Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't WANT to go in a bar where kids are welcome. A bar is a place where adults can have grown up convesations involving sex and other gross stuff

Lots of people drink ALOT at bars and get drunk. You wanna have your kids exposed to drunk people and teach them it is okay to get shytefaced? There might be women throwing themselves on guys, showing cleavage, there might be alot of touching and grabbing or swearing, slurred speech, just general drunk behavior. Even if you are behaving normal, you always have to calculate that in, if you take your kids to a bar.

There is so many other places kids can go to, you really need to bring them into a bar? What for?

If you take them into a bar during the day, they see the usual/daily alcoholics hanging around there - want your child to see that?

And at night - should a child be out and watch others partying? Not really ...
I don't go to bars where people are getting sh** faced and throwing them selves at other people. I go to places like the link I posted above. People go to taste different beers. That is done in very small glasses. No one is hooking up, or slurring, or getting rowdy. Yet, it could be considered a "bar" though a better name would be "tasting room." These are usually located in family friendly suburbs or tourist towns where families vacation.

I'm beginning to wonder where some of you hang out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 12:17 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
in case you all missed it, I did clarify what i meant by bar
(it was too late to edit my OP)

NOT:
Chili's Bar & Grill
Applebee's
Champions Sports Bar at the Hilton
a shopping mall bar like Chelsea Street Pub
an "ice house"
a tasting room
a microbrewery
a restaurant that serves beer with a playground that is obviously "family friendly"

I'm talking about an actual bar, where loud or live music is played, people are drinking, smoking (patio of course), and likely using foul language

The kind of place that doesn't open until 4 pm and stays open til 2 am

Old 02-21-2014, 12:25 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I don't go to bars where people are getting sh** faced and throwing them selves at other people. I go to places like the link I posted above. People go to taste different beers. That is done in very small glasses. No one is hooking up, or slurring, or getting rowdy. Yet, it could be considered a "bar" though a better name would be "tasting room." These are usually located in family friendly suburbs or tourist towns where families vacation.

I'm beginning to wonder where some of you hang out.
Heyyy, it's funnnnn there, you should try ... but leave the kids home!!

Old 02-21-2014, 01:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
in case you all missed it, I did clarify what i meant by bar
(it was too late to edit my OP)

NOT:
Chili's Bar & Grill
Applebee's
Champions Sports Bar at the Hilton
a shopping mall bar like Chelsea Street Pub
an "ice house"
a tasting room
a microbrewery
a restaurant that serves beer with a playground that is obviously "family friendly"

I'm talking about an actual bar, where loud or live music is played, people are drinking, smoking (patio of course), and likely using foul language

The kind of place that doesn't open until 4 pm and stays open til 2 am
It would have been oh so kind of you to include that when you posted the first time. Then, no, toddlers don't belong in that kind of bar. Is this even a question that needed to be asked?

Old 02-21-2014, 02:07 PM

519 posts, read 776,682 times
You sure sound grouchie Kibbiekat.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:44 PM

4 posts, read 5,916 times
Default I agree riaelise

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm a parent, and I wouldn't want to see kids in bars during night-time hours. I really don't of many true BARS (vs. restaurants that serve alchohol) that would allow kids. I'm kind of old school in that there's a time and place for kids and there should be some places that are adults only. A place where there is drinking and potential foul language isn't appropriate for my kids.
There are those among us that must do the type of work,that others would prefer not to have to do.
These people, both men and women involved in police, fire, and EMS sometimes [ but not always] like to stop by when they get off duty and come down off the sights and sound of what they were involved in, not only that night but many nights over sometimes years.
The last thing He or She wants or needs to hear is someone's 4 or 5 year old crying,running amuck in the place, or having the parent misuse or mentally or physically abuse the kid in the bar. Its bad enough for the average person to have to deal with this type of activity from the child and or parent but, just for a moment put yourself in the shoes of someone who just left the scene of a fatal accident, a murder or misuse of a child. All these folks want is to make if go away...if only for a little while. The unwanted stress, under these circumstance caused by children in bars is not a healthy environment for anyone involved the child included. Now don't misunderstand what I'm saying. Not every bar that has children in it is goings to have these problems. And not every bar will have someone under such heavy stress. I have been in bars that have gone both ways on different nights.
But to answer the original question...children in bar.....my felling is no. No children...less trouble

Old 02-21-2014, 02:54 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
I don't think toddlers belong in opium dens. Please agree with me.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
I don't think toddlers belong in opium dens. Please agree with me.
There are opium dens?

Old 02-21-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
It would have been oh so kind of you to include that when you posted the first time. Then, no, toddlers don't belong in that kind of bar. Is this even a question that needed to be asked?
I don't consider the list of exclusions real bars.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:07 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
There are opium dens?
There were until parents started bringing kids to them and ruining the fun for the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships