Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling3 View Post
I was actually the one who ended the conversation, not her. I wasn't rude to her when I let her know I had to finish talking, nor was she rude in her reply.
Well, then to answer your original question, I'd say contact her again and see what happens.

[don't worry about what happened on FB]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 08:41 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
Look I'll be honest with you here about Facebook.....
When people add you, they size you up.
Don't ask me why people do this, just accept the way it is.

I've had co-workers drop me from their list for no reason whatsoever.
I personally believe Facebook is all about image reputation.
Sometimes I add people bec. they've requested to be a "friend" after seeing my posts. I think ,ok we have some things in common. Then I see their posts, and they turn out to be of no interest to me. So I unfriend them.
Since I don't know them I feel no need to explain to them.

but in the case of the OP, if it was someone that I had a history with, I would explain.
Have you asked her?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:44 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Did your "big tension" stem from your Facebook friendship? I used to be on Facebook and I had friends in real life who I liked very much but I did not like them at all on Facebook. I don't know what the tension was over but perhaps she just does not wish to connect with you in that manner (Facebook). ?
this is interesting. I knew one person I liked a lot in real life. On fb I found him arrogant, smug, a poseur. It was weird. I ended up not following him on fb, cuz his friendship in real life meant more than a fb "friendship."

even tho I'm on fb, (too much), I think it is nothing really important, and that real-life relationships are much more important.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:29 PM

683 posts, read 1,883,393 times
Why do you think her not wanting to be your friend means she is insecure? I don't see how that relates.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:29 AM

97 posts, read 367,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
Why do you think her not wanting to be your friend means she is insecure? I don't see how that relates.
Becuase what kind of sane, secure person:

1. Adds someone as a friend
2. Has a great chat
3. Unfriends without delay

Unless she is mentally unwell or has a drug problem, that just screams insecure to me.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:12 AM

22,560 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Sorry, but you are the one appearing insecure, with all this online drama and repeated rebuttals... because of Facebook.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
I agree with Pitt Chick. How does her unfriending you make her insecure? This question makes you seem insecure. I think she accepted your friend request so as not to seem rude, and she chatted with you in a polite way, again not to be rude. Then she really doesn't care to take up with you again, maybe because of what happened before, or maybe a million other reasons. So she quietly unfriends you, because she's just not that into you. Just let it go and don't waste any more time thinking about it.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:43 AM

912 posts, read 1,524,365 times
I feel like there is a lot of missing information here.

It's entirely possible that she accepted your friend request out of curiosity or with a sense of letting bygones by bygones, but after talking to you, realized that she didn't/couldn't let the "big tension" go. Something sort of similar happened to me years ago with a friend. We never officially dated, but we sort of headed in that direction...then he did a series of very hurtful and messed up things, and well...that was that. It was pretty ugly, though I was glad that I had dodged that particular bullet about getting in a real relationship with him.

After a good amount of time had passed (a year? maybe two?), he friended me on FB again and I was feeling particularly sunny and forgiving that day, so I thought "Sure, I'm happy, I'll let the past stay in the past." and accepted his friend request.

After about two days, I was just tired of it -- he was still posting the same self-pity stuff he posted years earlier, and I just realized that I was better off now and I didn't want him to have any kind of access into my life. So I de-friended him. He hasn't contacted me since, and it's been a long time now.

It's entirely possible that Jessica friended you in the same spirit, then spoke to you hoping you'd acknowledge the past incident and perhaps apologize...then when you didn't, she didn't feel that any changes had been made and removed you from her FB friends.

I'd just let this go.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sorry, but you are the one appearing insecure, with all this online drama and repeated rebuttals... because of Facebook.
If I was insecure, I wouldn't have even tried adding her as a friend in the first place. But I did try because of my self-confidence.

I know I can live my life without her and I'm not too scared to talk to her...I'm not seeing how I'm the insecure one?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswanlady View Post
I feel like there is a lot of missing information here.

After about two days, I was just tired of it -- he was still posting the same self-pity stuff he posted years earlier, and I just realized that I was better off now and I didn't want him to have any kind of access into my life. So I de-friended him. He hasn't contacted me since, and it's been a long time now.
There's been no self-pity from me and I highly doubt that she'd want to even mention the "big tension". "Jessica" has always been a "let go of drama" person herself...so I don't know how I could've handled the situation any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships