Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 06:04 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,447 times

Advertisements

This is sort of in conjunction with an earlier thread (Big Issues With Mother). Basically, my parents and I were having a family dinner, so I was sitting on the couch watching the Final Four, minding my own business. My mother walks into the room, randomly, and starts BERATING me without provocation, cursing me out, and telling me how my life could go down the drain if I go down the wrong path. I must have told her five times before, I DON"T SMOKE MARIJUANA! but she won't listen and continues to berate me for it (honestly, I have never smoked weed in my life). I was asking her why she won't just believe me and listen to me, when out of nowhere she goes PSYCHO and tells me I ruined her life before storming upstairs.

She always curses me out, and my relationship with my mother has completely gone down the drain. She always calls me immature, but I truly feel like cursing your kid out is as immature as it gets. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't move out of town for another year-and-a-half, so I'm going to have to deal with her A LOT! I just feel like telling your son that and cursing your child out is way too far and that she has crossed a line I don't know if she will ever be able to get back across.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
This is sort of in conjunction with an earlier thread (Big Issues With Mother). Basically, my parents and I were having a family dinner, so I was sitting on the couch watching the Final Four, minding my own business. My mother walks into the room, randomly, and starts BERATING me without provocation, cursing me out, and telling me how my life could go down the drain if I go down the wrong path. I must have told her five times before, I DON"T SMOKE MARIJUANA! but she won't listen and continues to berate me for it (honestly, I have never smoked weed in my life). I was asking her why she won't just believe me and listen to me, when out of nowhere she goes PSYCHO and tells me I ruined her life before storming upstairs.

She always curses me out, and my relationship with my mother has completely gone down the drain. She always calls me immature, but I truly feel like cursing your kid out is as immature as it gets. I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't move out of town for another year-and-a-half, so I'm going to have to deal with her A LOT! I just feel like telling your son that and cursing your child out is way too far and that she has crossed a line I don't know if she will ever be able to get back across.
A lot of inconsistencies here. You were having a family dinner but you were sitting on the couch watching the Final Four? She starts telling you your life could go down the drain without mentioning marijuana and then you say it was about marijuana?

I agree that she shouldn't be cursing you out, but I think there's a lot here you're not mentioning. How old are you?

Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I agree that she shouldn't be cursing you out, but I think there's a lot here you're not mentioning. How old are you?
Quote:
I do not reveal my age on the internet, even one like this. But, I will say that I am living at home right now, and in part because I don't have a lot of money, I cannot move for a few years.
He conveniently won't tell anyone how old he is

In my opinion if you're over the age of 18 and you don't like what your parents say, move out. There is no reason whatsoever for staying with dysfunctional people.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
A lot of inconsistencies here. You were having a family dinner but you were sitting on the couch watching the Final Four? She starts telling you your life could go down the drain without mentioning marijuana and then you say it was about marijuana?

It wasn't a dinner so much as a watch-final-four-hangout. The family was hanging out in parents living room before the dinner arrived when my mother came in and started to blast me about my life. She did mention marijuana, even though I've never smoked marijuana in my life. While I won't give out my exact age for security reasons, I will say that I'm in that late teens-early twenties time where the parent is trying to grasp onto that last bit of control she has on you.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:23 PM

I've been a member of these forums a very long time, so unless I decided to become a member of this forum when I was like ten, I can't be that young.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
I've been a member of these forums a very long time, so unless I decided to become a member of this forum when I was like ten, I can't be that young.
Then put on your big boy pants and move out.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
It wasn't a dinner so much as a watch-final-four-hangout. The family was hanging out in parents living room before the dinner arrived when my mother came in and started to blast me about my life. She did mention marijuana, even though I've never smoked marijuana in my life. While I won't give out my exact age for security reasons, I will say that I'm in that late teens-early twenties time where the parent is trying to grasp onto that last bit of control she has on you.
I'm 68!............Wait for it............Dang! Lightening didn't strike. No home invasion just occurred. No flash mob is down the street heading my way. My wife didn't just announce she's leaving me. None of my bank accounts appear compromised and I just checked and sure enough, neither my computer nor my identity have been hacked. What a disappointment.

Do you get the point? Your posts bespeak of a degree of paranoia and at the age you say you are, if your mother is that unstable, as described by you, then as Djuna said, it's time for you to go.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:55 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
You have your name in your username, David. It seems odd you won't mention your age given that.

Anyway, you say she started to "blast you about your life." What exactly are you doing with your life? What are your plans?

If she literally started beating you, that's assault (or battery in some states). But, if you're living in her home, I don't think you want to press charges.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:47 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
David! Come up from the basement! Your dinner is ready and stop writing stupid **** about me on the internet!!!

Old 04-05-2014, 09:52 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
So save up and move out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships