U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 02:54 PM

83 posts, read 63,112 times

Advertisements

Bringing a dog to a party? Strange . . . and I'm saying this as someone who adores animals.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:38 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,268,519 times
I can't stand it when people bring their dogs into stores. I'm not talking about service dogs. I see people bring their dogs of all sizes into grocery stores and stores like Wal Mart. If they have a small dog like a poodle or Chihuahua they are put into the child seat of the cart. I've seen both men and women do this. Women will sometimes act like their Paris Hilton and put their small dogs inside their purses. I do not understand this at all. Many people are afraid of dogs and do not want to go near them. We all have our phobias. Some people have a phobia of dogs. It's a huge liability for the stores to allow customers to bring dogs because dogs can bite. It doesn't matter how well the owner thinks their dog is trained to obey. They CAN and DO bite. Going into a clothing department with a dog makes no sense either. Most dogs shed and get slobber everywhere. Getting dog hair and/or slobber all over the clothes in the store is not fair to other customers. The same applies to the food department.

People often defend this behavior by arguing that children are dirtier than dogs, but they are allowed in stores. Here's the difference though. Dogs are ANIMALS that walk on four legs, sniff people's butts, and lick their own genitalia. Children are HUMANS that walk on two feet and talk.

I love dogs and am a dog person myself but I can't stand it when people bring their dogs into stores. Leave them at home.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:39 AM

8,534 posts, read 10,761,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I like dogs more than people.
I pretty much do, too--but also including cats, deer, birds, woodchucks, chipmunk, lions, tigers, bears, etc. Hehe.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:18 AM

55,538 posts, read 54,148,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Doggie daycare is popular in some areas. Humorous, I guess it does help them socialize and be less involved in naughtiness at home.
I sometimes walk past a doggie daycare on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. It's half a level down from the street, so you can see in. The dogs running around are cute, and the place is carpeted with beds strewn around for naptime. It's. ..bizarre.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:24 AM

55,538 posts, read 54,148,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperture priority View Post
Bringing a dog to a party? Strange . . . and I'm saying this as someone who adores animals.
There's a woman in my church who takes her giant-headed dog everywhere. He's huge. She brings him to the monthly women's group held in the church basement and another woman doesn't come because she is allergic to dogs and has COPD besides. She can't effin' BREATHE around this dog yet when I advocated on her behalf and asked Dog Woman to leave her pet home for the other lady's sake she just rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, she's always claiming allergies to this or that."

Sorry, the damn dog shouldn't get preference over another person's health. Why does a dog need to be in a church basement? The owner and her husband have a good-sized house with a yard right up the street.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:51 AM

16,866 posts, read 17,179,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There's a woman in my church who takes her giant-headed dog everywhere. He's huge. She brings him to the monthly women's group held in the church basement and another woman doesn't come because she is allergic to dogs and has COPD besides. She can't effin' BREATHE around this dog yet when I advocated on her behalf and asked Dog Woman to leave her pet home for the other lady's sake she just rolled her eyes and said, "Oh, she's always claiming allergies to this or that."

Sorry, the damn dog shouldn't get preference over another person's health. Why does a dog need to be in a church basement? The owner and her husband have a good-sized house with a yard right up the street.
Why isn't the minister insisting that the woman leave the dog at home? You and your allergic friend should start there with your complaints and concerns and if that doesn't work go the ministers supervisor or church council.

Does the woman bring the big dog to church services, too?

Old 07-06-2014, 09:22 AM

32,258 posts, read 26,114,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I sometimes walk past a doggie daycare on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. It's half a level down from the street, so you can see in. The dogs running around are cute, and the place is carpeted with beds strewn around for naptime. It's. ..bizarre.
so you have a problem with day care for dogs? in new york that is actually a good thing since most people live in apartments, and thus have no yard for the dog to run around in during the day. soa day core for dogs means you can drop your dog off, and someone else cleans up the mess they make, and the dogs get to socialize, remember dogs are pack animals so they need other dogs around.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM

14,018 posts, read 17,655,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so you have a problem with day care for dogs? in new york that is actually a good thing since most people live in apartments, and thus have no yard for the dog to run around in during the day. soa day core for dogs means you can drop your dog off, and someone else cleans up the mess they make, and the dogs get to socialize, remember dogs are pack animals so they need other dogs around.
I am 70 and I have NEVER figured out why people who live in apartments have dogs. Obviously they are not thinking about the welfare of the dog.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:42 PM

568 posts, read 563,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I would never compare dogs to humans. That's very insulting to the dog.
True that. No worse animal than a human.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:56 AM

2,893 posts, read 3,040,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
True that. No worse animal than a human.
This is true ignorance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships