U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 PM

278 posts, read 241,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
ok so i read the entire thread. It was very nice of you to take your girlfriend out on a whim to a nice place. I think you should marry her and let her dress you like most of us do with our fashion challenged husbands. I've been dressing mine for years. He's not going out there in public with me looking like boo boo the fool. I think calling security on you was a tad extreme and wrong, no matter how ugly those shark tooth necklaces are. Sorry, i don't find those the least bit attractive. Seriously, marry the girlfriend. She sounds like a keeper.
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 09:09 PM

3,967 posts, read 4,586,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I'm confused.
If other people were casually dressed in the restaurant, then what exactly was the op pre-judged on?
You tell me. The manager couldn't get a straight answer out of him either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm also too lazy to read all the pages but I'm doubting it went down this way. There is either more to it, or someone is embellishing for dramatic purposes. The manager telling you that the employee has done this before is a giveaway. I don't care either way.
What is a giveaway? That every situation isn't a monotony? Things happen and that just because you are incapable of considering that things outside the ordinary do happen doesn't mean it didn't happen. You don't care yet you posted to say that. Yep that is truly the definition of indifference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Agreed. The OP should have quit while he was ahead.
Ahead of what? What makes you think I'm trying to outrun anything?

Old 12-12-2013, 09:44 PM

3,048 posts, read 6,552,394 times
This reminds me of when I went to the car dealership to get a new car. I am dressed fine but I look very young/female. So when I went in the salesperson was not helpful and did not really answer my questions or even offer to take one for a test drive. So I left and I basically knew what I wanted. The next morning I went back and there was another salesperson who I got the car from that morning. Later that week I got a call from the original salesperson who was upset because he started with me I guess. I explained to the higher up that the original salesperson was not helpful etc. I do feel he did not think I was going to get a car cause I looked like I was young and may have needed help of someone rather then to do it on my own.
My point is that yes in life sometimes we get judged whether it is right or wrong it is life.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:13 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,775,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
OK so I read the entire thread. It was very nice of you to take your girlfriend out on a whim to a nice place. I think you should marry her and let her dress you like most of us do with our fashion challenged husbands. I've been dressing mine for years. He's not going out there in public with me looking like Boo Boo the Fool. I think calling security on you was a tad extreme and wrong, no matter how ugly those shark tooth necklaces are. Sorry, I don't find those the least bit attractive. Seriously, marry the girlfriend. She sounds like a keeper.
I agree 100% with this post. OP, get rid of the shark tooth necklaces! That must be what offended the guy so much he wanted to have you thrown out.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:30 PM

3,967 posts, read 4,586,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I agree 100% with this post. OP, get rid of the shark tooth necklaces! That must be what offended the guy so much he wanted to have you thrown out.
He should have said so. I would have gladly put it in my pocket.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:38 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,457,375 times
Why go to an upscale restaurant if you want to dress down? Just find a more compatible place. Easy.

Yes, we're judged by how we dress.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:23 PM

3,355 posts, read 2,678,639 times
I have a question, OP please don't be insulted by this.

In your original post, you described your girlfriend as your "partner".

You described yourself as wearing jeans, Lucchese boots, tee shirt and sharks tooth necklace.

You said the frontman said "this......man won't leave the restaurant".

All of this, to me, sounds like a gay couple being looked down upon. And the management's response would make a lot more sense if you are a lesbian couple and the maitre'd treated you this way.

Sooo.....am I reading between the lines something that's not there?

Old 12-15-2013, 04:35 PM

4,051 posts, read 3,067,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
My shirt was a Soundgarden T-shirt and my shark tooth necklace. I had a jacket which I wore as it is cold now but I removed it upon entry into the restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Yeah, really nice shirt. It just wasn't collared.
Now where is that collared Soundgarden polo shirt of mine?

Old 12-16-2013, 11:13 AM

5,081 posts, read 12,932,049 times
"Upscale" is a sales technique designed for humans with inferior self worth.

To appreciate the "Upscale" experience, the participant must dress in it's required costuming.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:16 PM

20,070 posts, read 14,363,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I have a question, OP please don't be insulted by this.

In your original post, you described your girlfriend as your "partner".

You described yourself as wearing jeans, Lucchese boots, tee shirt and sharks tooth necklace.

You said the frontman said "this......man won't leave the restaurant".

All of this, to me, sounds like a gay couple being looked down upon. And the management's response would make a lot more sense if you are a lesbian couple and the maitre'd treated you this way.

Sooo.....am I reading between the lines something that's not there?
Yeah, me, too. I'm getting a mental picture of Chas Bono. Could that be the case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships