U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 AM

45 posts, read 48,508 times

Advertisements

How many of you actually sit on public toilet seats? Seems like it must be one of the worst places for germs on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 09:48 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,642,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010Guy View Post
How many of you actually sit on public toilet seats? Seems like it must be one of the worst places for germs on the planet.
I sure as heck don't. Make myself a little tissue throne from which to rule and do my pees and poops and whatnot. The thought of my skin touching a public toilet seat gives me the plague. In public restrooms, I am a ninja. My feet are my hands and tissue/paper towel are my body or something like that.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:55 AM

8,574 posts, read 8,486,380 times
was he in the Navy? you know they teach you how not to pee on yourself there....and his mom probably taught him to wash his weenie so what's your problem?t

Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM

469 posts, read 550,666 times
[quote=Larry Caldwell;34279412]Most supermarkets around here provide sanitizing wipes next to the carts. I hate to touch the things, particularly if someone has put their filthy little kid in them. End quote.

Yep, I agree. I never took my daughter out in just a diaper even it was a quick trip to the store--diaper, plastic pants and a top of some kind (and I live in the deep South). Since they have started having sanitizing wipes at the entrance, I wipe down the handle of the grocery cart as well as the seat and take special care with the seat--have gotten some funny looks, from both other customers and associates--I don't care!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 AM

5,599 posts, read 4,898,698 times
[quote=lizzyst;34291277]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Most supermarkets around here provide sanitizing wipes next to the carts. I hate to touch the things, particularly if someone has put their filthy little kid in them. End quote.

Yep, I agree. I never took my daughter out in just a diaper even it was a quick trip to the store--diaper, plastic pants and a top of some kind (and I live in the deep South). Since they have started having sanitizing wipes at the entrance, I wipe down the handle of the grocery cart as well as the seat and take special care with the seat--have gotten some funny looks, from both other customers and associates--I don't care!
I do that too, since that's where my purse goes when shopping. Ideally, they have a wastebasket nearby to throw the wipe away. I have been in stores where there's wipes available but no wastebasket to be found, except outside! The last thing I want to be carrying around is that germy used wipe.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:45 AM

19,628 posts, read 19,743,456 times
I have to guess some people just live in fear of germs. Either that or they don't really think about where germs may really be.
Some things have been mentioned already.
The average dollar bill changes hands 650 times in it's average life. Time to start wearing gloves?
Oh...you only use your credit card? How many people might have picked up that stylus to sign before you?
Must be your the ones that leaves that quarter on the ground when you saw it by your door when you were getting in to grab that germ laden filthy steering wheel?

A new report from researchers at Queen Mary University in London reveals car steering wheels are nine times more dirty than public toilet seats.
Your car's steering wheel is actually dirtier than a public toilet seat | DVICE

How about the one up there^^^ that said don't wear your shoes in the house?
If you're outside and the wind is blowing, ya' know you're breathing that top layer you got on your shoes?

Fercrissake, relax people...you'll never avoid it all. Germs are everywhere and on everything. Why get paranoid over the few things you think are the worst?

Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,390,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Are you calling the baby filth?
really? do you always leap to such ridiculous conclusions?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:17 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,578,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Only after peeing though. He raises the toilet seat with his hands (if it's down), pees, but doesn't wash.

Afterwards, he would open the fridge, touch food (that we'd later put our hands onto), amongst other things. I'm concerned that a grown man would this.

LOL, welcome to the real world. I think you would be shocked to know how common that is.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM

15,474 posts, read 17,617,860 times
In my family we have developed a sophisticated way of dealing with this very problem.

When someone comes out of the bathroom and it is noticed that they did not wash their hands, the one who notices asks, "Did you wash your hands?" If the offender did not, he or she washes his or her hands. Eventually, a habit is formed; if not because it is sensible to wash one's hands, then because they eventually grow tired of the shame of being called out. And it works on adults as well as children.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:49 PM

26,310 posts, read 24,389,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Only after peeing though. He raises the toilet seat with his hands (if it's down), pees, but doesn't wash.

Afterwards, he would open the fridge, touch food (that we'd later put our hands onto), amongst other things. I'm concerned that a grown man would this.
HAH, I don't believe you realize, just how many men do this.....
we were discussing this at work and we had a man chime in and tell us a whole lot of men do not wash their hands, disgusting!!! I'm washing my hands all the time...

That is why I never eat stuff that other people bring in to work, you never know? ewwwwww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or