U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2014, 01:32 PM
 
7,385 posts, read 11,560,105 times
Reputation: 8187

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm not "coming after you." What I AM doing is pointing out that your title implies that you're interested in sharing things that individuals do themselves that they realize my irritate other people, but then your OP just gives an example of what OTHER people do that bothers you. You ask others to tell what THEY do personally that may irritate others, but then you give no examples from your own life - and even go so far as to say "How could I personally know what irritates others - wouldn't I stop doing it if I knew it irritated others?"

To which I reply - "Apparently not."
There's lots of things that I do that could possibly annoy people. One off the top of my head is showing up 5 minutes late sometimes. There's many others.

The point of this thread was not for people to list their faults, it was to list other's faults. That's why I didn't list my faults.

I have many faults and I could go on and on, but it wasn't the point of the thread. People mis-interpreted it. It happens. T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2014, 01:35 PM
 
4,881 posts, read 4,854,412 times
Reputation: 7333
The things some people list here are pretty mild and harmless while others would irritate the s*** out of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Simmering in DFW
6,948 posts, read 19,471,584 times
Reputation: 7208
Oh, I missed that point... So let me try again....these are things others do that annoy me

Not responding to emails

Holding cellphone to ear while driving

Not keeping leashes on their dogs while in public places

Failure to use turn signals on their cars when planning on turning

Putting fliers and business cards on my house door or in my mailbox

Putting advertising fliers on my car windshield

Not being prepared for paying at the grocery store line by waiting until all groceries are rung up before looking for checkbook or debit card

Not pulling up properly to gas pump and taking up space for two cars

Answering the phone in the middle of doing a sales transaction with me (the customer) and not being able to complete but stopping to deal with the caller

Letting your child act out at a movie or restaurant for longer than 30 seconds without taking the kid out of everyone's earshot

Not picking up your dog's poo

Using profanity around strangers

Spitting in public


Those are just a few!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 PM
 
7,385 posts, read 11,560,105 times
Reputation: 8187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Oh, I missed that point... So let me try again....these are things others do that annoy me

Not responding to emails

Holding cellphone to ear while driving

Not keeping leashes on their dogs while in public places

Failure to use turn signals on their cars when planning on turning

Putting fliers and business cards on my house door or in my mailbox

Putting advertising fliers on my car windshield

Not being prepared for paying at the grocery store line by waiting until all groceries are rung up before looking for checkbook or debit card

Not pulling up properly to gas pump and taking up space for two cars

Answering the phone in the middle of doing a sales transaction with me (the customer) and not being able to complete but stopping to deal with the caller

Letting your child act out at a movie or restaurant for longer than 30 seconds without taking the kid out of everyone's earshot

Not picking up your dog's poo

Using profanity around strangers

Spitting in public


Those are just a few!
Thank you!

The bolded annoy me too. I can't say I do any of those. I used to be really bad at returning emails, texts and calls until people did it to me a ton. Now, I'm really good at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 21 days ago)
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,503 posts, read 14,330,903 times
Reputation: 23342
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
There's lots of things that I do that could possibly annoy people. One off the top of my head is showing up 5 minutes late sometimes. There's many others.

The point of this thread was not for people to list their faults, it was to list other's faults. That's why I didn't list my faults.

I have many faults and I could go on and on, but it wasn't the point of the thread. People mis-interpreted it. It happens. T
Nah, tons of 'what annoys you' threads out there,too easy to list others faults. More fun to take this thread and twist it and have to think about our own faults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Cary NC
1,049 posts, read 1,437,583 times
Reputation: 2428
Talk too much and too fast
Get distracted and leave tasks half finished
Wash and dry clothes but don't fold them and put them away
Have a mild case of road rage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,842 posts, read 36,203,761 times
Reputation: 63514
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
Talk too much and too fast
Get distracted and leave tasks half finished
Wash and dry clothes but don't fold them and put them away
Have a mild case of road rage
Were we separated at birth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 PM
 
45 posts, read 114,317 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
Talk too much and too fast
Get distracted and leave tasks half finished
Wash and dry clothes but don't fold them and put them away
Have a mild case of road rage
so pretty much anybody with add or adhd. Thats sad. These seem like minor things considering what else i have seen people put.

Last edited by Darkknight01; 04-13-2014 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 07:44 PM
 
2,540 posts, read 3,476,168 times
Reputation: 5570
I talk too fast and don't enunciate well enough, hence people often can't understand me.
I also tend to talk in a high-pitched voice when nervous and talk like a teenager with lots of "um"s, "so"s, and say "like" and "you know" too often. I HATE that about myself especially because it makes me sound immature, unprofessional, and people don't take me seriously. But I don't know how to change that.

I procrastinate a lot. A LOT. And often I'll forget it completely. Which annoys my husband a lot.

Like to discuss some things in unnecessary and long-winded detail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2014, 08:53 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,992 posts, read 32,833,608 times
Reputation: 27525
I sometimes sneeze loudly.

I can sometimes be a special snowflake at restaurants.

I call the cops on people parked in handicapped spaces who don't have a handicapped license plate/rear view mirror hanger.

I don't tip the barista at Starbucks for pouring brewed coffee into a paper cup when I order a tall black coffee with no accoutrements.

I badger my dad for not tipping enough at restaurants when we have a large party and the service was outstanding.

I am one of those people who will park their shopping cart on an empty aisle and shuffle through a handful of coupons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top