Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 10:03 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times

Advertisements

Lose my temper, that is.
I was out somewhere and guess who I run into after all these months? The crazy widowed ex-friend! (Many here know who I mean). Now, I'm in a steady relationship, as is she. But goes on to say, "Now that you're with her (my S/O) you've all but ignored us!" I'm thinking, "Who the hell is 'us'?" I guess meaning her and her hangout people. I hadn't spoken to or even heard from her in months. So I lost it and said, "You know, I realized who are my real friends I can count on and the ones who spew Moderator cut: bleep but won't be there....Where the Moderator cut: bleep were YOU when I was hospitalized? Or when I was in therapy? Or when times were questionable? Take your goddamn fake-ass friendship and go to hell!"

This may not be relevant, but I retired from my job four months ago and have moved on, from both a professional and personal standpoint. I've had a small health issue (nothing too serious, thankfully), but I saw who rallied around me during that difficult time - and I don't remember this person being one of them!

Last edited by june 7th; 03-24-2018 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times
Beelzebub called. He said, "Hey pal, leave me out of it."

Old 03-24-2018, 07:30 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
LOL. You felt it necessary to blast someone for an innocent comment meant to let you know she missed your company. Therapy doesn't seem to be working.

Lashing out... Bet your girlfriend loves that aspect of your relationship.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:43 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
LOL. You felt it necessary to blast someone for an innocent comment meant to let you know she missed your company. Therapy doesn't seem to be working.

She loves that I speak my mind and don't take s**t from anyone.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:57 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Sounds like you won't be getting a Christmas card from her.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:47 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

He was lashing out at someone who couldn’t be bothered to check in on him while he was having a life challenge who tried to come back like nothing happened. I completely understand why the OP curved her.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:27 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
He was lashing out at someone who couldn’t be bothered to check in on him while he was having a life challenge who tried to come back like nothing happened. I completely understand why the OP curved her.
This sums it up tidily.

Congrats on moving into a new stage of life, OP. I hope you're enjoying all aspects of your "moving on".

Old 03-24-2018, 12:10 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
OP, I understand why you lost your temper at that girl. What I don't understand is why you feel a need to boast here about what you said to her and how you said it. Are you looking for an attaboy commendation and a pat on the back for losing your temper and for having a gutter mouth? I don't think either one of those traits is commendable.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Thinking further on this, it occurs to me, that if you harbor some resentment toward your former friend, it might be best to air your grievances more calmly, to clear the air. "I'm sorry I blew up at you, X, but I was really disappointed when you didn't show any support for me in Y and Z situations, as I thought we were still friends at the time."

Whatever. Now I'm curious as to how she responded. Those were fair questions, though you might have overwhelmed her with your angry tone.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:02 PM

173 posts, read 111,465 times
Rick, you knew what she may have needed. That would make you both happy, and you would not lash out, but would regret your unfaithfulness to you S/O. Devil does it, makes us do things. Your venting is normal, and your anger will diminish. Hope your health keeps at check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships