U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 07:16 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,530,936 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but your behavior was purposefully tacky, and then to top it off you're pitching a fit over being called on your tackiness. Flemings is an upscale restaurant/steakhouse. It's not a McDonalds or the eat-in cafe at the local K-mart. You had on stone-wash jeans, a ratty t-shirt, cowboy boots and a shark-tooth necklace? Seriously?

Even the local Dairy Queen in a town of 2,000 people in the middle of Nowhere-ville has a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" sign hanging in the window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisthedealwith View Post
But you keep insisting that you aren't poor. So he was only weeding out those who think its okay to dress like they are going to a grunge revival concert in a decent dining environment. And as argumentative as you have been on here, I have to say I think you were probably getting quite huffy with the host, so he was probably not inclined to withhold his opinions.
OP, read every post this person has typed. He's hit the nail on the head every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Well aren't you just so special.

If I had been your date, I would not have wanted to stay there. You brought this on yourself by dressing like you were going to SteakNShake.

I do not agree with wearing jeans to any nice place to eat. Yes, I'm from a different generation when jeans were work clothes - what one wore to muck out the horse stalls - and you wore a t-shirt? You initially said it was a nice shirt - meaning clean? I'm not for dressing to the 9s all the time but some effort is required for a date with me.

Sorry, you reaped what you sowed.
^^^This

Old 12-10-2013, 07:25 PM

278 posts, read 241,875 times
Wow...I cant believe how nasty some of you are being wow. There's a limit,people.

Why are people on CD so quick to discredit people who experienced negative situations.

OP - while partly your fault, I believe you. Some low level, testosterone- fueled idiots sometimes get drunk with power. Witness : as a 22 year old college student I got "cut off" while 100% sober nd kicked out of a bar for "acting drunk" because I dared call the bartender an idiot, becuse he demanded to see my id prior to my SNIFFING my friends beer (a local microbrew) to see if I wanted to order the same. As a girl who walked into bars at 17 and never got carded, this was ludicrous to me. This was in A party town. The guy was high on his power. Ridiculous. Was I rude too? Sure. Was I yelling or acting out or "acting drunk?" Nope. Could I have simply acquised? Sure. But the guy was a major Tool.

Long story short... Even "unlikely" events DO happen...stop trying to discredit everybodys stories. Its fine to say "I never eperienced that " but to call someone a troll and a liar? There 's a line.

Last edited by HeyHowdy; 12-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: Typos my brain works faster than my fingers!!

Old 12-10-2013, 09:02 PM

3,967 posts, read 4,592,992 times
Update:

The manager called me back (my phone number was on the reservation request) earlier today. He was very apologetic and he reviewed the incident by camera which apparently recorded the conversation as well. He assured me that I didn't do anything wrong and he made sure to tell me that there was no dress code. He also noticed others were dressed in similar clothing and noticed in the recordings of their entrance that they weren't hassled.

He also told me that he fired the doorman because this has happened one too many times now and that he couldn't get a straight answer as to why he did it. He offered me a gift card but I insisted on him not doing that as he has done enough. However, I gave him my shop's address, told him to come by and get an oil change on me. He told me that he has an old school Audi and that is running low on boost pressure. He was saving money to fix it but I told him to bring it by when he gets a chance and I'll be sure to fix it properly for him out of my pocket no matter the costs. He's a good guy and he saw that I did nothing wrong. I said quite literally one word to the doorman and he called for security and I didn't say anything after that.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
They gave you a bottle of wine when you were walking out?
No as I was still at my table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
They gave you an unopened bottle of wine? Just curious, what state was this in? That would be an enormous liability and/or against the law in many states.
Who said it was unopened? It wasn't and it was partially consumed. They poured a glass up for my girlfriend and we left it after she took a small sip of it. They re-corked it and put it in a bag which the manager himself put it in my trunk. He said there were some laws but I'm not familiar with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
You left the restaurant with an uncorked bottle of wine?

As far as I know, in many states, that is illegal.

Your explanations, responses, and rationale in this thread keep changing faster than you can change out of your band tee and pressed stone washed denim.
It wasn't uncorked. Go back and tell me where I said it was uncorked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
The CO wine doggy bag law (and many other states' laws) only applies to resealing (re-corking) an already-open bottle that was partially consumed within the restaurant. The OP is referring to a completely unopened bottle of wine.
No I'm not. You're seeing stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yeah, I'm calling shenanigans on this whole thread.
Oh noes! What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This. Why do people knowingly disregard dress codes and then complain when they get treated accordingly?
There is no dress code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Well, there's the bottle of wine and then there's the way the OP has described the scenario: He walked in, as well dressed as any other patron at the relatively expensive steakhouse, and the guy at the door asked if he was lost. The OP said, "no" and the guy said, "Get out or I'm calling security."

The story just doesn't ring true.
If only your lack of belief could undo reality then I would be quite impressed.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHowdy View Post
Wow...I cant believe how nasty some of you are being wow. There's a limit,people.

Why are people on CD so quick to discredit people who experienced negative situations.

OP - while partly your fault, I believe you. Some low level, testosterone- fueled idiots sometimes get drunk with power. Witness : as a 22 year old college student I got "cut off" while 100% sober nd kicked out of a bar for "acting drunk" because I dared call the bartender an idiot, becuse he demanded to see my id prior to my SNIFFING my friends beer (a local microbrew) to see if I wanted to order the same. As a girl who walked into bars at 17 and never got carded, this was ludicrous to me. This was in A party town. The guy was high on his power. Ridiculous. Was I rude too? Sure. Was I yelling or acting out or "acting drunk?" Nope. Could I have simply acquised? Sure. But the guy was a major Tool.

Long story short... Even "unlikely" events DO happen...stop trying to discredit everybodys stories. Its fine to say "I never eperienced that " but to call someone a troll and a liar? There 's a line.
It was all my fault. Let's not hold punches now. I should have worn a tuxedo.

Anyway, all of these "saints" will get up on their high horse. They don't have to believe as I'll still sleep well tonight. I have better things to do than make stuff up. My life is too busy for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
I'm sorry, but your behavior was purposefully tacky, and then to top it off you're pitching a fit over being called on your tackiness. Flemings is an upscale restaurant/steakhouse. It's not a McDonalds or the eat-in cafe at the local K-mart. You had on stone-wash jeans, a ratty t-shirt, cowboy boots and a shark-tooth necklace? Seriously?

Even the local Dairy Queen in a town of 2,000 people in the middle of Nowhere-ville has a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" sign hanging in the window.

OP, read every post this person has typed. He's hit the nail on the head every time.
My behavior was not tacky. If it truly was then I would have been turned away. Upscale restaurants have no time for nonsense from people. I didn't provoke anyone. You're the one who is so desperate to believe that I look disheveled. You and the other guy are hitting the nail on the head. Too bad the nail has nothing to do with me. You're not understanding the situation properly. Try again if you must.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
He assured me that I didn't do anything wrong and he made sure to tell me that there was no dress code.
This is quickly becoming a work of science fiction.

Quote:
He also noticed others were dressed in similar clothing and noticed in the recordings of their entrance that they weren't hassled.
A whole restaurant full of people dressed in stone-wash jeans, ratty t-shirts and sharks tooth necklaces? Should've quit your story while you were ahead, man.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
This is quickly becoming a work of science fiction.

A whole restaurant full of people dressed in stone-wash jeans, ratty t-shirts and sharks tooth necklaces? Should've quit your story while you were ahead, man.
That truly would be the work of science fiction. That would be some Stephen King stuff. I'm sorry to disappoint you but there were others wearing jeans and others wore T-shirts. The majority was in formal clothing. You have to be too thick to understand. Others doesn't equal to full. So yeah, you're calling me a liar yet you're reading comprehension is the equivalent to a turkey.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
So yeah, you're calling me a liar yet you're reading comprehension is the equivalent to a turkey.
And nothing more need be said after that...

Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
And nothing more need be said after that...
I wish there was a way to turn off auto-correct on this phone. It happens. So you know how about your comprehension level? Maybe it is FUBAR? Surely that is of more importance than auto-correct on a phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships