U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 PM

1,410 posts, read 1,814,820 times

Advertisements

I hear ya, Green Mariner. BTW, I think the only way my many bullies would ever come out of the woodwork and apologize for the hell they put me through is if I were to win the lottery. Even if I were to keep it secret, there'd be all sorts of sudden flattery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 01:11 AM

17,402 posts, read 21,244,496 times
No chance of that happening! Being bullied in High School, at 64, I've steadfastly refused to go to a high school reunion. Not a good idea, as I'd go there carrying a concealed weapon!

From bullier to bullier, with a gun to their head: Apologize or else!

Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 PM

48,141 posts, read 45,495,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I hear ya, Green Mariner. BTW, I think the only way my many bullies would ever come out of the woodwork and apologize for the hell they put me through is if I were to win the lottery. Even if I were to keep it secret, there'd be all sorts of sudden flattery.
Or even stranger, some persons coming out of the woodwork would be like "we were cool back in high school", as if they did nothing wrong.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:23 PM

12,120 posts, read 28,552,714 times
a very ambitious aggressive guy at my office used to bully me and step all over me to make himself look better. this went on for years. the boss(who was ousted due to sexual harrassment) always sided with him. as he made it up the ladder he did it somewhat less. back in 2011 there was a phone message that mistakenly got sent to me. i forwarded it to him. he thanked me but then went on a bizzare diatribe about the company disclaimer "confidential company e mails are not to be copied" followed by an odd "the best test of a true man is his ability to withstand someone else who does him absolutely no good". i assumed he was talking about me

a few months later my mom fell ill from her cancer and i went to take care of her for 2 weeks. i returned back home and the next day she passed. i flew back immediately for the funeral. then i returned home and back to work

this guy (who is now the exec director of my company) asked me about my mom and the funeral and commented how hard it must have been to have to fly right back for the funeral after returning home. tho he didn't directly apologize, it kind of felt like one

he no longer has bothered me

a year later in 2012 i was diagnosed with cancer

he still hasn't bothered me. he probably heard about the cancer from my supervisor

perhaps in his new position as exec director he probably knows he cant do what he used to do

Old 02-15-2015, 03:13 AM

2,769 posts, read 2,495,572 times
I wouldn't call it a "bully" but a guy was a jerk to me in 8th grade and ended up moving away at the end of the year(to my relief). I later found him on Myspace my junior or senior year of High School(yes this was during the Myspace era), and messaged him and called him out on being mean to me. It was probably an immature thing to do, but I was glad I did. At first he said he "didn't remember who I was" but later apologized for what he did back then and kind of started a conversation with me saying things like "do you still live in the same place? Its beautiful there, I miss it." He was probably just insecure himself, and in middle school kids are often mean for no reason.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:34 PM

238 posts, read 119,206 times
In September, 2007, just over 31 years after high school graduation, I crossed paths in Wal-Mart with a guy who hassled me in junior high and high school, and he apologized for what he termed "giving me sh*t" during our school years---granted it was convenient for him to do, didn't require him to go out of his way or make a special effort, but I did feel it was a classier gesture than I ever received from other classmates who were much more offensive.

I thanked him, told him not to beat himself up too much, and even tried to assure him that looking back in retrospect, some of his antics were rather funny.

Last edited by Mid America Lifer; 02-15-2015 at 03:35 PM..

Old 02-16-2015, 04:21 PM

56,085 posts, read 54,581,442 times
No, but the good-looking popular guy who proclaimed me "ugliest girl in the class" and made fun of me in front of everyone whenever he saw me in high school was kind enough to drop dead of a heart attack at the age of 50. I hadn't thought about him in years, and then I learned he'd died suddenly. No wife, no kids, no significant other listed in his obit, so maybe he wasn't all that himself by the end.

And yes, I felt somewhat ashamed that when I first heard he was dead I had a moment of elation at the news. Just a moment. Then I returned to my actual age.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:31 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,038,261 times
I have 1 that I distinctively remember. And yes we are friends on FB. Dude would just pick on me all the time. I dont remember much from school days anymore. Im not going to waste my energy holding grudges that happened years back in school

I was a loner in school and classmates left me alone. win-win situation

Old 02-16-2015, 10:00 PM

1,058 posts, read 662,199 times
There was this kid who bullied me from kindergarten all the way through senior year of high school. He was really terrible to me. So 10 years after graduation at our 10 year reunion I saw him. I decided to see what he would say so I walked up to him and he told me he was a lawyer now and asked me if I wanted him to sue anybody. I was like, No thanks! But he seemingly had no recollection of having bullied me, or at least he didn't let on that he remembered. Thankfully he doesn't live anywhere near me so at least I don't have to run into him in town.

He said he was married too and I kept thinking, Yikes, Why would anyone want to marry this clown?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:01 PM

902 posts, read 911,134 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships