Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,797,085 times

Advertisements

Well, to me, it does sound like it's getting better.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:12 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,436,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
he and I try to keep them separate. If its Rachel/my son date night at the house, than its wife/me date night on the town.
You shouldn't have to leave your home to appease your wife and your son should be able to bring his girlfriend over without worrying about whether his mother will be there.

With that being said, it does look like there's been some improvement. I'm impressed that your son was able to get a job so quickly in this economy.

I still think you should insist on counseling.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:29 AM

818 posts, read 856,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You shouldn't have to leave your home to appease your wife and your son should be able to bring his girlfriend over without worrying about whether his mother will be there.

With that being said, it does look like there's been some improvement. I'm impressed that your son was able to get a job so quickly in this economy.

he works the toll booth at the hospital.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

If Rachel's here and my wife is hear, that's all she'll talk about is how much she disapproves. If I take her out, Rachel is the last thing on her mind.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:12 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,165,042 times
Quote:
If Rachel's here and my wife is hear, that's all she'll talk about is how much she disapproves. If I take her out, Rachel is the last thing on her mind.
Your solution is to spend money on her. Sounds like she has it down cold.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,113,539 times
So you are still appeasing her by taking her out. You reward her bad behavior.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,788,338 times
Quote:
What happens when you tell your wife to s t f u?

Old 03-11-2014, 12:23 PM

278 posts, read 276,831 times
Quote:
I'm 37, my wife is 37, and our son is 19. He has a new GF he met at some party around Halloween. This is his 2nd GF. My wife liked the first GF even though she was a bit promiscuous. She absolutely hates this one, Rachel. Rachel is kind of like the last GF, but significantly more " bad girl". She's got a Carpe Diem tattoo near the quote " What's meant to be will find a way". She's planning a third one, a butterfly ( how original). She drinks more than the first one and dresses pretty skimpy( even in the Chicago cold). Anyway, my wife hates her, seethes when Rachel's at the house and seethes when those two leave for their date. I don't mind her because I know its a phase. He's 19, his hormones, not his brain, are doing the thinking. He's probably having a grand time. My wife refers to this girl as " Kelly Bundy 2.0"( remember her?) I've never told my wife this, but Rachel is alot like my wife was 18 years ago( minus the tattoos). Should I just tell her " relax, he's not marrying her, she'll be gone by April"?
Birth control. Focus on the birth control.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
What happens when you tell your wife to s t f u?
She becomes irate and cusses me out in 3 languages.

1) English
2) Italian
3) " I'm so mad I'm not even saying real words anymore" speak.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,075,669 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Your solution is to spend money on her. Sounds like she has it down cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
So you are still appeasing her by taking her out. You reward her bad behavior.
As I read this thread and remember your previous thread, I continue to be amazed at how much your 37 year old wife acts like a spoiled child/teenager. And how much you continue to treat her like a spoiled child instead of a grown woman.

Is she ever going to be expected to grow up and become an adult?

Congrats to your son on all of his gains in recent months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.