Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

I guess I figured they'd be like applebees or some other chain restaurant quality food. No?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 06:06 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,429,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
The food IMO is average, not great, not terrible. Some of the gals working at these places are super good looking, but I feel sorry for them when I see 40 year old men hitting on 21-23 year old women. I've had some regular conversations with plenty of them just fine, and it seems they like me because I'm not all creepy trying to fish for their number.
Actually I see guys older than 40 etc having the waitresses talk to them! They must be real regulars and/or the girls see them as 'safe'.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I guess I figured they'd be like applebees or some other chain restaurant quality food. No?
True.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:11 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Actually I see guys older than 40 etc having the waitresses talk to them! They must be real regulars and/or the girls see them as 'safe'.
That's how they get the customers to come back over and over again. They have this fake act they put on. When I talk to them it's more genuine and real talk, stuff us younger generations do. I use to work with a guy that knew all the managers by name (and many other girls) at all the Wing House's. He was 45 and bald and they put that fake act on, sure it was always friendly talk, but he really thought he was stroking his ego every time he visited there. It's common sense really. 21-23 year old women aren't interested in 40-50 year old men, they are interested in doing their jobs and selling wings. Not to mention, plenty of those girls are attention seekers, they like the attention they get even if it is from older men.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
That's how they get the customers to come back over and over again. They have this fake act they put on. When I talk to them it's more genuine and real talk, stuff us younger generations do. I use to work with a guy that knew all the managers by name (and many other girls) at all the Wing House's. He was 45 and bald and they put that fake act on, sure it was always friendly talk, but he really thought he was stroking his ego every time he visited there. It's common sense really. 21-23 year old women aren't interested in 40-50 year old men, they are interested in doing their jobs and selling wings. Not to mention, plenty of those girls are attention seekers, they like the attention they get even if it is from older men.

Sounds incredibly depressing. Like a strip club.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 PM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sounds incredibly depressing. Like a strip club.
Basically, which is why I never frequent those places by choice. The only ever time I go is when 40-50 year old men from work want to drag me there.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
The reason I posted this in relationships rather than the food forum is because my observance is more about the women than the food...

I was just at Tilted Kilt today,another of what they call 'breasturants'...in the same vein as Hooters,Twin Peaks etc.

What is your take on these places?....

Up until I hit 40 I thought they were nice to go to once in awhile,now they just seem like gratuitous places for people in their 20s mainly. When I go to the ones around here anyway I notice the waitresses usually just hang around each other,their co workers,or 20-something patrons...

I don't think I'm that old looking,but I noticed the conversations among them have mostly to do with partying,getting drunk etc. So maybe they can sense that I'm into more 'mature' conversation...besides that I'm not really a schmoozer anyway. Kinda quiet in situations like that so the odds are already against me that I should be involved in any conversations with them. The last time I actually had somewhat of a rapport with one was a couple years ago...
OP, I don't get what your expectation is. These aren't call girl centers, where you can pick up a date for the evening. Do you have conversations with the waitresses in the other restaurants you go to? Aside from asking questions about the menu or exchanging pleasantries?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Don't forget,you will be that age too someday

If the 'genuine' talk I heard today is always about getting drunk and falling down,I think I'll pass and just enjoy the view

Old 01-28-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I don't get what your expectation is. These aren't call girl centers, where you can pick up a date for the evening. Do you have conversations with the waitresses in the other restaurants you go to? Aside from asking questions about the menu or exchanging pleasantries?
It's a chance to talk to better than average looking women,like I said a test for a regular social situation,which I mentioned I think I may be past my prime on...

Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 PM
MJ7

Quote:
Don't forget,you will be that age too someday

If the 'genuine' talk I heard today is always about getting drunk and falling down,I think I'll pass and just enjoy the view
Yup, and when I go into those joints when I'm your age I will do just exactly that, enjoy the view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships