U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 06:44 AM

17,631 posts, read 11,088,386 times

Advertisements

You are going to be one of those people we read about who befriended some stranger and ended up being robbed and killed. If those past bad experiences haven't taught you that some people are just nuts there is no hope for you.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 07:04 AM

1,472 posts, read 1,986,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are going to be one of those people we read about who befriended some stranger and ended up being robbed and killed. If those past bad experiences haven't taught you that some people are just nuts there is no hope for you.

Don
My downfall I trust most people. Yes I will pick up people, Pray with them give them what comfort I can, the world is going through hard times and I can't stand to see anyone suffer. It wouldn't get anyone much if they was to rob me.

Even though I did have a Guy walk into my House take what little I had, he was nice to my Dogs though I gave him credit for that. I told him it wasn't nice of him to do this considering all I had done for him. That was years ago he still tries to make up and be close. Since then he has been in prison and is doing drugs. He is in his own hell and I Pray for him.

brushrunner

Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM

16,801 posts, read 14,444,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Don't need to be thinking about sex all the time. What is wrong with you people?

brushrunner
What a strange thing for you to say. Every other post you make is sexual in nature, whether it's looking through Amish girls' dresses or bragging about your three-foot long tongue or your days as a "swinger." It's gross, quite frankly. You come across as a dirty old man.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:19 AM

43,012 posts, read 92,013,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, come on. If he was on the up-and-up, he could just ask his wife what the woman's name is. But my guess is that she doesn't even know about this woman, or the depth of his "friendship" with her. What kind of married man "gets close to" a woman through FB without his wife knowing who she is? My SO and I are not even living together and we know who is who on each other's pages (high school buddies, hobby buddies, exes, etc.).
My husband doesn't know the names of my internet friends. I talk about them, but rarely refer to them by name because he can't keep track of them. We don't need to know every single person we each talk to. The difference is we're a mature couple who have been together for over 22 years. You're still young and not even married. You couldn't possibly know what it's like to have complete trust in a relationship on this level.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
No she has fake name on FB.
Then just ask her. She'll understand because she's using a fake name. People forget. It happens. No big deal.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:45 PM

16,992 posts, read 20,598,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, for goodness sake. Why do women have to be so insecure that they think a man is wanting to have an affair if he's friends with a woman? I have many close male friends. Some of them have been my friends for longer than my marriage of 22 years. The OP posted this in the non-romantic relationships forum, not the relationships forum. Try answering his question instead of projecting how you feel about married people having friendship with the opposite sex.

How can you compare real life relationships(you knowing male friends longer than your husband) to this?

The OP doesn't know this person other than online.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM

2,986 posts, read 3,307,305 times
Quote:
Ok lately she has been mentioning how close we have become Me I don't know how to tastefully ask her to tell me her name again.
Didn't Seinfeld have an episode similar to this?

Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
How can you compare real life relationships(you knowing male friends longer than your husband) to this?

The OP doesn't know this person other than online.
How is that incomparable? I was responding to people who were appalled because he's married. They would likely be even more insecure with real life friends. Regardless, there's nothing wrong with making friends online. I have a few close friends I met online. They're real life friends. We do all sorts of things together.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:29 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,986,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What a strange thing for you to say. Every other post you make is sexual in nature, whether it's looking through Amish girls' dresses or bragging about your three-foot long tongue or your days as a "swinger." It's gross, quite frankly. You come across as a dirty old man.
Ok maybe I shouldn't comment when some ask about or bring up certain things but I have. Yes I was wild and crazy in my youth and do some off the wall stuff and didn't give a **** but with time things change which I most defiantly have.

But I can't believe person as yourself is so intrigued by every little thing I have to say that you have to file it in your mind maybe down deep you're enjoying now who is the sick one

brushrunner

Old 01-18-2014, 03:39 PM

18,283 posts, read 23,413,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Her name is Mulva.
deloris!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships