Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 12:10 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,939,609 times

Advertisements

Only after peeing though. He raises the toilet seat with his hands (if it's down), pees, but doesn't wash.

Afterwards, he would open the fridge, touch food (that we'd later put our hands onto), amongst other things. I'm concerned that a grown man would this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 12:14 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
How exactly do you know your Father's exact bathroom usage and hygiene habits? Do you watch him every time he goes into the bathroom?
If you answer yes, you should be more concerned as to why you are able to watch your Father use the bathroom and why you would want to watch your Father use the bathroom.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:18 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Many mammals mark their territory by urination.

Old 04-06-2014, 12:37 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,939,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How exactly do you know your Father's exact bathroom usage and hygiene habits? Do you watch him every time he goes into the bathroom?
If you answer yes, you should be more concerned as to why you are able to watch your Father use the bathroom and why you would want to watch your Father use the bathroom.
Yes, I am very incestuous and I need help.

Don't be so obtuse. Just because I wasn't specific doesn't mean you should jump into disgusting conclusions.

The guy pees with the door open (besides, our family is open when it comes to nudity and such - I've seen them all nude). Anyway, the toilet is in the middle of the house - I've caught him raising the toilet seat with his hands a couple of times. After when I hear peeing sounds, he comes out right away and goes to kitchen (no sound of running tap which would indicate hand washing - we're not that stupid, we are aware of the acoustics of our home).

Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
must be an old man thing...

i've observed old guys not washing their hands in public restrooms

i suppose there needs to be the possibilty of fecal matter on the hand vs urine to prompt handwashing?

Old 04-06-2014, 01:46 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Perhaps you could shock him into better behavior with a couple of straight forward comments. "Dad, I don't appreciate you touching the food after you've been touching your ...."? Buy a big bottle of hand sanitizer and TELL him you bought it just for him to use after he pees because you find the thought of his dirty hands touching your food to be unappetizing (to say the least)?

Old 04-06-2014, 01:47 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Just tell him, "Dad, man, wash yer friggin' hands after you pee!"

Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Funny that so many are concerned about this but so many .....and I'll bet a lot of the same people.....have no compunction about oral sex.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:26 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,669,527 times
I've noticed, while having a unit above mine being the same layout, that neighbors (consistently guys), would flush and then (hearing footsteps) walk right past the vanity area, apparently not stopping to wash hands. Eek. (I've noticed women in public restrooms also bypass the sink, sometimes). I think it depends upon if parents do so and set examples for others early on.

I know not all men must do this, but I'm wondering how common this is with males (or females) and how does this affect others when working or having one handle your groceries, serve food, etc.? (Though, we will see signs that say they "require employees to wash hands" - who knows if they do so?)

Last edited by In2itive_1; 04-06-2014 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-06-2014, 05:43 AM

1,136 posts, read 941,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Funny that so many are concerned about this but so many .....and I'll bet a lot of the same people.....have no compunction about oral sex.
Good point. Or shooting their bodily fluids all over the place. (Even family sitcoms regularly joke about this.)

As far as handling the toilet seat, stop worrying so much about it. Your father has presumably done this all of YOUR life and nothing has happened to you. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but every time you flush your toilet, all of the contaminated water sprays in a fine mist all over the place, including your toothbrush. When "scientists" discovered this, it immediately caused a wave of concern. Guess what? Nobody has ever gotten sick from brushing their teeth with toilet water.

By the way, if you're a woman (and I'd bet you are), your purse or handbag is dirtier than a toilet seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships