U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:23 AM

1,212 posts, read 1,861,875 times

Advertisements

1. Talk to myself out loud
2. Interrupt others before they're done talking I do work with some people who can talk endlessly until they are interrupted so perhaps it's not such a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 11:33 AM

44,737 posts, read 36,145,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
No I wasn't.

I was asking people to name things that other people do that annoys them.

For instance, most of the things that people have listed as annoying things they do don't seem bad to me at all.

But the whistling, something that someone listed that someone else does as annoying, that one I can see.

People misunderstood my question.
Well, to be fair, that's understandable, since your lead line is "Annoying things that YOU do."

Poor communication skills are annoying to most people, and so that's one thing you can claim! Congrats!

Another annoying thing that I do is debate uselessly online. Drives my husband crazy, especially when he asks, "Wow, what are you typing so furiously about over there?" and I tell him, "I'm arguing with someone I've never met, about library etiquette." He just rolls his eyes and sighs.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:39 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,058,374 times
I don't wear coats or other winter attire.
I talk to myself.
I'm passive aggressive to people that **** me off.
I only do the bare bones at work when it comes to putting in time.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:47 AM

6,306 posts, read 5,051,434 times
Always asking questions because I want to find out why people do the things they do. Sort of psycho analyzing them. Most do not appreciate it. Then I think, hey they are starting to think about why they act the way they do, otherwise it wouldn't bother them.

So, my job is done!

Old 04-13-2014, 11:49 AM

13,677 posts, read 13,587,189 times
I chew my nails and cuticles. I have a tendency to let my eyes wander during conversations - it's rude, but it's how I process information. I'm disorganized and messy.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:01 PM

7,378 posts, read 11,548,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, to be fair, that's understandable, since your lead line is "Annoying things that YOU do."

Poor communication skills are annoying to most people, and so that's one thing you can claim! Congrats!

Another annoying thing that I do is debate uselessly online. Drives my husband crazy, especially when he asks, "Wow, what are you typing so furiously about over there?" and I tell him, "I'm arguing with someone I've never met, about library etiquette." He just rolls his eyes and sighs.
Yea, I can tell.

You're really coming after me, even though I haven't said a single thing to you.

But, whatever.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:05 PM

14,378 posts, read 7,918,717 times
I talk about the craziest things while trying to be intimate with John. He says "Yeah I was thinking the same thing." Is it normal to laugh so much during sex?

Old 04-13-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Yea, I can tell.

You're really coming after me, even though I haven't said a single thing to you.

But, whatever.
I'm not "coming after you." What I AM doing is pointing out that your title implies that you're interested in sharing things that individuals do themselves that they realize my irritate other people, but then your OP just gives an example of what OTHER people do that bothers you. You ask others to tell what THEY do personally that may irritate others, but then you give no examples from your own life - and even go so far as to say "How could I personally know what irritates others - wouldn't I stop doing it if I knew it irritated others?"

To which I reply - "Apparently not."

Old 04-13-2014, 12:32 PM

3,173 posts, read 3,075,534 times
I just get really annoyed with people who are annoyed.

I really annoy my husband when I leave cabinet doors open.
Sometimes I do it on purpose, lol, just to get even because I am constantly having to clean up after him.

I have started laughing at people who are annoyed, even myself.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:42 PM

I annoy my husband by pointing out that he's leaving cabinet doors open. I also annoy him by refusing to close the refrigerator door for him when he forgets and the little bell starts going off. I just stand there and call out, "Hey, you left the refrigerator door open again!"

I know I could just close it and the bell would quit going off, but I figure that if I do that, then there's absolutely no reason for him to ever remember to close it. At least if he has to get up from his recliner or come in from another room to close it, that's SOME ramification for him leaving it open! Some inconvenience that may errr, "ring a bell" in his head the next time he gets lazy or forgetful or whatever it is that causes him to leave it open.

I have no idea why he does this, now that I think of it. He's not a lazy person, he's not a sloppy person, and he doesn't have dementia as far as I can tell. I can't for the life of me figure out why he leaves so many doors ajar so often.

But now maybe I think he's trying to irritate ME with it....hmmmmm....two can play that game...but it's sort of pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or