Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,396,265 times

Advertisements

The reason I posted this in relationships rather than the food forum is because my observance is more about the women than the food...

I was just at Tilted Kilt today,another of what they call 'breasturants'...in the same vein as Hooters,Twin Peaks etc.

What is your take on these places?....

Up until I hit 40 I thought they were nice to go to once in awhile,now they just seem like gratuitous places for people in their 20s mainly. When I go to the ones around here anyway I notice the waitresses usually just hang around each other,their co workers,or 20-something patrons...

I don't think I'm that old looking,but I noticed the conversations among them have mostly to do with partying,getting drunk etc. So maybe they can sense that I'm into more 'mature' conversation...besides that I'm not really a schmoozer anyway. Kinda quiet in situations like that so the odds are already against me that I should be involved in any conversations with them. The last time I actually had somewhat of a rapport with one was a couple years ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 06:18 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,720,801 times
I've never been. I've not heard good things about the food and in general hate chains, so.... I've also not lived near any (except a brief stint I lived in Indiana, that sucked), so saw no reason to go out of my way to one.

Why would you go to a place to talk to waitresses in the first place? Doesn't make much sense to me. Waitresses are working and trying to make a living, not their to small talk with customers.

Last edited by timberline742; 01-28-2014 at 06:31 PM..

Old 01-28-2014, 06:27 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,235,848 times
Ive been to all those breasturants and there's nothing special about them; just another socializing place. The food looks horrible, and Im sorry, but so do some of the waitress, Lol

Old 01-28-2014, 06:33 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,508,846 times
Despite what one may think about the server profession you have to imagine they might be pretty good at reading people. If they don't think they can strike a chord with someone they won't hang around. For Hooters (we don't have the others) it's all about the flirt because the food sucks.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:43 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,448,266 times
Breastaurants certainly fill a niche in the restaurant industry and are quite popular with the 20-something male demographic. I only have a Twin Peaks in my city since the Hooters recently closed.

Beautiful, scantily clad women serving up hot beef and cold beer is everything that's great about America for some. I've never been to any of the breastaurants, but I'd imagine you'd have to be a certain type of guy (extroverted party animal) to enjoy yourself in such a place. My brother is 40 and went to Twin Peaks expecting to see a bunch of hot women, but he said he felt kind of dirty going there because the girls, while attractive, were so young.

When I'm eating out, all I care about is the food. I don't really care about scenic views. A hot waitress is nice to look at, but it's not like I have a chance with her. Besides any banter that we share is strictly professional because she works for tips. She has a financial interest in pretending to be interested in me. Boobs, beer, and bar food might suffice for some, but it's not my cup of tea.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I've never been. I've not heard good things about the food and in general hate chains, so.... I've also not lived near any (except a brief stint I lived in Indiana, that sucked), so saw no reason to go out of my way to one.

Why would you go to a place to talk to waitresses in the first place? Doesn't make much sense to me. Waitresses are working and trying to make a living, not their to small talk with customers.
I guess you're not that familiar with diners,truck stops,etc? Any good waitresses have a rapport with their patrons...you know,that's how they make better tips?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:47 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,720,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I guess you're not that familiar with diners,truck stops,etc? Any good waitresses have a rapport with their patrons...you know,that's how they make better tips?

I've been to many diners, to eat, not make small talk with the people waiting on me. I tip on their service. Thought everyone did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Despite what one may think about the server profession you have to imagine they might be pretty good at reading people. If they don't think they can strike a chord with someone they won't hang around. For Hooters (we don't have the others) it's all about the flirt because the food sucks.
I guess I go to them for a couple reasons...to see 'women in uniform' and to kind of test myself socially every once in awhile,which as you described I don't think I'd cut it in similar social situations then

Btw another sign of age is when you actually care as much or more about food than most other things

The food at those places I've tried isn't that bad...

6,732 posts, read 5,141,223 times
The Twin Peaks and some of the BIKINI's here in Texas have pretty good food and the games (including boxing and UFC PPV's).

That's about it, though.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,681,652 times
The food IMO is average, not great, not terrible. Some of the gals working at these places are super good looking, but I feel sorry for them when I see 40 year old men hitting on 21-23 year old women. I've had some regular conversations with plenty of them just fine, and it seems they like me because I'm not all creepy trying to fish for their number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships