Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 03:54 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about the character thread, and it being holiday time, and it occurred to me that some guys have done some pretty d@uchey things to me over the years, and a bunch of them had women at their side when they did it.

So, I decided to come up with some of them. They would be considered minor transgressions, but might say a lot more about your character. Here's a few.

-I was at the mall during Xmas time waiting for a parking space for a long time, and some guy came in the wrong way on a one way lane and stole my spot. He had a woman in the passenger seat with him.

-I was at a bar with a bunch of my friends watching basketball and said something out loud, and some guy replied and made a comment about my race relating to a popular TV show character who owns a convenience store. He had a girl sitting next to him who said nothing.

-My car has been nicked multiple times while parked and people never leave notes.

If a guy/gal you were dating did these things and you saw it, what would you do? Anyone else have others?

The funny part is I don't think anybody would break up with somebody they liked for things like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I married a guy who laughed when we passed car accidents. There were ambulances and cops and I thought, oh no, I hope these people aren't hurt too badly. He said "hahaha, look at these idiots".

Should have been a sign.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I married a guy who laughed when we passed car accidents. There were ambulances and cops and I thought, oh no, I hope these people aren't hurt too badly. He said "hahaha, look at these idiots".

Should have been a sign.
If a woman I was dating did that, I wouldn't think they had bad character, I'd just think they were a moron.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:06 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I went out with a girl one time who felt it was socially acceptable to spit gobbers out of the window of a moving car on a first date.

Turned out to be the last date too.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Having breakfast with a GF years ago at a local restraunt. She threw a fit because her omlet had a hint of browning on it. I mean made one hell of a big scene in front of the other patrons, whom I knew quite well (small community that I grew up in). I could have died from the embarrassment. We were beyond dating at that point, actually living together...but it was a huge contributing factor in my firing her on the spot. I'm pretty sure she was bi-polar as there were a few other incidents prior to that, that had me asking myself WTF was I thinking when I hooked up this gal.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 PM

328 posts, read 466,326 times
People with severe road rage. That is just not healthy.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:44 PM

524 posts, read 843,773 times
The road rage thing and also, sneaky rage. Sneaky rage is where they are fine with you but freak out at the tv when you are in the other room or you overhear them trying to fix something and they are like a whole different person

Old 12-02-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I went out with a girl one time who felt it was socially acceptable to spit gobbers out of the window of a moving car on a first date.

Turned out to be the last date too.
I don't think one is too bad either. It shows immaturity but not selfishness or racism. I dunno, I have the feeling people think mine aren't too bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Having breakfast with a GF years ago at a local restraunt. She threw a fit because her omlet had a hint of browning on it. I mean made one hell of a big scene in front of the other patrons, whom I knew quite well (small community that I grew up in). I could have died from the embarrassment. We were beyond dating at that point, actually living together...but it was a huge contributing factor in my firing her on the spot. I'm pretty sure she was bi-polar as there were a few other incidents prior to that, that had me asking myself WTF was I thinking when I hooked up this gal.
That one is pretty bad.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:50 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Pretty much everything in this thread, with the possible exception of spitting. That one depends on context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantress View Post
...also, sneaky rage. Sneaky rage is where they are fine with you but freak out at the tv when you are in the other room or you overhear them trying to fix something and they are like a whole different person
That one creeps me out!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:14 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I guess it's the same kind of thing already mentioned, but one BF treated service workers like crap. At the drive through he would never acknowledge the presence of the person working the window, and he never missed a chance to berate a restaurant server or cashier. He turned his bright lights on when other drivers pissed him off.

I think any time a SO makes you cringe in public, it should be a red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships