Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 AM

192 posts, read 321,442 times

Advertisements

I am sorry that this happened to you, did you call the corporate office or the district manager and make your complaint? There is no way that this could be denied by the clerk because most places today have video cameras and you could tell them what date and time you were at their establishment and have them view the camera. This is one of the very reasons I have decided to give up on fast food, number one it is never fast and many times the services is horrible. I figure I can take care of two proverbial stones at once eating health and saving money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 09:30 AM

410 posts, read 1,105,584 times
First of all, I've had this happen to me many times in the last few years, especially in fast food restaurants and convenience stores. Secondly, Americans tend to think our wants and needs are more important than anything else. If you've ever spent time in a foreign country (Europe), this practice is normal. A customer comes into a shop and if the shopkeeper is busy, the customer politely waits until the shopkeeper is ready to serve him.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:36 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,056,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
First of all, I've had this happen to me many times in the last few years, especially in fast food restaurants and convenience stores. Secondly, Americans tend to think our wants and needs are more important than anything else. If you've ever spent time in a foreign country (Europe), this practice is normal. A customer comes into a shop and if the shopkeeper is busy, the customer politely waits until the shopkeeper is ready to serve him.
Just to clarify, are you saying that in Europe the customer politely waits for the shopkeeper to conclude his personal, non business related business?

Old 01-19-2014, 03:50 PM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
You got me. When I come in to get my breakfast burrito, all I'm thinking of is my needs and wants. I don't give a thought to what the manager of the fast food joint might need. If he's on the phone chatting away with his cousin, it's no concern of mine.

As it turns out, I have spent time in Europe where I found shopkeepers attentive. Now if one is busy, say putting things away or waiting on someone else, the customer politely waits. However, it the shopkeeper is on the phone, reading a book, or otherwise engaged in personal pursuits then the customer soon becomes the focus of attention.

In any case, we are not in Europe, but the old U.S. of A., where it is considered customary to wait on customers in a pleasant and timely fashion or risk losing their business.

Certainly, chatting on a phone while a customer waits for service is not something I witness every day.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 PM

588 posts, read 954,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsunshine View Post
I am sorry that this happened to you, did you call the corporate office or the district manager and make your complaint? There is no way that this could be denied by the clerk because most places today have video cameras and you could tell them what date and time you were at their establishment and have them view the camera. This is one of the very reasons I have decided to give up on fast food, number one it is never fast and many times the services is horrible. I figure I can take care of two proverbial stones at once eating health and saving money.
Yes, it was addressed at a meeting they had on Wed. The manager didn't deny it and admitted he was wrong. The district manager offered me a free meal, but I'm not really interested in going to that location again. Blechh!

Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,470,166 times
He did you a favor, fast food kills.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:45 AM

12,704 posts, read 14,872,891 times
I used to go to my fair share of fast food places...through the drive-thru though...I never really walked in.

I've never seen such rude behavior as an employee on a personal call & not saying squat while the customer is standing right there. There's absolutely zero excuse for that rudness.

Now I'm not the type to make a big fuss at the time. Yes, I would have quietly, yet firmly said something to the worker at the time, but if I have a complaint whether it be at a fast food place, retail store, sit-down restaurant, etc. I'm the type to EMAIL them / contact them through their website when I get home. I've done that several times or so in my day & I think I've gotten a reply EVERY TIME...sometimes with a gift card to rectify the situation.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:09 PM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia25 View Post
Found out he's the manager!!!! YES! The district manager told me yesterday. She said he was reprimanded at some meeting they had on Wed. in front of everyone and that he was remorseful. Of course he was! He got caught. People are a trip sometimes.
This is strange. I rarely complain, but sometimes the employees offer me little choice. Not once have I ever been told what the complete outcome was. I will get the "Our apologies" spiel, and the "free meal on us" if it's a restaurant, but there has never been a time when the District Manager, or anyone else higher up on the food chain of that business, has ever said, "Oh we ragged on him in front of everyone at a meeting". That stuff doesn't happen.

If you were indeed told that, it is extraordinarily unprofessional and should be a big eye opener to you never to patronize that establishment again. There should never be a discussion with the customer about what happened; that should all be handled internally. All they are required to do is make it right by you, not tell you what they did. (This is barring criminal cases before anyone jumps on the word, "never".)

Old 01-25-2014, 11:52 AM

588 posts, read 954,759 times
Yeah, I don't know if she was just trying to make me feel better, but she didn't. I just wanted to make sure it didn't happen to anyone else, and to let him know he couldn't get away with treating a customer like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships