U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2014, 06:56 AM
 
Location: The Jar
20,070 posts, read 14,390,885 times
Reputation: 36806

Advertisements

Male passivity is not attractive, or good for family dynamics!!

It's time for the OP/dad to grow a pair and tell the wife enough is enough!

If you are not strong enough to do it on your own, then go back into therapy to work on those weak dangling medallions!

 
Old 01-23-2014, 06:56 AM
 
863 posts, read 1,823,415 times
Reputation: 462
I agree with you it's a phase, however I would stress condom use or even get her on the pill. You don't want a phase now to last forever because he thought the pull out method would work.
 
Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
3,741 posts, read 4,201,429 times
Reputation: 6861
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
I agree with you it's a phase, however I would stress condom use or even get her on the pill. You don't want a phase now to last forever because he thought the pull out method would work.
I disagree. The message was sent and received. It's now time for both parents to shut the h*** up.
 
Old 01-23-2014, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in America
12,304 posts, read 10,723,160 times
Reputation: 20540
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Yeah, she's concerned, but not for the right reasons. She's not a mature woman, just an older girl.
Your son is 19 and has the maturity of a teenager! So it's ok for your kid to be immature at 19, but not a woman he dates? Talk about a double standard!
 
Old 01-23-2014, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in America
12,304 posts, read 10,723,160 times
Reputation: 20540
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
#6 - why don't you just say "because you are wrong for saying the nasty comments about the gf - I told you that and yet you still insist on fighting with your own son"?
Because that requires having a pair and using them.
 
Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 AM
 
7,363 posts, read 13,190,281 times
Reputation: 8940
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Your son is 19 and has the maturity of a teenager! So it's ok for your kid to be immature at 19, but not a woman he dates? Talk about a double standard!
She's talking about the wife, not the girlfriend. The wife is not a mature woman, but an older girl.
 
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 AM
 
Location: The Greater Houston Metro Area
8,985 posts, read 14,638,446 times
Reputation: 14868
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Did you ever tell your wife that she's way out of line? Sounds like your son is the only one that stands up to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Male passivity is not attractive, or good for family dynamics!!

It's time for the OP/dad to grow a pair and tell the wife enough is enough!

If you are not strong enough to do it on your own, then go back into therapy to work on those weak dangling medallions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Because that requires having a pair and using them.
On his own, your son has had to figure out how not to be run over by his mother. He sure didn't get an example from you. The mother screams - the father cowers and shakes. The son needs to get out of there ASAP to live his own life. At the end of the day, you might very well lose your son and later grandchildren - your wife through her bullying and you from your cowardice.

Ah, well, you have each other, huh?

I think 90% of the posters here prefer Rachel and her tattoos over the family (I do, and I don't even like tatoos) - how do you think your son feels?
 
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in America
12,304 posts, read 10,723,160 times
Reputation: 20540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
She's talking about the wife, not the girlfriend. The wife is not a mature woman, but an older girl.
Ahh....the wife sounds like a 13 year old! Kind of insulting to 13 year old girls. They have a reason for acting that way....they are after all only 13.
 
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM
 
8,778 posts, read 16,727,426 times
Reputation: 5243
Maybe mom is actually feeling freaked out because the GF is a "mirror image" of herself?
 
Old 01-23-2014, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 14,189,805 times
Reputation: 4563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Maybe mom is actually feeling freaked out because the GF is a "mirror image" of herself?
Yes. That's what I'm thinking. Remember she had the son at 18. Maybe she just doesn't want him to go down the same path.

I'm not saying she's handling this correctly. She has some serious issues. But she could be coming from the right place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top