U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,839,757 times

Advertisements

I don't really have any mean relatives to be honest. My stepdad was kinda mean to me when I was younger, but then again I was sort of a brat to him as well and he is different now, we get along MUCH better.

I suppose a couple of my cousins aren't very friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 11:19 AM

16,952 posts, read 17,249,607 times
I don't have an close relatives were are creepy, mean or weird but I do have a rather odd shirt-tail relative.

The son of my husband's first cousin was about three years older than our son. He was the sneakiest, meanest child that I ever met. Once a group of relatives was playing a card game in the dining room. At 12 he was a little young but was playing with the teens & adult relatives. Our 9 year old son walked by him while carrying a plate of food and a glass of milk. I was in the kitchen and could see, out of the corner of my eye, Cousin Sneaky put his foot out and deliberately trip my son. The way the table was positioned no one else could see it. Grandma immediately started gently yelling at my son for spilling things on her new carpet. Our son said that Cousin Sneaky tripped him and no one believed him, In fact, my son was then chastised for lying.

I came into the dining room and said that I had seen it happen. My relatives didn't believe me and said that I must have "not really seen what happened" because Cousin Sneaky would never do something like that. Well, over the years Cousin Sneaky did a lot of mean things when he thought that no one could see him or he wouldn't get caught. Thankfully, we lived out of state and rarely saw him.

His mother still thinks that her son, Cousin Sneaky, is a 100% perfect angel & has never and would never do anything mean. Sheesh!

Old 12-10-2013, 12:28 PM

3,252 posts, read 4,460,279 times
Well this is lost on me as well, I don't see anything this aged woman did as "creepy". Pretty harsh on her as your Dad pointed out. If she was "like a parent" to your Dad she was an amazing woman. Not many people step up to help out like that. And if she was beaten as a child that is something most people don't ever get over. I'm glad you can't comprehend how that shapes and changes a person. The perception of "wearing it as a badge of honor" is a bit skewed, it is more likely that she is a proud survivor of a terror you know nothing about.

"Creepy" relatives are the uncles that molest their kids, and the Dads that beat their children, and the brother in law that pimps his child for sex. That is creepy. What your Great Aunt is, is aged and to be respected.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:45 PM

15,988 posts, read 12,755,629 times
I had a creepy uncle (dead now). When I was a kid and all I wanted was to play, he kept already asking me about bf's and if I knew what to do with boys. I had no clue.

When I was older and moved in the next biggest city, he showed me sex-downtown maps (a map where they indicated gay clubs, stripper bars, pimp-bushes, and bathrooms where people hooked up). My uncle was happily married though.

He also went near nudist beaches but hid behind bushes with his binocular or sat into court hearings when he thought, it might be displaying some sexual details.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:24 PM

579 posts, read 1,056,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
OK, good for you, this relates to the OP's story and this thread, how? Her relative is 90 years old and there was no mention of a boat or speedo.
Second paragraph, last line, OP states: " I'd like to hear what you all have here on CD for stories about psycho relatives."

Hence the reason other posters are responding with their own stories.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:34 PM

2,890 posts, read 5,376,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Wow, reading about other folks relatives makes me thankful for the ones I have! lol They are dysfunctional and annoying, but not creepy or mean.
We must be related! I always thought we were the picture of normalcy - then I grew up. Holy cow, we are quite dysfunctional. Wait . . . I think that make us normal.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:35 PM

74 posts, read 95,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I had a creepy uncle (dead now). When I was a kid and all I wanted was to play, he kept already asking me about bf's and if I knew what to do with boys. I had no clue.

When I was older and moved in the next biggest city, he showed me sex-downtown maps (a map where they indicated gay clubs, stripper bars, pimp-bushes, and bathrooms where people hooked up). My uncle was happily married though.

He also went near nudist beaches but hid behind bushes with his binocular or sat into court hearings when he thought, it might be displaying some sexual details.
ummm your uncle ever did this to anyone else..sounds like a chester

Old 12-10-2013, 09:00 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,951,970 times
Oh, we have a few in my family! My 96 year-old (maternal) grandmother has always been pretty mean, but now that she's so old, everyone (who didn't know her prior) just blames it on her age... ummm, no, she's always been a nasty woman.

My mother's sister and her husband aren't known for being warm and friendly, to say the least, but I happen to think they're a kick... also a second cousin on that side who's a jerk, and when you're known as the "mean one" in this branch of the family, that's really bad! Then there's my great-aunt on my father's side, who tried killing herself 2-3 times by jumping out of a window. She only succeeded in crippling herself, and then lived until about age 90 (died a few years ago). I could go on, but I'll stop there. LOL

Old 12-10-2013, 09:02 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,951,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Lots of molesters and pervs are "happily" married... and sounds like he was a real creep, imo.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 PM

2,575 posts, read 4,679,326 times
I didn't have any mean relatives, but I had one weird uncle who used to ask my older brother (when he was in his 40s!) really inappropriate, personal things like if he was still a virgin. My brother was unmarried at the time, and is still extremely bashful about discussing anything related to sex, so it made him extremely uncomfortable and he was unable to laugh or tell our uncle it was none of his business. Too bad he didn't ask me instead - I would have told him I lost my virginity at age 12 and had worked as a call girl (neither of which is true!!!) just to shock him into shutting up. He also told us never to share a bar of soap with another person because they wash their "private parts," as he put it, with it. Excessive concern about sexually related matters = creepola, in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships