Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:26 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,363,100 times

Advertisements

i would love to be kept out of the loop, that way when the project failed or lost money, hey not my fault, y'all kept me out.

just think, by being kept out, you have no responsibility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 PM

21,076 posts, read 19,579,298 times
Change your expectations. You are expecting to work among perfect people, but people are not perfect. Maybe you could give more specific examples so we could give specific advice?

As for not having the correct password: what is your company's policy for notifying employees about a password change? Was this policy followed? If not, how can you ensure it is followed in the future? If there is no policy, suggest one or institute one if you can.

Problem --> Solution

instead of:

Problem --> Frustration

Old 03-20-2014, 12:10 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,858,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I just want to work. I am just not interested in back-stabbing, drama, being irresponsible, etc., etc. That doesn't seem like too much to ask.
It is for those that like to bring all that toxicity into the workplace. They will do anything and everything to try to drag those of us uninterested in office politics into their games. It's very, very draining and you sound like you're burnt out. Maybe it's time for a vacation or a peek at what else is available in your field. The job market is tight, but there is no point in compromising your mental and physical health in a job that is clearly draining you.

All the best to you.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:58 AM

18,762 posts, read 11,755,546 times
You're not alone, I think it exists everywhere. I've been frustrated by the idiot factor where I work as well. The key to surviving is do something to fix it. Even if it's seems small and insignificant. Pay checks are always nice too aren't they.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:11 AM
RVT

367 posts, read 769,565 times
A system that locks everyone out when one person uses an incorrect password strikes me as a **** poor designed system. Good luck.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:18 AM

12,053 posts, read 10,224,090 times
Quote:
THAT was up-lifting. Should I have stood there and bitched rather than extract myself and take a walk?

They kept me out of the loop with a pass word needed to do my JOB. So, then because I was using the old password, the system locked EVERYONE out. Yeah, THAT makes everyone's job better and easier - oh, and more efficient.
Was anyone killed or could have died because the system was locked?

Don't worry. Relax. Yes, you could have stood there and asked, " hey, is there a way we can prevent this from happening again". Did I miss the memo?

And honestly, maybe some of your co-workers enjoy seeing your reactions and could have done this on purpose. If possible, don't give them the satisfaction.

If this type of thing has happened before and you can afford to, quit and find another job.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,116,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i would love to be kept out of the loop, that way when the project failed or lost money, hey not my fault, y'all kept me out.

just think, by being kept out, you have no responsibility
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Japan is kicking our ass.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:00 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,051,555 times
I'm sorry but...you had to go home because you weren't notified of a password change? I think you need some anger management.

We all have our bad days, and there have been times in which I wasn't informed of something important, but it was due to human error and it happens.

Working out helps, if you don't already. Or therapy.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM

4,001 posts, read 4,087,564 times

Old 03-20-2014, 10:17 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,895,223 times
Quote:
There are days - too many of them - when I wish I had an inflatable slide.
I just want to say, this is probably the BEST metaphor I've seen in a very long while.

It does sound like you had a panic attack or are just reaching the breaking point. Keep your job and start interviewing elsewhere! (My trick is to tell myself "stupid people make me smile!" and then when someone is just about to push me to edge, thinking of that statement almost makes me laugh. And you have to laugh. If you're not reading biopsies or giving people their chemotherapy, it's just a bunch of corporate BS nonsense...)

Check out the Work forum - lots of people to vent and give advice there too. You can get a bit more detailed and get some good advice there.

I hear ya, bud... hang in there for now. It can't last forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships