Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 PM

226 posts, read 614,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Totally a booty call.
Well if that was the case then why wouldn't he just take advantage of me when I was there? There were no girls, only like 6 guys at that point, so that could have been a perfect opportunity. He texted me at 8:30 to see if I would go, like usually booty calls are after 10 and they just will tell you straight up for sex, and they all wanted to go to the bar, and knowing that I am 20, I wouldn't get served. So that is booty call bust, lol. Cause if he was in it just for a booty call then why would he want to go to the bar, when I was right there and he could have said something there? Like that would have been the perfect opportunity. I don't think it was a booty call, plus I am friends with the guy. But thanks anyways, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 02:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,763,734 times
Watch "The Graduate" and think it over. LOL!

Just kidding (well, not just kidding about watching The Graduate because it's a great movie, but I really don't think he acted that way because he's sleeping with your mother - LOL!).

You were both sending mixed messages and you were both drunk. Don't read too much into any of it.

ANY of it.

Honestly, why do people drink and then try to psychoanalyze drunken situations? People handle alcohol differently. Best to try to build relationships when you're sober.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:24 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,262,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
I was, but I made sure I was sobered up. At that point I was pretty much sober, I was drinking water and eating, and when I went to the bonfire I didn't have any alcohol, so I was good! It's all good! I don't believe in driving drunk, and believe me if I was wasted or not able to drive I wouldn't.
You said earlier you were "still kinda drunk" when you got to the bonfire party. PLEASE don't drive when you've been drinking, even if you think you've sobered up. A person who has been drinking enough to have been drunk that evening is NOT a good judge of whether or not they've sobered up enough.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:01 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,496,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
You said earlier you were "still kinda drunk" when you got to the bonfire party. PLEASE don't drive when you've been drinking, even if you think you've sobered up. A person who has been drinking enough to have been drunk that evening is NOT a good judge of whether or not they've sobered up enough.
And while we're on the subject of giving kindly lectures from a slightly older and wiser perspective, going to the bonfire party "still kinda drunk" is not the best plan. You don't want to wake up the next morning with your clothes strewn on the floor (or ground) beside you and no memory of what you did, how many guys had a turn while you were semi-conscious, if anyone bothered to use protection, etc. They're the criminals if they take advantage of you in that state, but the best way to protect yourself is not to put yourself in that position. EVER.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
And while we're on the subject of giving kindly lectures from a slightly older and wiser perspective, going to the bonfire party "still kinda drunk" is not the best plan. You don't want to wake up the next morning with your clothes strewn on the floor (or ground) beside you and no memory of what you did, how many guys had a turn while you were semi-conscious, if anyone bothered to use protection, etc. They're the criminals if they take advantage of you in that state, but the best way to protect yourself is not to put yourself in that position. EVER.

I understand. Thank you for the advice!

Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I understand! It's true, you still can't be a good judge cause a drunk person in their eyes can still think they aren't "drunk" Thank you!

Old 04-13-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Watch "The Graduate" and think it over. LOL!

Just kidding (well, not just kidding about watching The Graduate because it's a great movie, but I really don't think he acted that way because he's sleeping with your mother - LOL!).

You were both sending mixed messages and you were both drunk. Don't read too much into any of it.

ANY of it.

Honestly, why do people drink and then try to psychoanalyze drunken situations? People handle alcohol differently. Best to try to build relationships when you're sober.

Hahaha! I will look into that movie, thanks. Yeah I know what you mean. Cause everything was out of whack, haha. But thank you for commenting!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:17 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,105,275 times
Quote:
Ok, so this guy I have been liking texted me tonight at 8:30 saying "Hey what are you doing?" "You should come to Paul's bonfire" I didn't get the message til 10:45 cause I wasn't looking at my phone, lol, and I was at a party at that time, so then I texted him back, and I went to Paul's bonfire, but I arrived there at 12:15.

It was really awkward, cause it was kinda silent. Like 6 guys were there including the guy I like (Ryan) so what's weird is that Ryan kinda ignored me. He wasn't overly friendly, but he wasn't rude, he did speak to me, like he said "What did you do tonight?" I said "That my friend I can't disclose, haha" He just sighs. Ryan was kinda quiet with me, and I said "Where's Carl?" He said "Carl Left! You can't show up at 12:30 and expect it to a party, haha" I was like "Sorry but I always thought that's when the party starts, haha" and he just laughed.

So they all wanted to go to the bar and since I am 20 and not old enough, I said I'll see you guys, and Ryan said "Bye Sara Love you!"

I feel stupid even going there cause it was kinda awkward for me. Also I don't understand why Ryan would text me to invite me and then I was there he barely engaged with me, and didn't hug me or nothing, like why would you invite me then? He did say though they have been drinking since 3pm and it's 1am and they went to the bar, so go figure, lol.

Should I be offended? Like why would he invite me, but then kinda ignore me in a way? Is it shyness? Because he was drunk? Like what do you think? Thank you!
Let me make this simple for you. He is a rude and inconsiderate a-hole. The earlier in life you learn to pick guys like that out and avoid them the happier you will be.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 PM

43 posts, read 55,584 times
Yeah I love drinking too but the margin for error is really small.
Cop won't ask if you think you're drunk, he'll ask if you've had anything to drink.
The downward spiral starts right there.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:20 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,842,201 times
Quote:
Ok, so this guy I have been liking texted me tonight at 8:30 saying "Hey what are you doing?" "You should come to Paul's bonfire" I didn't get the message til 10:45 cause I wasn't looking at my phone, lol, and I was at a party at that time, so then I texted him back, and I went to Paul's bonfire, but I arrived there at 12:15.

It was really awkward, cause it was kinda silent. Like 6 guys were there including the guy I like (Ryan) so what's weird is that Ryan kinda ignored me. He wasn't overly friendly, but he wasn't rude, he did speak to me, like he said "What did you do tonight?" I said "That my friend I can't disclose, haha" He just sighs. Ryan was kinda quiet with me, and I said "Where's Carl?" He said "Carl Left! You can't show up at 12:30 and expect it to a party, haha" I was like "Sorry but I always thought that's when the party starts, haha" and he just laughed.

So they all wanted to go to the bar and since I am 20 and not old enough, I said I'll see you guys, and Ryan said "Bye Sara Love you!"

I feel stupid even going there cause it was kinda awkward for me. Also I don't understand why Ryan would text me to invite me and then I was there he barely engaged with me, and didn't hug me or nothing, like why would you invite me then? He did say though they have been drinking since 3pm and it's 1am and they went to the bar, so go figure, lol.

Should I be offended? Like why would he invite me, but then kinda ignore me in a way? Is it shyness? Because he was drunk? Like what do you think? Thank you!
He could have been shy, afraid to engage with you in front of his buddies at a party. You could have been just a booty call and by the time you got there, he had already found another girl to hook up with. He could be a sadistic jerk who is messing with you, stringing you along.

The jury is out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships