Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find the opposite sex less interesting than your own sex?
yes 19 31.15%
no 32 52.46%
only if I'm not involved romanticaly with them 4 6.56%
it depends on the age group 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times

Advertisements

Last night I overheard a conversation between 2 middle aged men talking about how uninteresting they feel most women are. One of the guys sounded like he was sorta joking, but the other guy was dead serious. He went on about how if you took sex out of the equation he wouldn't talk to any woman but his mother. Obviously this guy was bitter about something, but this isn't the first time I've heard a guy say that exact line. I can even say that several of my friends say that communicating with their wives about anything that interests them is like pulling teeth. If so many men feel like this, than you would have to think that lots of women find men incredibly uninteresting too.

Do you find the opposite sex less interesting than your own sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 12:00 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Do you find the opposite sex less interesting than your own sex?
No, of course not. If anything, I might actually have a preference for the opposite sex. I myself am currently a biological male, but I honestly wouldn't mind eventually getting a sex change and functioning as a female part-time (but not all of the time; I still want to have a female body all of the time, though). In addition, I find female tastes in things such as fashion to be great--I mean, wearing a black suit and a tie sometimes is nice, but sometimes it's also just as nice to put on a dress, some lipstick, some boots, earrings, and/or et cetera.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:01 PM

Hopefully I understood your question here correctly.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:18 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Hopefully I understood your question here correctly.
My question is in regards to personal interests and communication.
I would say that if you find things like fashion interesting, than you obviously would find women interesting; however, you don't fit into the norm as well. I'm more referring to strait men and women. I'm sure my flamboyantly gay brother in-law and his BF would be bored to death talking about bass fishing or college football with me.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:20 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I don't see any difference along a clear gender line. Some people are interesting and some are not.

I don't think a woman whose only interest is on-line shopping and the latest soap opera is much fun to hang out with. But I don't like spending time with a man who can only talk about his golf game and nothing else, either.

Someone who likes shopping might find that woman a great companion, and of course, another golfer might love to be buddies with the golf guy.

The entire opposite sex uninteresting? I suspect that there are some sort of personality flaws in people who believe that.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:25 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Dammit! The title of your thread is the exact opposite of the question in your poll! I meant to post no, but posted yes.

People! Please proofread!

Old 03-29-2014, 12:29 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
As long as we are on this topic, maybe the men here would like to explain to me why some men marry women that they think are boring and that they can't stand to try to talk with. That seems such an odd choice for a spouse.

Last edited by oregonwoodsmoke; 03-29-2014 at 12:48 PM..

Old 03-29-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I'm more referring to strait men and women.
I am currently a straight (or perhaps a 99% straight) biological male, though.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:46 PM

256 posts, read 342,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
As long as we are on this topic, maybe the men here would like to explain to me why some men marry women that they think are boring and that they can't stand to try to talk with That seems such an odd choice for a spouse.
This!! I see and hear about this all the time, but you have to question why the woman would say yes to a man who they couldn't talk to too.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:47 PM

45 posts, read 79,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
As long as we are on this topic, maybe the men here would like to explain to me why some men marry women that they think are boring and that they can't stand to try to talk with That seems such an odd choice for a spouse.
maybe those folks marry more for looks-attraction and unfortunately that stuff wears off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships