U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 03:44 PM

1,746 posts, read 1,272,077 times

Advertisements

So I met this guy last year, we went on a couple of dates last year and in February/March of this year. However, he started ignoring me afterwards. Fast forward, he now just contacted me and told me he wants to be friends (just friends).

We both acknowledged we have no emotional connection but we had a lot of fun when we hung out. The thing is despite the fact that we have zero emotional connection, we have insane physical chemistry. Back when we would go on dates, we just couldn't keep away from one another. We were all over each other and would have steamy make out sessions that could have turned into sex if we weren't in public. When we were going on dates, he admitted multiple times he was insanely attracted to me and thinks I'm "just so damn hot" (his exact words).

To sum this up, we have a mental and a physical connection, but no emotional attraction.

I wanna be friends with him because he's cool but I'm not sure how we're going to make this work considering the fact we had acknowledged we're very attracted to one another? We have zero emotional connection though. How to make it work?

*We've never had sex

Last edited by LostinPhilly; 03-22-2014 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 03:49 PM

16,735 posts, read 14,404,540 times
He wants a F-buddy. If you don't want that, better walk way.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:51 PM

179 posts, read 186,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yea, that's pretty much what I got out of this as well, especially after you mentioned how much you guys couldn't keep your hands off of each other. He probably remembered you in a physical way and is trying to get back in on some of that action, albeit casually.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:52 PM

35,121 posts, read 39,943,702 times
I doubt he wants to be friends at all, he wants someone to call for casual sex when he can't find anyone else.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:59 PM

30,493 posts, read 33,295,986 times
Yup, fbuddy. You can't just decide to be friends with someone either.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:02 PM

1,746 posts, read 1,272,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yup, fbuddy. You can't just decide to be friends with someone either.
Well, he gave me a bunch of reasons such as he doesn't have a lot of friends in this town, we had fun yadi yada.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:36 PM

42,590 posts, read 41,308,371 times
Doesn't matter what his reasons are.

YOUR reasons should be telling you he is NOT a friend.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:02 PM

679 posts, read 1,550,198 times
This sounds like exactly what I think of a "friends with benefits" relationship is supposed to me. Friends, benefit, no emotional committment. If you are interested in sex without the committment, you have the perfect opportunity here.

Most people tend to forget the importance of being friends in a relationship like you. I consider you very lucky to find someone you connect so well with in a physical and mental way.

If you aren't interested in sex with him, you should probably walk away.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 PM

9,435 posts, read 6,653,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
So I met this guy last year, we went on a couple of dates last year and in February/March of this year. However, he started ignoring me afterwards. Fast forward, he now just contacted me and told me he wants to be friends (just friends).

We both acknowledged we have no emotional connection but we had a lot of fun when we hung out. The thing is despite the fact that we have zero emotional connection, we have insane physical chemistry. Back when we would go on dates, we just couldn't keep away from one another. We were all over each other and would have steamy make out sessions that could have turned into sex if we weren't in public. When we were going on dates, he admitted multiple times he was insanely attracted to me and thinks I'm "just so damn hot" (his exact words).

To sum this up, we have a mental and a physical connection, but no emotional attraction.

I wanna be friends with him because he's cool but I'm not sure how we're going to make this work considering the fact we had acknowledged we're very attracted to one another? We have zero emotional connection though. How to make it work?

*We've never had sex
He wants a friend with benefits, which is the polite term for a girl that would put out when he is horny.

Once you have sex a few times you will become emotionally attached. This is how it is for a lot of women. Are you out of options? Are you an older woman? Why pay attention to this guy?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:22 PM

17,632 posts, read 11,050,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yep, if you get tired of this guy, let me know, I need a deal like that.

Seriously though, you are being used unless you like it this way. Your call.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or