U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:00 PM

25,953 posts, read 26,670,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Was it exactly 7... or just before? Maybe it was 6:58 and his shift started at 7:00.

(still no reason to ignore you... he could have said "I'll be with you in a few minutes")

If he was the only one in there and his shift didn't start until 7, the doors would be locked. But, as I stated, not the brightest bulbs on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 02:04 PM

588 posts, read 803,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Was it exactly 7... or just before? Maybe it was 6:58 and his shift started at 7:00.

(still no reason to ignore you... he could have said "I'll be with you in a few minutes")
I see what you're saying. It was a bit after 7, the sign said Open and he was at the counter where they make your sandwich. I didn't notice he was on the phone until I entered.
I've walked in on tons of employees on their cell phones, and usually they hold up a hand and mouth Sorry or something, or rush and say I gotta go to the person they're chatting with. But I've never had someone do what this guy did.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:06 PM

3,311 posts, read 3,528,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia25 View Post
Yeah, I am a pretty passive person. I don't like having to say, "Helllllloooooooo??? Am I invisible standing here?" LOL!!
I'm the exact same way, and thus, spend many wasted minutes of my life standing quietly waiting for someone to wait on me.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:08 PM

588 posts, read 803,097 times
lol

Old 01-13-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
lol
Just make a lot of noise. Don't set your purse on the counter, slam it down on that metal counter so it makes noise if you don't want to say hello, usually works every time. Take up whistling, which I can't do.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:40 PM

7,215 posts, read 7,880,375 times
If it's a major restaurant chain, they likely have a toll free customer service number. I would call and explain what happened. My guess is they will probably take it seriously. Failing to acknowledge a customer who has just walked in is a major "no no" in the franchise/corporate chain world.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:44 PM

16,867 posts, read 17,184,050 times
Quote:
I see what you're saying. It was a bit after 7, the sign said Open and he was at the counter where they make your sandwich. I didn't notice he was on the phone until I entered.
I've walked in on tons of employees on their cell phones, and usually they hold up a hand and mouth Sorry or something, or rush and say I gotta go to the person they're chatting with. But I've never had someone do what this guy did.
I agree that he should have acknowledged you.

Perhaps, it wasn't sexism that got him off the phone so quickly when the male customer entered right after you left. Maybe, it was his boss or a manager and not another customer. Maybe, he had finished his phone call. Maybe, he just realized "OMG, I better not ignore another customer or I will be in big trouble".
Maybe, the next customer was a regular who always gave him a big tip. Or, maybe, it was because the next person was a man. You probably won't ever know for sure.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:55 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,634,118 times
Quote:
Hi! I'm not sure which category to put this under, so I chose this one. Last Friday morning, I entered a well-known fast food restaurant. The only employee working at that time was on his cell phone. He looked at me yet continued talking. I stood there forever and he just kept on talking. So I left.
Yet, as I was getting into my car, I noticed another [male] customer walk in, and the employee quickly got off the phone and served him!!

I never, ever yell sexism, but wow! To me, it seems like that's what this was. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your comments
I find it interesting that it bothered you enough to post on this forum, but not enough to say "HELLO!! Customer over here!!"

Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
I find it interesting that it bothered you enough to post on this forum, but not enough to say "HELLO!! Customer over here!!"
Because none of this discussion is 'in-person.' Not so interesting afterall.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:12 PM

2,612 posts, read 4,752,237 times
He was done with his phone call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships