Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:50 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
There's a reason you don't usually see MBAs on the Jerry Springer Show.
Now I have to clean wine out of my keyboard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:45 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Is this why its hard for me to make friends? Could this be the reason I like to stay home, and mind my own business? I mean, good God..why do women have to feel so much jealousy towards each other?
I work for this lady who has 3 other girls working the other days and shifts. Why do they feel the need to leave a nasty note saying..She Stunk? I mean, if you come in am shift, and you find her smelly, wouldn`t you think that you would have enough common sense to just clean her up. Whats the purpose of leaving a nasty note for everyone to see? I don`t get it.
I hate Drama! I run from it. Its stupid, and childish.
The best way I will handle it is to just ignore it. I`m not there to play games with who does what, who didn`t do this, or that.
Normally I agree. I feel like women as a group tend to hate me for no reason. It blows my mind and I could never figure out what I did to them. Now I don't care and don't think about it. In this case though, a person's care is in all of your hands. Tough situation.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:35 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Normally I agree. I feel like women as a group tend to hate me for no reason. It blows my mind and I could never figure out what I did to them. Now I don't care and don't think about it. In this case though, a person's care is in all of your hands. Tough situation.
You really believe billions of people you don't know hate you? It's not the case.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:49 PM

867 posts, read 1,588,171 times
Please show some compassion towards the elderly woman you are taking care of. Her urine could smell due to medication that she needs to live.

I hope things work out for you friend-wise.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Is this why its hard for me to make friends? Could this be the reason I like to stay home, and mind my own business? I mean, good God..why do women have to feel so much jealousy towards each other?
I work for this lady who has 3 other girls working the other days and shifts. Why do they feel the need to leave a nasty note saying..She Stunk? I mean, if you come in am shift, and you find her smelly, wouldn`t you think that you would have enough common sense to just clean her up. Whats the purpose of leaving a nasty note for everyone to see? I don`t get it.
I hate Drama! I run from it. Its stupid, and childish.
The best way I will handle it is to just ignore it. I`m not there to play games with who does what, who didn`t do this, or that.
Oh God, tell me about it! I know exactly what you are talking about.

A lot of women believe that all women out there are ready to steal their men, even though their men look like English bulldog (without the cuteness). They just want the male creatures giving them all the attention! When their attractiveness is challenged by younger prettier girls, they get nasty.

some women are mean bi*tches like the woman you described in your op. She must have really unhappy life! otherwise, she wouldn't be so nasty.

I have six very close guy friends. I also have 4 really cool girlfriends. It is good enough for me.

Plus when I am in a relationship, he is the only person I want to be with. Life is simpler that way.

Good luck to you. Hope you are staying away from dramas!!

Old 12-19-2013, 11:59 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,905,232 times
There is no question that some men are catty and petty and hostile, and there is no question that some women are not. I have known many women who are both rational and full of good will towards others. But at age 69 and having worked with hundreds of people of both genders I have to say that women are worse in the aggregate. The way I would express it is that everything tends to be personal with women to a greater extent than with men. When I was younger I naively thought it ought to be sufficient just to exhibit normal courtesy in dealings with others, to say "thank you" and "you're welcome" and so on. But no, within certain cliques it was considered necessary to oh and ah about pictures of children on their desks and that sort of thing in order to receive service, service which was supposed to be provided to all employees. In other words, the focus was not on the task at hand as much as it was on personal relations and personal interactions. An overall sense of objectivity was lacking.

And yes, let me repeat, many men are guilty too. But I cannot set aside a lifetime of observations - life is just intensely personal for many women.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 AM

153 posts, read 309,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
I don't think this is gender-specific. I have had problems with people in general, but not with women any more than men. I really don't trust women who spew that whole "I don't trust women, women are catty, jealous, etc." crap. It has been my experience that women like this tend to have issues because THEY keep drama going.
Yes! I couldn't agree more and I am happy to read the many posts on this thread that put this stupid argument (all women are catty and jealous) to rest.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:15 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Then feel proud of yourself for putting her first. This lady will no doubt not be here for much longer. Making her as comfortable as you can is not always about the salary, it is about being humane. I have a friend that runs one of theses care centers. He told me one of his workers was written into the will and was in shock when she found out. The family made sure she knew that she was appreciated for making their mom more comfortable. I am not saying that this is what will happen, but how much nicer you will feel doing your best for her.
The bolded. Did these other ladies not realize what their job would entail when they signed up? Maybe they are in the wrong line of work if they can't stop talking crap about a little old lady. Snots.

Your job may be a lot of work, and you have to put up with a lot of sights, smells, sounds, and even crankiness from your clients but it's not about you. It's about them. If those other ladies are not doing their job well, if the client is not being taken care of properly because the others are too busy whining about how much she smells, then maybe you need to take it up higher and let them handle it. Just do your job and ignore gossiping hens. Why on earth would you allow them to bring you down to their level? Is that the kind of person you want to be? If not, then toss their notes in to the trash.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:07 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The bolded. Did these other ladies not realize what their job would entail when they signed up? Maybe they are in the wrong line of work if they can't stop talking crap about a little old lady. Snots.

Your job may be a lot of work, and you have to put up with a lot of sights, smells, sounds, and even crankiness from your clients but it's not about you. It's about them. If those other ladies are not doing their job well, if the client is not being taken care of properly because the others are too busy whining about how much she smells, then maybe you need to take it up higher and let them handle it. Just do your job and ignore gossiping hens. Why on earth would you allow them to bring you down to their level? Is that the kind of person you want to be? If not, then toss their notes in to the trash.
Better yet, hand them over to authorities. This lady deserves better car than she is getting.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:05 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Better yet, hand them over to authorities. This lady deserves better car than she is getting.
That's funny, but I have been doing just that! If she leaves another note like that, I will take it to her daughter and suggest that she get a shower everyday!!

Thanks all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships