Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:56 PM

185 posts, read 241,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Most millenials for being a drain on the earth's supply of air, food and water.
Funny, I could say the same of baby boomers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 01:01 PM

734 posts, read 1,082,067 times
Gum popping
Coughing and sneezing with covering your mouth

Old 04-15-2014, 01:08 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
Funny, I could say the same of baby boomers.
Millenials who lack originality. That also is annoying.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
  • People who spit in public.
  • People who chew with their mouths open or smack their food.
  • People who click their tongues on the backs of their teeth or the roofs of their mouths when beginning a sentence.
  • People with overly sibilant S sounds in their speech; it makes a high-pitched noise, almost like a whistle, that is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. The culprits are usually white, middle-class women who are a bit on the snobbish side.
  • People who use the word "good" when they should use the word "well." Don't say "you did good!" Please.
  • People who say "nauseous" when they mean "nauseated." I realize that the incorrect usage of "nauseous" is so pervasive that it hardly matters anymore, but it bugs me.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:35 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Oh jeeze....where to start? Where to end?

People who feel the need to sneeze so loud that their spleen ends up on my desk.
People who snap their chewing gum.
People who feel the need to spit, sneeze, cough and hock a loogie on the sidewalk or in the subway.
People who feel the need to walk with their head down checking their phone and are oblivious to everything and everyone around them.
People who feel the need to sing out loud whatever it is they're listening to. This isn't an American Idol audition.
People who feel the need to chew their carrots, celery and potato chips SUPER loud.
People who feel the need to stand 1 centimeter away from you when there's 5 feet of empty space on the elevator and train.
And those people? Who talk like? Every sentence? Is a question? Even? If it's just a comment? or statement?
Those pesky "It's showtime" brats on the train that pole dance during rush hour and almost kick people in the face. It's like a slow-mo scene out of "The Matrix".

Old 04-15-2014, 01:44 PM

185 posts, read 241,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Millenials who lack originality. That also is annoying.
Well played, old man (woman?). Well played, old and as of yet gender neutral person.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:19 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,335 times
People that are just clueless about their surroundings e.g. someone in supermarket aisle with their cart blocking 1/2 the aisle and their body blocking the other 1/2 standing there reading a label.

People that whip out several lottery tickets and have the cashier check them holding up the line...wtf, the numbers are broadcast on TV, they are available online and in the newspaper, not to mention there are printouts at most cash registers they sell the tickets at.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:45 PM

532 posts, read 958,885 times
This should be fun!

*People walking in parking lots who are totally unaware they are in a parking lot as they walk without realizing there are moving vehicles right there!
*People walking along a sidewalk, a hallway or anywhere and suddenly stop and then glare at you for running into them.
*People (my father is guilty of this) standing directly in front of the closed elevator waiting for it to arrive, I have asked him a thousand times to move to the side as there is a chance someone might want to actually get off the elevator first.
*I have a coworker who does TWO things that annoy me. She finishes 99 out of every 100 sentences with "know what I mean"? I am 52 and she is older than me! STOP IT! I swear one of these times I am going to say no, I have no idea what you mean. The other thing she does is talks about her ex jobs, not in a casual way like I assume most of us do, but comparing the old and current place in terms of policy, money, clients, anything. I have to tell her over and over, this is not company A, what I want to say is, that was YEARS ago, so what?????
*Have a coworker who will tell me about a movie/game/book/website she saw, read, that she has to tell me about in detail, even though I have a mountain of work on my desk and I have told her I have no interest in the topic.
*People who are late to work, parties, appointments, especially appointments without realizing that the person they are seeing is now going to be late for the next person.

(I am not a people person in general and have a low tolerance for BS, but this is a starter).

Great topic!

Old 04-15-2014, 06:50 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
  • People who spit in public.
  • People who chew with their mouths open or smack their food.
  • People who click their tongues on the backs of their teeth or the roofs of their mouths when beginning a sentence.
  • People with overly sibilant S sounds in their speech; it makes a high-pitched noise, almost like a whistle, that is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. The culprits are usually white, middle-class women who are a bit on the snobbish side.
  • People who use the word "good" when they should use the word "well." Don't say "you did good!" Please.
  • People who say "nauseous" when they mean "nauseated." I realize that the incorrect usage of "nauseous" is so pervasive that it hardly matters anymore, but it bugs me.
We are as one on these things.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:02 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
People who breathe overly close to me. People who make lip-smacking sounds. Very sexually uptight or socially conservative people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships