Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 04:06 PM

5 posts, read 19,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
If she had used her actual name, then I'd say to send an email through Facebook and say something like, "Long time no see! How are you?" or something casual like that. But she didn't use her real name, and therefore, it would be a little weird for you to contact her. After all, there's no way you casually found her, since she'll know you had to go through various channels to find her. Until she changes her name on Facebook, leave her alone.
well-said, I guess you're right- there's just no way to say hello to her and appear casual about it under present circumstances, damn.
However I was pleased to see her face again and I must say, she who was in those days a redhaired hot fox in her late teens, is now a redhaired hot fox of a woman in her late 30s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 04:10 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,500,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I can't believe so many of you think its creepy. I have reconnected with former neighbors and high school friends on Facebook. Otherwise there would be no way to connect. We all just catch up with how everyone's kids are doing and leave it at that.
What makes a difference for me is that he said, "It proved difficult because it turned out she didn't use her real last name on f.b. , I looked up her dad's name which I remembered, followed a few paths, and with sheer luck really, I found her."

He didn't say that she no longer had her maiden name, or that she had a new married name, or whatever. He said she didn't use "her real" last name on FB. To me that implies she doesn't want to be randomly found. It took a lot of digging and "sheer luck" for him to locate her under the fake name. I would respect that obvious desire not to be found except by those she chooses to let in.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:11 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,418 times
I don't understand why the OP thinks the last name is phone. She might have married into that name (ex or currently) at some point in time.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
I don't understand why the OP thinks the last name is phone. She might have married into that name (ex or currently) at some point in time.
June, the last name is obviously sillily madeup.. I can't see how it could be a real surname.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:32 PM

There is just the one possible way I may be able to sneak in a hello to her, but this would be pushing it...
When I searched for her dad, it led me to her brother. On this brother's f.b. is where I found her. Conceivably I could pretend I'd not seen her on his page, and send him a message loosely as such:
I'm looking for an old girlfriend of mine and I think you could possibly be related to her, if you are, could you pass along a hello to her for me, im 'kirk' she'll remember me, thanks.

This itself though would be strange in it's own way, I reckon. I reckon I'd better let this one go

Old 04-15-2014, 04:33 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,865,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ltrpepsi View Post
I reckon I'd better let this one go
Given your last comment, that's probably best.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:34 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Quote:
There is just the one possible way I may be able to sneak in a hello to her, but this would be pushing it...
When I searched for her dad, it led me to her brother. On this brother's f.b. is where I found her. Conceivably I could pretend I'd not seen her on his page, and send him a message loosely as such:
I'm looking for an old girlfriend of mine and I think you could possibly be related to her, if you are, could you pass along a hello to her for me, im 'kirk' she'll remember me, thanks.

This itself though would be strange in it's own way, I reckon. I reckon I'd better let this one go
Yes, let it go.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Yes, let it go.
alright, it's let go, forget it, stick a fork in it
thanks all, for the various advices, they were most appreciated.

time for some cold beer now, a bit of Oasis for my outro

Oasis - Slide Away - YouTube

Old 04-15-2014, 05:26 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,418 times
Quote:
June, the last name is obviously sillily madeup.. I can't see how it could be a real surname.
Thank you.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:34 PM

99,556 posts, read 4,491,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Not everyone from the past. Some you want to forget about. Some want to forget about you.

Very true, but there's no way to know that until contact has been made.

I've never used FB, but I keep hearing these stories about how people barely talked to each other in high school but have become best friends at age 50 thanks to FB. Someone had to make the initial contact for that to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships