Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I like the idea of the tree, but if something happened and the tree died at some point I would feel terrible, like the loved one died all over again.

When my best friend died of cancer her husband planted a tree for her in the front yard and sprinkled some of her ashes in it before covering it up. That tree grew like wildfire and is a big beautiful thing today, nearly 16 years later. When my son died a tree was planted in his name and some of his ashes added. Again, a beautiful tree now. So maybe there's something to it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 07:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Arrow View Post
For those who are married, do you intend to be buried in your family's graveyard or your wife/husband's family's graveyard?

Well my MIL went out and bought my wife and I lots beside her. I guess she's of the age when she is thinking of such things.

Long story short. My wife goes to the same church as her parents and is very religious. The lots are in this church's cemetery in the next town over. About a twenty minute drive from here. This is also her home town.

Now unbeknownst to MIL, my parents bought a clan of lots two decades ago not only for me but for any wife and children I might have. My parents are real religious if that makes a difference. I however am the only one not in any way religious if THAT makes a difference. Well this cemetery has relatives back to the mid 1800s. That and it is on a hill with a bunch of old trees as opposed to MIL's flat soccer field setup.

At first I felt like I didn't give two tiddlies where I was buried but now I really feel the intense urge to be buried at home.

I thought it was tradition the woman be buried with the man's family? I dunno but I would think that the case.

My wife is a lot closer to my family than I am to hers. We also reside in my home town. That being said, she is a lot closer to her family than I am to mine Don't get me wrong, we're close but not lovie dovie huggy kissy close like her's is.

She wants to be buried with her family but said first and foremost she wants to be beside me and would honor any decision I made. Yeah, thanks

So if you were me...
Normally once married the wife is buried in family plot with husband. But no hard and fast rules really.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Arrow View Post

So if you were me...
Split the difference like Solomon with a Craftsman circular saw.

[50/50]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships