Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,508 times

Advertisements

I just moved into my new apartment 2 weeks ago. The first week I moved in, two male neighbors were talking, so I went inside my apartment. I then heard one of them say, "I don't like her a$$!" The other just laughed. The next day when I came home, I heard my neighbor slam his door, then he asked someone, "That b**ch just came home, huh?"

I'm 27, these men look 30ish. The one who makes negative remarks about me is married, he's really friendly to everyone else (he even says hi to my family when they visit me). I don't know if the other one is married, but he does speak to me, offers help when possible and looks at me a lot.

What makes you dislike a woman who hasn't done anything to you? Oh, and the other day, the married one walked out of his apartment before I did, then he stood there watching me lock my door. He walked to his car and waited until I came back from checking the mail, then he pulled out after me. (This is the first time we left at the same time, but I've seen him coming and going - he normally leaves out in a different direction, so it seemed as if he waited on purpose, then followed me until I left the complex.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 07:07 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaMelissa View Post
I just moved into my new apartment 2 weeks ago. The first week I moved in, two male neighbors were talking, so I went inside my apartment. I then heard one of them say, "I don't like her a$$!" The other just laughed. The next day when I came home, I heard my neighbor slam his door, then he asked someone, "That b**ch just came home, huh?"

I'm 27, these men look 30ish. The one who makes negative remarks about me is married, he's really friendly to everyone else (he even says hi to my family when they visit me). I don't know if the other one is married, but he does speak to me, offers help when possible and looks at me a lot.

What makes you dislike a woman who hasn't done anything to you? Oh, and the other day, the married one walked out of his apartment before I did, then he stood there watching me lock my door. He walked to his car and waited until I came back from checking the mail, then he pulled out after me. (This is the first time we left at the same time, but I've seen him coming and going - he normally leaves out in a different direction, so it seemed as if he waited on purpose, then followed me until I left the complex.)
i dont think they dislike you, at all..

sometimes guys get pretty sexist when they dont think they have a chance in hell with you,,,so , when feeling inferior,,theyd rather put you down than look at themselves in the mirror..

dont let it bother you,,,, they'd be humping your leg if they thought it was acceptable

if he looks at you alot, and follows you,,,he likes what he sees..

jerry seinfeld,,,had a skit,,,why do men catcall, and beep their horns at women??
thats all we got - its not like we can go up and talk to them "

Old 02-25-2014, 07:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,837,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

sometimes guys get pretty sexist when they dont think they have a chance in hell with you,,,so , when feeling inferior,,theyd rather put you down than look at themselves in the mirror..

dont let it bother you,,,, they'd be humping your leg if they thought it was acceptable

jerry seinfeld,,,had a skit,,,why do men catcall, and beep their horns at women??

I agree with mbm, OP. I think they probably think you're out of their league, and, if anything, are trying to get you to notice them (particularly the dude in the car).

And when one of them referred to you as "that b***h"? They're like 3rd grade boys who will be mean to the girls they're crushing on. He wanted you to hear that.

Just keep pretending that you haven't noticed or heard a thing...

Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 PM

414 posts, read 533,890 times
To answer your question: The only negative is a woman who smokes. Not sure why so many are smokers. To play along with your story you should be on the phone with someone while you are going in and out to get the mail or going to your car. Your "neighbors" seem a little suspect. Not sure how or why you are listening thru a closed door?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,508 times
Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

Old 02-25-2014, 08:36 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbuilder View Post
Not sure how or why you are listening thru a closed door?
I've lived in apartments where sound carried through doors or walls...the ones with a hallway that goes through the middle of the building (instead of doors being on the outside of the building) seem to be the worst for sound carrying.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 PM

414 posts, read 533,890 times
If the walls are that thin then perhaps the walls are not hiding the sounds of passion and those sounds are getting the attention of male neighbors? In that case a married guy would be jealous and the single guy is being nice hoping to make his move.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:58 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I've lived in apartments where sound carried through doors or walls...the ones with a hallway that goes through the middle of the building (instead of doors being on the outside of the building) seem to be the worst for sound carrying.
...ive also lived in apartment buildings with thin walls,,,,talk about bat-shyt crazy people..

its a strange strange world we live in...

Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,450,813 times
This thread reminds me of a funny story from my apartment living days. I had a male med student (Korean looking about 6') living across the hall. He had a nice looking girlfriend (natural girl next door type blonde- well apportioned )that I'd see him with on occasion in elevator or in passing in hall etc... (and I'd hear them talking as well as other things through the flimsy doors ).

Fast forward a few months, it is early February. As I ride the elevator up I notice a very good looking brunette who I had never seen before. She gets off same floor and also goes to his unit.

Later the next weekend, when girlfriend (1) is over I hear the shout down break up. Her rage in saying this phrase still rings in my ear through two doors "How could you do that to me! YOU CHEATED ON ME RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE! You'll NEVER see ME again! Proceeded by a door slam. (Good for her)

I was thinking - what a way to celebrate Valentine's Day!

I also echo MBM's thoughts. Your male neighbors are juvenile minds trying to get your attention. Do beware of your surroundings for safety purposes.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:29 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times
I have to know someone to dislike them. Sounds like your neighbors are a couple of immature frat boy types. Ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships