U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:25 AM

3,252 posts, read 6,308,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's nice. In other words, you have a vested, financial interest in the matter. Actually it is a real problem, one that the service dog community fully recognizes. There are quite a few people out there who self-diagnose and decide they need a service dog independent of any true recognized issue. And then there are those out there who just lie their asses off on the subject:

Service Dog Certification -- Spotting Fake Certification/Registration/ID | Service Dog Central
Some pet owners try to skirt rules with fake service dogs - Sun Sentinel
Frankie The Law Dog The Problem with Fake Service Dogs
Loopholes allow for fake service dogs - UPI.com
And that is also nice. Please don't lump me in that category. I personally don't care what others think (as long as I am strictly legal.... you want to try something hard, work on Class-III NFA stuff, but I digress).
Presumption city here... I don't self-diagnose, and fully qualify for a legally recognized issue. Since you don't really know anything about me, your comments are purely anecdotal and provide no value to this thread. Read my earlier posts and see how much it really costs for a service dog... I take it quite seriously. If you want something to worry about, tell me about the new legislation that will let me carry a firearm anywhere (which I can virtually already legally do, and will, but I digress again.).

Old 07-08-2014, 01:59 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,593,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
And that is also nice. Please don't lump me in that category. I personally don't care what others think (as long as I am strictly legal.... you want to try something hard, work on Class-III NFA stuff, but I digress).
Presumption city here... I don't self-diagnose, and fully qualify for a legally recognized issue. Since you don't really know anything about me, your comments are purely anecdotal and provide no value to this thread. Read my earlier posts and see how much it really costs for a service dog... I take it quite seriously. If you want something to worry about, tell me about the new legislation that will let me carry a firearm anywhere (which I can virtually already legally do, and will, but I digress again.).
It's hardly anecdotal. The links I provided speak to a serious issue that's recognized by your own profession, one that's apparently getting. So if someone self-diagnoses themselves and buys a bogus certification so she can take Fritz with her on an airliner, that actually speaks to the very mentality that's the subject of this thread.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:18 PM

898 posts, read 791,666 times
Hah, I'm referred to as "Uncle 4DM1N" by some close friends who have a dog and cat. It's a little off-kilter, but it doesn't bother me.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
It's hardly anecdotal. The links I provided speak to a serious issue that's recognized by your own profession, one that's apparently getting. So if someone self-diagnoses themselves and buys a bogus certification so she can take Fritz with her on an airliner, that actually speaks to the very mentality that's the subject of this thread.
Unless you have direct experience (and I really don't care, as all types can post anonymously on CDF..)... can take my dog virtually anywhere I want (legally), I don't give a cr*p about you, your children, your relatives, nor most others. Moderators, don't flag me, as I speak my mind.
Another false presumption.... it is not my profession... I hire others to handle it.
If you think links are entirely factual, and not heavily anecdotal, you need to get out in the real world a little bit more, and see what reality is like. Just my humble opinion.
I will not be judgmental over what other people love and respect.... I DO however, expect a certain degree of tolerance over what others consider important to themselves. Personally, I value my dogs' wellbeing over you, your kids, your family and any of your relatives. Do not judge me for that... We all have different priorities, and that is reality.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:30 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,593,274 times
Quote:
Unless you have direct experience (and I really don't care, as all types can post anonymously on CDF..)... can take my dog virtually anywhere I want (legally), I don't give a cr*p about you, your children, your relatives, nor most others. Moderators, don't flag me, as I speak my mind.
Another false presumption.... it is not my profession... I hire others to handle it.
If you think links are entirely factual, and not heavily anecdotal, you need to get out in the real world a little bit more, and see what reality is like. Just my humble opinion.
I will not be judgmental over what other people love and respect.... I DO however, expect a certain degree of tolerance over what others consider important to themselves. Personally, I value my dogs' wellbeing over you, your kids, your family and any of your relatives. Do not judge me for that... We all have different priorities, and that is reality.
Obviously, your priority is self-centeredness. It's not even about your dogs. It's all about you. You're exactly the kind of person we are talking about on this thread. It's a shame you don't even realize how you impose on everyone else.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Obviously, your priority is self-centeredness. It's not even about your dogs. It's all about you. You're exactly the kind of person we are talking about on this thread. It's a shame you don't even realize how you impose on everyone else.
Imposition has to do with children. My imposition is not even half as serious as those who bring unbehaved brats to restaurants, I just walk out.
Let's not go down the road of giving all your assets away to those that need it.... I will play that game... When you tell me you spent all your assets supporting (i.e. fully funding) those that need it (and forget the wanton breeders who expect that of a cow bird). I give away all of my assets. Tell me how that is self-centerness... I chose to give my assets to those I seem worthy (or in need)..... when you choose to do the same, I welcome it with open ears. If you consider me as being self-centered, then I am glad I have bailed to another country, and do no want to associate with false American attitudes.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:25 PM

2,967 posts, read 4,165,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My "bizarre" remark was meant as a larger observation on the peculiarities of our society. You know, like passing people sleeping on sidewalks and then seeing groomed pooches in carpeted, air-conditioned daycare facilities in the same short morning walk.
I suppose our society would seem incredibly bizarre to an alien visiting and observing this.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Thus, someone is diametrically opposed to reality (YOU!). This has nothing to do about me.. I give it all away... step up to the plate and do the same. Cowards hide behind the internet... stop hiding behind your real attitude of helping others... Don't tell me about your offspring, unless they are MD/PhD's, that are here to help others,,, Show us all something good... not some RN bed-pan turners...
In terms of self-centeredness, I will give away all my assets... Let's play that game...
My goal in life is to be anonymous,,,,

Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
I suppose our society would seem incredibly bizarre to an alien visiting and observing this.
And on a scale of 1-10, this has relevance how? I love CD.... gets all of loose cakes here...

Old 07-08-2014, 10:12 PM

14,018 posts, read 17,664,443 times
Quote:
Interesting. Major topic diversion. But that is ok... Diversionary tactics don't work very well on those who are not emotionally-driven. Read the DSM, and we can have a coherent conversation. I dot every 'I' and cross every 'T'. IMHO (remember, opinion)... my dogs all come from the top training schools in Europe (or they are rescue dogs that I send there).
Being presumptuous ("some ginned-up phony-baloney emotional issue that's a fig-leaf rationalization to haul the pooch wherever one chooses to go") either demonstrates an utter lack of knowledge of the topic, or a total lack of tolerance for others around you.
Interesting that you imply you are not "emotionally-driven" when your posts are just dripping with hostility, anger, and a sense of superiority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships