Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,819,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
The title is "Regifting -- its the Holiday Season!" and while reading ALL of the OP's you'd see that it was all about the regift from her so called friend of 30 years. She did mention that she wanted to stop exchanging gifts because she's been getting crapped on for years.
Unfortunately for me, I've wasted time reading the entire thread.

It's pretty easy to stop exchanging gifts. Just stop exchanging gifts.

Too much drama about all this. It's silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,604,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srnyong View Post
For Christmas I made my mother-in-law a professional quality apron in her favorite color. I made it for her because she always talks about how much she loves to cook and bake. This apron has 4 pockets, is reversible, and has a fully adjustable neck strap. I wanted to provide her with a handmade gift from the heart. It was not her only gift, I also wrote her a big check.
She thanked me for the check and then said she would give the apron away to "Joe Smith".

Is it ok to regift a handmade gift that someone spent hours making for you if you blatantly tell the giver that you are planning to do so?
That is just plain RUDE! Next year, no handmade gifts and no checks! I am an artist and know the work involved in making items. I also quilt and the cost of fabric alone is quite pricy. I can imagine the work that went into making an apron. Is your mother-in-law always such a ******* with you? Just curious.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,604,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I got a bunch of grief and bull**** this year - I'll definitely be regifting it next year.
Are we related? I've got some siblings I'd like to leave at the Salvation Army. I swear the holidays brings out the jerky side of many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships