Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname10 View Post
She doesn't and prefers not to work.... but she sure expects to shop whenever she wants and get a new condo? Hell no. And I'm a woman. ha. The husband provides and takes vacations, buys "nice" things, but that is just ridiculous. Unless, irishman would prefer to just accept and let her be that way... then that's their choice.
Well, duh... that's what I said. It's kind of like choosing whether or not to have kids. It's no one else's concern. What's your point?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
I think people need to lay off on the fact that wife doesn't and prefers not to work in the future. So the hell what? She doesn't need to, Irish is ok with it, and really doesn't factor into the fact that she hates the GF. Pfffffftttttt... it doesn't matter here. Now, if it did bother Irish, then he can start a new thread about it.
Exactly. That's why I said those are not relevant questions for him. They are not even remotely concerned with WHO will be the breadwinner in the event of a disaster.

He is bothered by her attitude about money, but not for the reasons he needs to be bothered. If they did any REAL work in therapy, he would then be aware of the REAL reasons her attitude bothers him and they would have a conversation about "what-ifs."

Right now they are still teenagers emotionally, and we all know teenagers do not think about the future.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
She doesn't and prefers not to work.... but she sure expects to shop whenever she wants and get a new condo? Hell no. And I'm a woman. ha. The husband provides and takes vacations, buys "nice" things, but that is just ridiculous. Unless, irishman would prefer to just accept and let her be that way... then that's their choice.
I'm impressed you read this much, but you are REALLY late to this party.

We've been trying to slap some sense into him for a year now. It's not about the shopping.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:35 AM

159 posts, read 292,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm impressed you read this much, but you are REALLY late to this party.

We've been trying to slap some sense into him for a year now. It's not about the shopping.

Ha, okay okay.
Just didn't think it was okay to justify her wanting to sit and do nothing and spend all this money. But I've obviously missed a few points. Carry on.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Ha, okay okay.
Just didn't think it was okay to justify her wanting to sit and do nothing and spend all this money. But I've obviously missed a few points. Carry on.
You're right. It's not OK. But there are so many other things here that are not OK that they won't deal with.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:33 PM

818 posts, read 857,430 times
Still pouting

Old 05-31-2014, 04:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
Still pouting
Quit having conversations about the "little" things and have a conversation about the big things, like "how are we going to spend the rest of our lives?" "What are our priorities?"

Old 05-31-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Quit having conversations about the "little" things and have a conversation about the big things, like "how are we going to spend the rest of our lives?" "What are our priorities?"
That doesn't go over too well when one party is pouting profusely and giving one word answers that go nowhere. This is how it would go down, I bet every dollar I earn between now and 2050.

Me: How are we going to spend the rest of our lives?
Her: I don't know
Me: What are our priorities?

^ I guarantee that that would be the totality of our conversation

Old 05-31-2014, 06:01 PM

Not saying I'm going to do it, but, I know her, and there's only 1 thing that will get her to talk to me. Starts with a J, ends with -ewelry

Old 05-31-2014, 06:04 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
That doesn't go over too well when one party is pouting profusely and giving one word answers that go nowhere. This is how it would go down, I bet every dollar I earn between now and 2050.

Me: How are we going to spend the rest of our lives?
Me: What are our priorities?

^ I guarantee that that would be the totality of our conversation
And how would the conversation go if one person wasn't pouting like a selfish, naïve 13 year old who didn't get the birthday present that she demanded from her daddy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships