Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 03:49 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,865,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
I want to be friends but no sex, for sure. If he goes down the "kissing, touching" route, I'll just drop him and his so-called friendship.
Please be careful playing that game. It can turn ugly very quickly and you may not be in a position to say "no."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 04:35 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
In your opening post you stated the two of you cannot get your hands of each other. Making out is sex, unless you only call sex intercourse.

This sounds like one of those story likes: "I don't know how it happened, but we ended up in bed, I never planned to do that."
"I decided to spend the night at his place so we could cuddle in bed in our underwear and watch movies. I can't believe he tried to have sex with me, what a pig!"

Old 03-23-2014, 04:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
"i decided to spend the night at his place so we could cuddle in bed in our underwear and watch movies. I can't believe he tried to have sex with me, what a pig!"

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Old 03-23-2014, 04:49 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
"I decided to spend the night at his place so we could cuddle in bed in our underwear and watch movies. I can't believe he tried to have sex with me, what a pig!"

It sure won't be like this. I'm not dumb enough to put myself in such position.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:59 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
so hang on what's the question again?

How can we be friends when we have ONE WAY sexual attraction (you to him) and ZERO emotional connection?

You cant. Why would you even want to.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

How can we be friends when we have ONE WAY sexual attraction (you to him) and ZERO emotional connection?

You didn't read my post properly because if you did, you would have gathered the sexual attraction is mutual. Probably more him than me.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:09 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

That's not the situation at all. There is a huge amount of sexual attraction going both ways, zero emotional connection, he wants an FWB, and she wants to be "just friends" (whatever that means). Good luck with that

Old 03-23-2014, 05:51 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Maybe I'm dumb

The fact that you have fun with him - isn't that a type of emotional connection? Friendship builds over time. You never know.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
The fact that you have fun with him - isn't that a type of emotional connection? Friendship builds over time. You never know.
Well, we definitely had fun but more in a siblings/friends kind of way (teasing each other, sharing childhood memories, silly inside jokes ...). Our dates lasted 8 to 9 hours each time (zero sex only convos and making out).

It's just he and I don't have the same vision about love and I feel as though that's the reason why it didn't go any further. We talked about our respective visions on love and it caused our connection to crumble I think. He's claims he's idealistic as he believes in perfect love and happily ever after, and complained I was too "jaded" because I don't believe in happily ever after and "perfect" love. He also kept reminding me of the fact I have never been in love and made it sound bad (we shared our "relationship" records on date one ... which he initiated). We just don't have a "romantic" connection.

The truth of the matter is, he brought the "love" subject on date #3 and truthfully, I just didn't feel comfortable talking about it so early on. I was holding back and concealed my real opinion because there's no point in appearing vulnerable early on. We're just getting to know each other. It just kept going south afterwards.

I feel as though we rushed things way too soon because we undoubtedly had an amazing connection from before date 1. The rush caused the situation to crumble and fall. I mean we shared our relationship records, heartbreaks, family stories, political/religious/values views (which matched) on date 1 on top of talking about our vision on marriage and heavy making out/sexual attraction. We definitely went way too fast.

That's why, we'd be better off as friends.

Last edited by LostinPhilly; 03-23-2014 at 06:32 PM..

Old 03-23-2014, 07:38 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
You didn't read my post properly because if you did, you would have gathered the sexual attraction is mutual. Probably more him than me.
And you think that is a biggy. He is more attracted than you. Does that validate you? Does that mean you have something special over him?

Lets me sincere here. If this guy wanted to date you properly you would be all over him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships