Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 AM

106 posts, read 107,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You need to provide a "fully" question.

I am guessing that you have been harassed by some guys who think they own the club, and you want to get your own group of hangers-on to show them who's boss next time. Because you really DO believe in limits because these people have pushed you to yours.

Just can't tell what you're asking.
er.... no. Personally, I think people can do as they please. if you think otherwise, the real world is lost on you...

Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,516,197 times
Does the club have a "Humans Only" sign on the front?

As for the OP's question, every club is going to have a culture -- whether the male regulars are chill or not, whether the women regulars are open to approaches from guys that haven't been vetted 30x, the music they play, the drinks that get made, etc.

Now there is a difference between a male stranger coming in and trying to buy a woman regular a drink and getting blasted just for daring to approach Her Majesty, or a guy getting politely rejected and not being able to accept that.

So you go where you have fun, and stop going where you don't. If you want to take it over, don't expect the already-there regulars or the management to like it terribly much.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpickrell View Post
Does the club have a "Humans Only" sign on the front?

As for the OP's question, every club is going to have a culture -- whether the male regulars are chill or not, whether the women regulars are open to approaches from guys that haven't been vetted 30x, the music they play, the drinks that get made, etc.

Now there is a difference between a male stranger coming in and trying to buy a woman regular a drink and getting blasted just for daring to approach Her Majesty, or a guy getting politely rejected and not being able to accept that.

So you go where you have fun, and stop going where you don't. If you want to take it over, don't expect the already-there regulars or the management to like it terribly much.
er.. no.

Look, the suspicion is evident that you reckon you hold some "anointed right" to go to clubs. lulz.. does anybody else have to give a ****?

Old 12-23-2013, 08:34 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Private Reserve is when you have a wine cellar or a humidor for cigars and has nothing to do with being in a club.

It is a sad moment though when you actually state that your goal in life is to gather a "clubbing posse" so they can fight your fight when there is one while clubbing.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:54 AM

er.. no.

i'm saying that some reckon they are "anointed by power" to go to clubs/bars. i say i do not give a ****, since i don't have to respect others' wishes or feelings. so if people who (like most in their youth) reckon they are "anointed by power" to go to clubs get irate with me, meh, i don't care. my opinion (in that it's a free world) stands up to there's...

i get the suspicion here that many reckon they are "anointed by power" to go to clubs/bars, but yeah, tell me the statute or when God came down to say as such. and if somebody says i'm being "judgmental" or unkind, well yeah, humans never rebuke others, right? haha.. let's see then the postings of many here...

Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accencao View Post
er.. no.

i'm saying that some reckon they are "anointed by power" to go to clubs/bars. i say i do not give a ****, since i don't have to respect others' wishes or feelings. so if people who (like most in their youth) reckon they are "anointed by power" to go to clubs get irate with me, meh, i don't care. my opinion (in that it's a free world) stands up to there's...

i get the suspicion here that many reckon they are "anointed by power" to go to clubs/bars, but yeah, tell me the statute or when God came down to say as such. and if somebody says i'm being "judgmental" or unkind, well yeah, humans never rebuke others, right? haha.. let's see then the postings of many here...
It seems like you do care, considering you are giving it enough head space to start a thread on it.

I think most of us just haven't seen this phenomena you are talking about, where certain people own the place and others aren't welcome. I have seen footage of the old Studio 54 days, when they picked and chose who got in based on beauty, coolness, whatever, but haven't seen it in my life. Are you sure this isn't just one guy who doesn't like you in one particular club, and you're projecting it to be commonplace?

Old 12-23-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It seems like you do care, considering you are giving it enough head space to start a thread on it.

I think most of us just haven't seen this phenomena you are talking about, where certain people own the place and others aren't welcome. I have seen footage of the old Studio 54 days, when they picked and chose who got in based on beauty, coolness, whatever, but haven't seen it in my life. Are you sure this isn't just one guy who doesn't like you in one particular club, and you're projecting it to be commonplace?
lulz...

Look, I don't care about this again.

It's fact that most of a given age into clubbing think "the Universe" has anointed them the right to go to clubs, and get irate at those who they think weren't given this by the "Universe". haha.. to deny it is bull.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
I'm asking since one of my major goals in the short-term is to build a clubbing posse, but then I'm prepared for any fights that my emerge.
I'm incredibly impressed that this is one of your major short-term goals and that you'll even be ready to fight for it. Such wisdom and perspicacity!

Quote:
lulz...

Look, I don't care about this again.

It's fact that most of a given age into clubbing think "the Universe" has anointed them the right to go to clubs, and get irate at those who they think weren't given this by the "Universe". haha.. to deny it is bull.
Again, how amazing that this should be such an obsession. I gather from your continued defensive stance, along with your apparent inability to communicate without words being replaced by asterisks, that you perceive yourself as a wannabee gangstah who'd feel comfortable flashing a piece to make your point and show those who diss you how bad a guy you are. You don't see how mindless this is? You're like the banty rooster who fluffs up his feathers in superficial attack mode and then runs like the wind when big old King Rooster takes a not-so-good look at you, fluffs up his MUCH larger plumage and hones his spurs.

I'm sorry you have such an obvious inferiority complex. You could actually make something of yourself if you could get off this whole club schtick. Geez, kid, get a real life. It's out there for you if you open up your ears and mind.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:07 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,199,048 times
I am still waiting for one coherent sentence from the OP.

This can't be real.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:08 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
Quote:
So people see clubbing as their private reserve?

Well I think differently (and I don't have low self-esteem per the title, it's just a pun), and think anything goes in life. Nobody has to respect limits. So if somebody goes clubbing, do others mind (not that I NEED to give a **** of course). I'm asking since one of my major goals in the short-term is to build a clubbing posse, but then I'm prepared for any fights that my emerge.

LOL @ 'clubbing posse'How old are you,Playa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships