Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,187,376 times

Advertisements

My guess is that she will be better in the future - bullies remain bullies until their hand is forced. I have noticed that they tend to respect those that don't take their crap and direct their horrible behavior toward easier targets. Hope it works out that way for you.

She may do it one more time (just a little) to feel out the new boundaries. Stay firm!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 04:13 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,978,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
lilshorty4lyfe, are you saying that your facebook comment wasn't about her? who was it about?
Her coworkers.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,013 times
Facebook drama is not for adults. Having said that, your husband should stick up for you and not allow his mother to be rude. I am glad he did. Don't air your grievances on FB, keep it to yourself, and be the bigger person. That way your husband will continue to see you in a positive light and his mother will continue to look unreasonable and immature.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:35 PM

530 posts, read 666,620 times
You had your mother in law on your fb page...why? She is not your friend. Why would you want her on your page? I may be out of line here but I am assuming you do not invite her along when you are out with your girlfriends on a ladies night or some such other occasion. Why then would she have a place on your page?
A wise mother would never alienate her son. This woman is a fool.
I have had the occasion to know such a fool. The world is full of them.
Keep her off your page and I think your husband should also do so.
Keep in mind that anything you write anywhere on the internet remains forever.
If you don't want something to be known to another, tell it to a pet or whisper it in a prayer. Do not advertise your thoughts on fb.
Congratulations to your husband for sticking up for you. That's all that really counts here.
As for your future relationship with your darling in law, you appear to be the smarter one here, you'll figure out a way to get past this and keep the peace.
Invite the old bag out to tea and cake - just the two of you and have a chatty time of it. Keep a clothespin in your bag to put back on your nose as you walk out of sight into the sunset....

Old 04-03-2014, 04:48 PM

24,076 posts, read 32,418,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
The back story for the "drama" behind this can be read at a previous thread

Mother in law problems with child... what to do

So, I asked my husband to read through that thread to see I am not the only one who thinks the way I do, or feels the way I do about how the issue could be resolved. Well... he said he would handle it when the time came.

MIL continued to direct nasty Facebook memes and passive aggressive comments at me, but DH kept telling me that I was being vain thinking they were about me. He doesnt feel her thoughts would ever be directed towards me (afterall, obviously I'm not all she thinks about), and that it was in my head.

Well the other day I posted a thread on facebook thanking my husband for reminding me that we live our lives to be happy, not to appease others. He responded to my post with a recent meme from MIL facebook page that said something along the lines of "I don't give a ^$ what people think of me, I say what I want." I knew that was going to upset her, and told him. He said it fit what he was telling me about not worrying about others, and that is was fine. Well MIL comes on telling me to look in the mirrow and she doesn't give a flying you know what what I think but that those throwing stones usually live in glass houses.

Granted, my husband posted it, but she attacked me instead. This was my last straw and simply told her "The post has nothing to do with you, I don't know what you are ranting about but you are the last person who should be throwing stones. Be careful who's toes you step on." She came back with "oh no you didn't don't make me go there.. with a few explicitives and insults. I basically told her I had a perfect idea for where she could go. DH asked me to delete post entirely, and I did.

I know this is long, so I'll sum it up from here. She called me his "$%^# wife" and he finally stood up for me. Told her that she was wrong and needed to apologize so we could all move forward as a family. He told her I had nothing to do with the issues at Thanksgiving, and that she was creating a problem that didn't need to be there. She told him that she was never going to let a woman get between them and he told he I was never trying to do that and that he should never have to choose between his mother and wife. She told him not to make the decision, that she would do it for him, and good bye. He told her that she was proving how dysfunctional their family was and that its on her if they aren't talking. That he couldn't believe she rather not talk to him than to admit she was wrong and apologize.

This was a week ago. Nobody has heard from her. I have since removed her from my friends list since her last two posts were along the lines of "people tell you whats wrong with you when they can't handle that theres so much right with you."

Needless to say I am upset, hubby is upset, MIL hates me more than ever. I just don't see how this could end well. I really want a good relationship with her, despite her flaws. We all have flaws. I just want to be accepted, not walked all over and for hubby to keep his relationship with his mom.

Thanks to anyone who stuck through this whole thing.

First, this woman is not your friend - on FB or IRL. So unfriend her.

Second, Facebook is a veritable playground for the nasty and passive aggressive!

Third, having a MIL like this sucks. (((Hugs))).

Kudos to your husband for standing up ti her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships