U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:27 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,269,017 times

Advertisements

I fart and never apologize for it. As a matter of fact, for each person running away from the blast zone, I start laughing even more! There have been a few times where I have almost puked because of how hard I was laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 09:32 PM

43,362 posts, read 52,257,463 times
I leave cabinet doors open.
Sometimes drawers, too.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:36 PM

43,362 posts, read 52,257,463 times
I micromanage.

I want everyone to get to the point of their story.

I snore.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:26 PM

16,652 posts, read 14,361,944 times
I think this is an awesome thread! I liked it even more when I interpreted the first post as the OP describing the annoying behaviour as if it was from the POV of a stranger who was observing the OP. I thought that was really clever.

Alas.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:55 PM

44,181 posts, read 35,687,076 times
More irritating things I do:

I overanalyze the comments of friends and co workers.

I sneeze about fifteen times in a row (small, ineffective, delicate sneezes) and people always seem alarmed and start this "Oh! Bless yo...BLESS y...BLESS...oh,BLESS YOU...BLESS...OOPS, BLESS YO...B...BLESS YOU..." and the entire time they're doing this I am waving one hand at them trying to get them to shut up so I can just finish my sneizure in peace. Actually, I think that's pretty irritating to everyone involved.

I straighten pictures, chairs, paintings, silverware, vases, whatever...anywhere. Everywhere.

I always have to have something a LITTLE BIT SPECIAL no matter what I order at a restaurant. "I'll have the shrimp scampi with a baked potato and a house salad...oh, and can you please leave off the cucumber? And put the dressing on the side? Oh, and can I please have extra lemon for my tea? Thanks!"

I have my routine timed to the very second, so I always irritate others by sitting around till the last minute, making them worry about being late, and then jumping up suddenly, getting ready at the speed of light, and then they find me sitting in the car waiting on THEM. With a long suffering look on my face, like, "What on earth could take you so long?"

Old 04-14-2014, 05:28 AM

3,172 posts, read 3,060,105 times
Quote:
I annoy my husband by pointing out that he's leaving cabinet doors open. I also annoy him by refusing to close the refrigerator door for him when he forgets and the little bell starts going off. I just stand there and call out, "Hey, you left the refrigerator door open again!"
LOL
Last night my husband was heating up some soup and turned the wrong burner on. I turned it off and turned on the right one. I was going to be nice and not say anything but then thought this could be dangerous and very nicely said "Hey, you turned the wrong burner on" He yells back "well, turn it off!!!"
I annoyed him.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 AM

715 posts, read 1,012,142 times
I am too much of a 'yes' person. And then I get in trouble when I can't fulfill.

I also tend to tell the same story. Someone will say to me 'I think you told me this story before.' Oops.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:19 AM

6,792 posts, read 11,690,822 times
- I tend to repeat the same word in my speech a lot.. especially the words "like" and "basically"

- I tend to interrupt people and finish their sentences although they tell me I've gotten a lot better in recent years.

- I tend to not respond right away when people ask me a question or to do something and I'm currently 100% concentrated on something else.

- When driving, I insist on using the cruise control when it's safe to do so and really hate braking more than necessary.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 AM

4,881 posts, read 4,813,297 times
I think I'm a thread ender on certain forums.
I don't write lengthy emails, texts, letters or comments on CD.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 AM

1,843 posts, read 1,928,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I talk to inanimate objects
I talk to myself at work, answer myself too!
I curse at stupid people behind the wheel, drives my kids nuts
I can never sneeze just once
I forget to bring my garbage can up, sometimes for days, drives a few neighbors crazy
that's funny I do all of these, except the garbage can, plus talk to my cats as if they were people.

But I dont think any of these are annoying. Unless somebody tell me something that I do is annoying how am i supposed to know?

And BTW why don;t you answer your own question instead of pointing out to people in the library?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or