U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:01 PM

10,706 posts, read 30,511,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
just smoke out broseph and be chill.
Are you for real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM

463 posts, read 453,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Are you for real?
yes, yes i am

Old 12-19-2007, 09:09 PM

905 posts, read 2,480,227 times
I can't claim to know you or your brother or your family, but it seems to me that there is something going on here other than smoking too much pot. That, or you are taking pot WAY too seriously. The thing with pot is, it can be psychologically addictive, but it's not physically addictive. Long-term 'potheads' are, in my experience, usually very insecure people who smoke to fill a void in their lives or run away from something. If this is the case, you should find out what the real problem is and address it.

However, there are also short-term potheads. I have several friends who are in this category (never was one myself, though I came kind of close for a year during college). Short term potheads just really like smoking pot, do it way too much for six months or maybe a year, then realize 'hey, I'm just sitting around all day, this sucks,' get into a different life situation, and stop smoking. I have several friends who were like this during college, we're all about 23/24 now, and they all hardly smoke pot anymore. They did not go through withdrawal, they are all college graduates with solid prospects and their wits about them. In other words, they're fine. As drugs go, hate to break it to you, pot ain't that bad.

I do have one friend whose parents found out and freaked out a little. They get along, but I think, long-term, it was bad for their relationship. NOT a good thing, because he was gonna smoke pot anyway, and he was gonna turn out fine anyway. It's just not worth it. Perhaps you've already gone this route, but...

Am I saying you should smoke up with him? Absolutely not, you are the older brother and should set an example. I would apologize for narcing on him, but let him know that you were just upset and concerned. Tell him that you understand it's his choice but don't encourage him. Keep an eye on him, lest he get involved in harder stuff, but don't go overboard.

The fact is that potheads, and most drug addicts, are people who have pre-existing emotional and psychological issues. If your brother is one of these people, watch out. If he's not, you don't have to condone it, but it seems that you're overreacting.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:34 PM

15,594 posts, read 34,050,218 times
Maybe Mom's upset because he's eating all the damn groceries?

Old 12-20-2007, 10:45 AM

4,695 posts, read 12,244,135 times
I remember when my daughter was in High School and I accidentally discovered her stash.

The next couple of weeks were really stressful.

I was constantly afraid she would catch me pinching out of it.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,330 times
Default WeLl!?!?

well i wouldnt ever talk to him again and i would be like go kill urself cause apparently thats what ur trying to do!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:17 PM

37,906 posts, read 36,631,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyfx View Post
He's in his late teens and I don't know what to do about it. I'm in my mid 20s and I've been there and done that, and I know from personal experience that it is not a good path to take. I don't want him to give in to other temptations or fall behind in college.

Any feedback or suggestions would help. I'm very much upset to have discovered this habit of his.
First of all you ask him where he's scored his bud and then second tell him to roll up a big fattie

Just kidding.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:36 PM

123 posts, read 260,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Maybe so...but mine lasts alot longer than yours! Or it's better quality. One or the other. But one is all it takes.
amen!

and don't smoke my stuff and then eat. it'll kill the buzz. and don't smoke my stuff and then go to sleep. it's a waste of good bud. other than that, yea, we're cool

Old 07-13-2008, 09:01 PM

2,447 posts, read 4,541,240 times
whats the problem...is he not sharing or is he screwing up the rotation?

Old 07-14-2008, 03:27 AM

212 posts, read 667,493 times
Hey don't worry, being a pot head is fine so long as he stays of the hard stuff. Tell him to go visit www.everyonedoesit.com some very good legal highs on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships