Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 11:56 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Forgot to add.....If I am a nightmare of a neighbor than apparently everyone else on this street is as well. Dogs poop, urinate, roam freely here. The grumpy, new neighbors are outnumbered. Perhaps they are the ones who should move.......they don't fit in here anyways! They are too uptight and picky for us!
You live on a golf course and dogs are allowed to roam freely and poop and pee everywhere? Glad I don't live in your town......

OP, you are the one who brought up the long cat issue - it was the first part of the post. If you didn't want people to comment and give opinions on it, you should have left that part out. Sorry, but many of us think you are in the wrong regarding your cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 12:14 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
She isn't suggesting anyone keep her cat safe she's asking that they not intentionally harm her cat.
As far as I can tell by her post the cat isn't causing any damage to their property, the neighbors are upset because their dogs like to chase the cat.
Sigh, because the cat is loose, and on their property, per the neighbor. Any harm that comes to the cat because of it is her responsibility. I'll go further and say that an outdoor cat being allowed to torment dogs in their own yard is a menace.

I honestly have nothing against cats. I have something against irresponsible pet owners, no matter what animal might be involved.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:30 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,239,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I think I'm going to have that same discussion with the cat lady across the street, after cleaning out my raised bed veggie garden and flower garden on my porch, where her cat used it for a toilet. I'm getting pretty sick and tired (not to mention disgusted) by the constant cat poop and pee in the area that grows food I eat.
Thankfully, we don't have that issue. People don't plant gardens here. You'd need to fence the area in due to the deer and rabbits eating everything. And since fences aren't allowed, attempting to grow a garden would be fruitless. But of course it wouldn't be surprising if they start trapping the rabbits as well. Sigh.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:32 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Sigh, because the cat is loose, and on their property, per the neighbor. Any harm that comes to the cat because of it is her responsibility. I'll go further and say that an outdoor cat being allowed to torment dogs in their own yard is a menace.

I honestly have nothing against cats. I have something against irresponsible pet owners, no matter what animal might be involved.
Sorry, but I don't agree with maliciously harming someone's pet just because it wandered onto your property. Are we no more evolved than the animals. I certainly understand if the animal is causing harm but if a person would harm an animal for just being an animal they are an a hole in my book. Any harm that comes to the dogs from leaving their property is their owners responsibility. If the dogs tag the cat off of the cats owners property, its the cat owners responsibility.

Plenty of things wander onto my property that "torment" my dogs and give them cause to chase; dogs, cats, deer, raccoons, skunks, opossums, coyotes, squirrels, rabbits. Im not going to destroy them just because my dogs want to bark and chase them. Sigh.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 PM

150 posts, read 343,726 times
I'm still amazed by the attitude of cats being allowed anywhere they feel like it. I moved recently to a neighborhood where the neighbors have lived there 52 years. I keep my dogs in my yard and apologized to them that they were barking, and I would work on that. My dog, my responsibility to make sure that my neighbors are not annoyed by my animals.

In return, I want to build a fence, they said just attach it to theirs, what can they do to help and yes they are in their 80's. My husband is highly allergic to cats, so he should work in his yard and could have an attack (unlikely I know), but we choose not to have cats. I don't want cat poop in my flower beds, and I want my birds that I feed to live. Yes the squirrels (who my husband hates and calls rats with large tails) eat the bird food too.

If you choose to own an animal, be responsible for it. That does not mean feeding twice a day and letting roam the neighborhood. I also don't think a dog is to be chained outside all the time. And to the OP, yes it is your animal, figure out how to control it or risk losing it. Dog owners have to do it all the time.

1,242 posts, read 1,689,549 times
Quote:
And I gave them my telephone number and told them to call me before they decide to have my cat euthanized by animal control.
Why should they have to call you to take care of your own pets? Either keep you cat out of their yard or don't surprised if kitty goes missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Their dogs flip out if they see my cat sleeping under our cars in our driveway. Their dogs have behavioral problems.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Why should they have to call you to take care of your own pets? Either keep you cat out of their yard or don't surprised if kitty goes missing.

Because that's what nice civilized people do.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Their dogs have broken through their invisible fence and wandered into my yard as well. Heck, they have even wandered onto my back patio. I couldn't care less. Life is far too short to get your panties in a bunch over such nonsense. According to you, the next time that happens I should dispose of their dogs elsewhere? Talk about being irrational!

Old 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Thankfully, we don't have that issue. People don't plant gardens here. You'd need to fence the area in due to the deer and rabbits eating everything. And since fences aren't allowed, attempting to grow a garden would be fruitless. But of course it wouldn't be surprising if they start trapping the rabbits as well. Sigh.
I don't understand your reasoning here. You want to be able to feed squirrels, and keep them safe, yet don't feel you bear any responsibility to allow your neighbors to want the same for their domesticated pets.
They are trying to be pro-active in trying to keep their animals from harm, and they get labeled cranky old people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships