U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 12:08 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,289,129 times

Advertisements

This thread is rediclous. And I read it all. Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 01:59 PM

7,345 posts, read 13,158,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
You're right this isn't an update, I didn't mean that. It was just adding more details, and I should have put that, my bad. Also I know it's kinda wrong, but why waste the medicine, you know? Cause we hardly ever take it when the doctor gives it to us, so why not when someone needs antibiotics, give it to them? Unless they have a allergic reaction, then that is bad, but that is why my mom asked him if he ever took Amoxicillin and if he was allergic to it, and he said he took that before, and he is not allergic to Amoxicillin so my mom figured it would be ok then to give it to him. But I understand where you are coming from. But my mom knew to ask if he is allergic or if he has taken it before, cause even if he said he never has taken it, my mom definitely wouldn't have given it to him, she's not careless like that. Also it may seem like I am placing an importance, but really I am just curious, I am not completely clueless about this situation. I have an idea on why he is acting this way, or why he said that , why he did this, etc. I just like to see what other's think, and to see other people's opinions, that's all. But thank you!
I wasn't even saying you are clueless. I question why you sit there and overly wonder about these guys... who you claim to have no desire to be with, who you already rejected and friend-zoned. Do you do this with your regular friends?

Kinda hard to gauge other people's perspective/opinion because we're still seeing it from your relayed perspective.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:02 PM

55,434 posts, read 74,315,920 times
Feeding his friends ?? Avoid this one

Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,800,576 times
Quote:
Also I know it's kinda wrong, but why waste the medicine, you know? Cause we hardly ever take it when the doctor gives it to us, so why not when someone needs antibiotics, give it to them? Unless they have a allergic reaction, then that is bad, but that is why my mom asked him if he ever took Amoxicillin and if he was allergic to it, and he said he took that before, and he is not allergic to Amoxicillin so my mom figured it would be ok then to give it to him.
The only way he could have known if he had strep is with a test from the doctor. Using antibiotics in the absence of actual bacteria can create resistance to the medication. This is how antibiotic-resistant strains of infections have become rampant. Sharing antibiotics is a bad idea.

Taking antibiotics for a viral sore throat or cold is pointless, and dangerous. The more you take antibiotics, the more resistance you build. When you do actually need them, it's quite possible that they won't work.

Geeze, I feel like I'm being a big wet blanket in this thread, but I promise I'm only trying to help. I know you didn't ask for this information, but it's important for you to know it.

Last edited by apexgds; 04-14-2014 at 03:33 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 06:25 PM

226 posts, read 454,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I wasn't even saying you are clueless. I question why you sit there and overly wonder about these guys... who you claim to have no desire to be with, who you already rejected and friend-zoned. Do you do this with your regular friends?

Kinda hard to gauge other people's perspective/opinion because we're still seeing it from your relayed perspective.
I do have a desire, it's just that I wanted other people's opinions that's all. I do have feelings for these guys, it's just hard for me. I don't look for advice, or anything, I just wanted to see what other's input on the matter is, no hard feelings, it's all good, but I understand where you are coming from. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Feeding his friends ?? Avoid this one
?? What?? What do you mean by "feeding his friends"? lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
The only way he could have known if he had strep is with a test from the doctor. Using antibiotics in the absence of actual bacteria can create resistance to the medication. This is how antibiotic-resistant strains of infections have become rampant. Sharing antibiotics is a bad idea.

Taking antibiotics for a viral sore throat or cold is pointless, and dangerous. The more you take antibiotics, the more resistance you build. When you do actually need them, it's quite possible that they won't work.

Geeze, I feel like I'm being a big wet blanket in this thread, but I promise I'm only trying to help. I know you didn't ask for this information, but it's important for you to know it.
Haha! Thank you!

Old 04-14-2014, 06:39 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,800,576 times
Quote:
Haha! Thank you!
You're welcome, but not a laughing matter.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:21 PM

8,984 posts, read 14,611,429 times
OK. I will admit it. Ryan called me before he texted you - and we talked for HOURS about how to confuse you. We brought in several people to help strategize. Glad he played it out as planned.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:18 PM

226 posts, read 454,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
OK. I will admit it. Ryan called me before he texted you - and we talked for HOURS about how to confuse you. We brought in several people to help strategize. Glad he played it out as planned.
Haha! Well, thanks, that was cruel! lol!

Old 04-14-2014, 11:59 PM

35,121 posts, read 39,923,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post

Did he call you after he called me or before he called me? I recognize the actions taken for confusion but I'm not sure whom should be credited with what to make sure that you know who is confused.

Original poster: You have so much going on I think your train is afraid to wreck however, you really need to get your elevator serviced so it actually goes all the way to the top.

First you want the guy, then you don't want the guy, then you do but he doesn't want you, then he wants you and you don't want him so now you have decided to be friends. Even though he never tells you about his life but you state you are best friends. Then you think you like some other guy and you think he likes you (this phrase should quit being used in 3rd grade by the way).

Then someone texts about a party because no one knows how to use the phone part of that cell phone, you show up 4 hours late to a party. After driving a "little" drunk which by the way is incorrect.
You are either drunk or you are not drunk and if you get stopped after one or two beers, you are going to be arrested and charged with drunk driving. Then the guy that texted you was already gone and you wonder why and instead of calling you have to text the next day.

Then his people will get back to your people who will call your cousin who can contact your best friend's brother who will then tell his Mother who will tell her sister who can make the landline call to her ex boyfriend's ex girlfriend's friend's cell phone who works with the guy who might like you and tell him that his people were contacted by your people......and round and round the carousel goes.

Do you understand the confusing part of the confusion now?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:34 AM

552 posts, read 696,230 times
haha, only 6 guys where there huh.... nice sausage party. Bet they were trying to figure out how to add a female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or