U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:25 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,444,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Nothing like speaking the truth about selfishness to get all you barren people in a dither.
I'm fertile, unfortunately. I am using birth control but I would have an abortion if I found out I was pregnant.

That's what you get for attacking other people's life choices which don't affect you in the slightest.

Do you think that nuns and priests are selfish for not having kids?

Old 04-23-2014, 12:50 PM

6,475 posts, read 9,889,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMatthews View Post
My point is that if you lived you're whole life lonely, for what? You born, you grow, you get old, you die. It's doesn't make sense if you're lonely all the time. I don't know if I make myself clear.

Having a baby it's a completely miracle, when he comes to the world all you want in your whole life is live for him, protect him and make him happy. Of course, it cost money, time, effort, sleepless nights, etc But I swear to you that the experiencie worth that sacrifies.

For more information, ask your parents
Oh brother. Who says one is lonely all the time because they don't have kids? That's a ridiculous assumption. Your kids aren't responsible for your loneliness... you are.

Having a baby is NOT a complete miracle. It's biology. Hasn't your daddy given you the sex talk yet and told you where babies come from?

I don't need to ask my parents anything. THEY now know better.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,075,093 times
Quote:
You have it wrong. People who have children aren't interested in a legacy. They are interested in love of family.

Those who chose to not have a family usually are too into themselves to share anything.
Quote:
Nothing like speaking the truth about selfishness to get all you barren people in a dither.
You are really off base. So you've chosen to have a family? Great for you. Why on earth do you judge and look down on people who haven't?

I get that most of this thread is about choice. Who chooses to have kids, who doesn't...I think the people posting here have expressed themselves pretty well...in other words, many folks give it a great deal of thought and don't take this subject lightly. Your responses, however, are just rude.

And no, I'm not in a dither because you've magically uncovered some sort of selfishness you think exists. I'm in a dither (ok, not really but for the sake of your idiotic comment) because you assume WAY TOO MUCH about childless people. Holy Mulch, I can smell it from here. And to blast "barren" women? Way to go, dude.

I don't have kids. My husband and I thought we'd wait. Then, we kept saying we weren't ready. Then I got sick...really sick...and now, I simply can't have kids. And now...I'm too old to have kids. I'm completely OK with this...having someone to take care of me when I'm old? Well, I'm hoping my husband and I take care of each other. Having a legacy? People barely remember me now let alone when I'm dead...who cares? I love the children that my siblings have...immensely...but some of us know that even if the decision was made for us, that it was the right one!

I sure hope you never make a comment like these to someone's actual FACE...I know what I'D do if you did...

Old 04-23-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
You have it wrong. People who have children aren't interested in a legacy. They are interested in love of family.

Those who chose to not have a family usually are too into themselves to share anything.
Another crazy ASSumption.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:52 PM

71 posts, read 58,179 times
No there's nothing wrong with wanting to be childfree.

I wasn't raised well enough, I was severely abused by my parents and because of that I wouldn't want children for that very reason, I wouldn't want them hurt like I was.

I do not want to be a mother I believe I would fail as one due to not being allowed to interact with children while growing up, also I just do not like kids in general.

My relatives call me selfish but I don't care, this guy whom I like has a son of his own and he had himself snipped after his first child. I also have illnesses and I would want to have any due to the fact my mother and paternal grandmother both died from breast cancer.

No not selfish, smart yes.

Last edited by Esuterure2006; 04-23-2014 at 01:33 PM..

Old 04-23-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
And this is a perfect example of why people who have children see the selfishness in those that don't(or better, wont)
You wouldn't know a perfect example if it hit you in the face.

Who is YellowJacket hurting by not having any kids?

Old 04-23-2014, 12:54 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,075,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

ME!! I'm sure of it!!

Old 04-23-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

Apparently he's hurting people who don't even exist.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:01 PM

3,967 posts, read 4,588,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Have you had a vasectomy?
Yes and despite a few people who have damned me and told me that I would change my mind. I'm very happy with my decision. There is more to life for me than breeding. I'm still good friends with my surgeon and I send him a gift every Christmas.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Yes and despite a few people who have damned me and told me that I would change my mind. I'm very happy with my decision. There is more to life for me than breeding. I'm still good friends with my surgeon and I send him a gift every Christmas.
That's excellent. A lot of men leave birth control up to the woman and then they complain when she gets pregnant and doesn't want an abortion. I'm getting my tubes tied next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships