Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 05:02 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,704,608 times

Advertisements

Eighteen years is a long time to be carrying this around. You might want to look at some assistance in letting go of this. They're not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 07:05 PM

9,873 posts, read 14,110,023 times
You are upset because they never contacted you in eighteen years? From your own admission, you never contacted them. Why is it their obligation to make the first move? Friendships move both ways.

You've apparently been hurt about this for almost two decades. What have you done to resolve this? Excuse my bluntness, but it doesn't appear like you've done anything except wallow in self-pity.

Either contact them yourself, or just move on.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:44 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,197,397 times
when the shyt hits the fan,,, it splatters

wish them all well, say a prayer for the ones you liked and smile,,
forgive, and forget,,,no need to be carrying this around..

Old 11-20-2013, 04:43 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
You are upset because they never contacted you in eighteen years? From your own admission, you never contacted them. Why is it their obligation to make the first move? Friendships move both ways.

You've apparently been hurt about this for almost two decades. What have you done to resolve this? Excuse my bluntness, but it doesn't appear like you've done anything except wallow in self-pity.

Either contact them yourself, or just move on.
I'm sorry, but apparently you didn't read my posts.
I would suggest being a little nicer and less judgmental...

as I said before, every now and then, I think about them, and yes, it bothers me/hurts....we're all made differently, we don't all think and believe the same...we all come from different cultures...
I cannot believe how judgemental some people are on here....and I wish like anything, before you posted anything, you'd ignore posting all together rather then hurting people. You have no idea, none, and I won't excuse your bluntness, it was down right cruel.

I did make a move.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Eighteen years is a long time to be carrying this around. You might want to look at some assistance in letting go of this. They're not worth it.
Yes, it is, and again, they were a huge part of my life at one time....when I posted this, it was one of those times I was thinking about them....I don't carry it around all the time, every single day....but yes, it does come up in my mind now and then, and it makes me sad...if you can't understand that, I'm sorry for you.

you may be right, maybe they are not worth it....but like I said, at one time, they were a big part of my life.

Maybe if I had stayed friends with them, it wouldn't have worked out any way...as I became single and a big big threat to this woman...who he married....and I know she viewed me as such...she didn't like the bond I had with her husband....it was strictly platonic, and friendship, we went thru a lot together....loosing his wife and all....honestly, I still cry when I think of her...she was a very close friend...and everyone who knew her, loved her...she was very special. Extremely kind and devoted....

Yanno, When I looked back at all the Kennedy Assisination Tapes, I realized how Drastically this world has changed. People then dressed much better, they owned compassion for others, they helped each other, but believed in a hard days work, and working for what you wanted. They were kinder and not so judgemental. I remember buying a whole house full of furniture back then, on a hand shake from a local furniture store.

People back then realized, the importance and responsibility of raising children and they all worked together. They didn't cry and moan about spanking a child, when a child needed discipline, and kids grew up knowing manners, and consideration of other people and they're property.

today, everyone is so judgemental and so quick to put down anyone else who doesn't think and feel like they do, people today, do not have the mental capacity to understand, we all own our own cultures....we are all different, and patience, awareness and consideration, is long gone.

I posted this, to vent, it was a weak moment of thought, of missing them, and of course, you get some people who come in and post cruelly/judging.

Just wanted to get some feedback, and vent, and yes, I was feeling sorry for myself, b/c I miss them all...it's the holidays, and they were a very large part of my life, which my ex ruined.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-20-2013 at 04:57 AM..

Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 AM

37 posts, read 61,553 times
18 years ago? and you're still carrying this around?

Old 11-20-2013, 08:57 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,704,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, it is, and again, they were a huge part of my life at one time....when I posted this, it was one of those times I was thinking about them....I don't carry it around all the time, every single day....but yes, it does come up in my mind now and then, and it makes me sad...if you can't understand that, I'm sorry for you.

Just wanted to get some feedback, and vent, and yes, I was feeling sorry for myself, b/c I miss them all...it's the holidays, and they were a very large part of my life, which my ex ruined.
You know, this is just a pathetic response. I understand what you are doing quite well, and self pity is a poisonous well. I most certainly do not need your sympathy. I was gently trying to suggest that you go see a psychiatrist because no one should have a need to vent over stuff that happened almost two freaking decades ago. Get over it.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
You know, this is just a pathetic response. I understand what you are doing quite well, and self pity is a poisonous well. I most certainly do not need your sympathy. I was gently trying to suggest that you go see a psychiatrist because no one should have a need to vent over stuff that happened almost two freaking decades ago. Get over it.
once again, another pathetic mean and unthinking poisonous post....you really do enjoy putting people down b/c they do not think and feel like you do....
You get over it, and if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all....

People now a days are so freakin rude on this forum....anger management, maybe?
you have my sympathy anyway, I truly feel badly for you.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:05 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
I can understand how it still smarts. When my ex and I split, we both told each other not to be afraid to talk to the friends we both made through each other and as a couple. But it never really works that way.

"Some of them his friends, some of them her friends, some of them understand..."

Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 AM

24,470 posts, read 10,793,748 times
You said you "were friends". Over and done. Do you really think about what the new wife thinks about your stuff in the house after 18 years? OMG? Sorry - but this sounds like a case of memory lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships