from our mother of course but between us is kind of strange.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
My mother is Italian and my father is German. We're used to getting it a lot from our mother of course but between us is kind of strange.
Hm. Do you have some concerns about your sexuality? If hugging a male relative feels "strange," perhaps you should look deeper inside yourself. That strange feeling might be telling you something.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
BTW, why is gay bad? I don't fear ordering tea and biscuits for fear of being labeled English.

If they think I'm gay, then I'd be pleased they thought I was a fashionable dresser, with good taste, the ability to dance and upwardly mobile. (Yes, I know I'm stereotyping, but it's the only way the humor could work)

Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Hm. Do you have some concerns about your sexuality?
Nope, none at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships