U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 04:56 AM

7,496 posts, read 9,715,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I used to go away for Christmas and think I might do it again?
As for seafood, I love it, however, have grown allergic to it, and can no longer indulge....
and how do you know I don't live in a warm climate?

My Magic 8-ball told me. 8-ball knows it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 04:59 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,771,403 times
Wow, I'd never ever put up with that. I remember going to a relative's house for dinner, years ago, and the hostess with not the mostess got up 1/2 way through dinner, took her dish with her, left the table, and started washing her dinner plate up and other stuff in the kitchen, leaving us all eating at the table. We just kinda stared at each other. Rude beyond rude.
I'd take the hint--if people act the way they do at the dinner table, it means something! You either make a change or nothing will change!!

Old 12-30-2013, 07:07 AM

26,316 posts, read 24,413,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
My Magic 8-ball told me. 8-ball knows it all.
like I believe you....

I want that Magic 8-ball!

Old 12-30-2013, 07:08 AM

26,316 posts, read 24,413,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Wow, I'd never ever put up with that. I remember going to a relative's house for dinner, years ago, and the hostess with not the mostess got up 1/2 way through dinner, took her dish with her, left the table, and started washing her dinner plate up and other stuff in the kitchen, leaving us all eating at the table. We just kinda stared at each other. Rude beyond rude.
I'd take the hint--if people act the way they do at the dinner table, it means something! You either make a change or nothing will change!!
yanno, people need to read how you should act when invited to dinner, yanno, including the hostess in your case.....

she sounds like a nervous nellie....

or

she was telling everyone to hurry up, time to leave?

well, I didn't put up with it either, they have been pulling this way to many times, and I'm no longer going to subject myself to feeling unappreciated....my family is extremely self imposed, and it comes from the fact that my mom, didn't teach them manners. They have befcome self indulgent

My younger sister, used to be a real brat, she used to cry and throw fits to get her way...and mom, as I said, always gave her her way, to shut her up....so she has always been like that....incredibly selfish.

Her husband is extremely interesting and once we were at a restaurant, and he was talking about clans, his clan and how it was in the old country, and she was making faces, b/c he was expressing himself....she didn't like that, so he usually says very little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships