U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 07:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,699,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Looks like the latest group of posters didn't read too carefully. Maybe I should have sent it by text. LOL

Gee. I guess I'm a horrible person. I'll make sure to add seniors to the list of other protected classes that one has to treat with kid gloves. Lest Grandpa X will rally the local Gray Panthers to have a sit-in at the local pubs and restaurants in the area. That should force patrons who want a simple meal or drink without 20 minutes of skin infection talk, to go somewhere else.
Oh for God's sake.

Who do you think FOUGHT for your right to be an outspoken little douche?

Who stood between you and speaking Nazi German?

Who INVENTED the internet, then learnt to use it, and teach our kids (you) to use it?

Oh yes those annoying old people.

Listen kid you better start being grateful. YOU find another bar, they've been there for much, much longer than you.

Heck, some of them possibly BUILT that bar, with their own hands.

You go and find somewhere to hang out where you can all talk about fakebook and how cool your instagram is. The company of Gen Y-should-I is JUST AS IRRITATING to us with all your lip piercings and stupid tattoos and total disregard for your elders and betters.

WHY are you hanging out in an old persons bar in the first place, HIPSTER? Go get your "cool" friends and open your own where you can dictate who's entitled to a cold beer and a hot meal, and who's not.

Oh that's right you can't because you have no money, no common sense, no life experience, no one who can hold back an emo attack for more than half an hour because they're not being treated like a special little prince.

We're all doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 PM

8,872 posts, read 13,515,355 times
Oildog, if you think only the old patrons in bars are complaining, rude, demanding, belligerent, unpleasant, and sometimes even passed-out drunk, you haven't been in many bars.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 PM

At least old people can keep their vomit and urine inside their bodies until they get to an appropriate venue.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 PM

15,264 posts, read 12,047,748 times
A lot of bars and whole neighborhoods change all the time.
One bartender can turn a working class neighborhood bar into a hip singles bar...
or a gay bar...a few diff ethnic groups move into Brooklyn and it goes from Irish, to Jewish, to
Afro American to Puerto Rican to Korean....
Sounds like the ole bar crowd may have to move on...

I know all about the elderly...and the chips on their shoulders for decades...very few went to therapy
to become healthy adults...blame is the name of the game...and victimization...bla bla....

Old 04-21-2014, 08:18 PM

12,544 posts, read 12,492,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
WHY are you hanging out in an old persons bar in the first place, HIPSTER?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cindersslipper again."

Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM

How is Oildog a moderator?

The place is going to the dogs, officially?

Old 04-21-2014, 08:58 PM

4,800 posts, read 10,554,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
We have some senior facilities in our neighborhood. There are a couple area pubs that that are within a mile of their facility that some of them (seniors) have started to frequent. At first people didn't mind as they would just come in for a beer. But as time went on (about a year) staff and other patrons cringe when they show up. They all complain about their living situation and how they don't like others they live with...because the others are old and complain all the time...or they are too loud. Not surprisingly, they try to engage in 'conversation' (meaning they talk at) with anyone who comes near them....Except the other seniors. Usual topics are needing money, pains and medical procedures, minorities, wanting to move somewhere else....and they don't shut up. Its having your elderly relatives come over for happy hour daily.

They are demanding, often asking to get the TV changed if they don't like the program, wanting background music changed or turned down. Complaints about the strengths or volume of drinks etc. It gotten to the point that a couple of them have told they are not welcome anymore. Another has been belligerent and would proposition patrons before passing out in a chair (now banned). (meds may have kicked in).

Initially patrons felt sorry for them as they figured they were lonely and bored. But we have found them to be rude, bitter and unpleasant to be around. Now most patrons try to avoid them and Staff stops serving them once they become rude and often calls a cab for their mile ride home (which may be the MO of a few of them). The business is debating the awkward choice of not accepting these patrons.
So that's what my parents have been doing with their evenings.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 PM

55,580 posts, read 74,469,498 times
my all time favorite posts on this thread are the ones that say, if i were old i would never act like that.
there is a great song in "cabaret" called
what would you do.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...C32FD20E1B6032

these posts are like the CDF internet tough guy posts
try being old first b4 you judge.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 PM

2,575 posts, read 4,678,625 times
*I* don't like going to a bar and hearing young people complain about their jobs (or lack thereof), their sex lives, their boyfriends/girlfriends, their parents, how their iPhone is out of date but they can't afford a new one, and things like that. I hate the loud, obnoxious young people who don't know to be classy when they drink, but instead turn the place into their own personal shouting arena because anything they do, other people would be privileged to hear and watch.

But I try to be compassionate because I was younger once, and had young friends who did things like that.

And you will be like those old people someday, if you live that long.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 PM

Anyone called "old" has presided over the fastest changing society in the history of the world.

Anyone called "old" literally has one foot in the pre internet world. "Old" people know how to communicate without iphones, how to express ourselves verbally so most people understand what we are saying, how NOT to rate every one and every thing on Fakebook, how not to chuck a tantie if someone unfriends you.

We rock, basically.

I lay claim to coming of age in the Coolest Decade Ever (the 80s) which makes me permanently the coolest generation there is.

Theyre all copying our hair and fashion and music and movies. No wonder we're complaining, these wannabes think they invented the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships