Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 PM

26,687 posts, read 41,580,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
The problem is millenials label everyone that pays attention to them for more than 2 days as a best friend.

Sorry....just because you shared a latte together doesn't make her your bestest friend in the whole wild world.
Dude, take your uneducated and ageist thinking elsewhere if you have nothing intelligent to contribute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 07:54 PM

22,319 posts, read 11,832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I would bide my time for awhile and see if the friendship picks pack up. if not maybe call and ask if she wants to go to lunch if she makes up a reason why she can't you really know she is not interested anymore. I would be careful about questioning someone as to why they don't want to be so close anymore. they don't really want to tell you or they would of by now. if they do feel forced to tell you, it might not be something you want to hear.
Some people don't have the courage to just come out with it. Instead, they leave people wondering just what happened. I, for one, would want to know if there was a problem.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:27 PM

12,946 posts, read 9,574,218 times
It could be any number of things. Do you two share mutual friends, are you doing better than her and maybe a little jealousy is at play, do you get more attention from the guys when you go out, did put any of her personal business out there. Sounds like you really want to continue the friendship, so I would give it my best effort to find out what is going on. I think you should just cut through the chase and ask her. But if you are 100% sure you didn't do anything for her to act this way with you, then you should start thinking about life without her in it. Everybody we call our friend is sometime not our friend, your enemies can also come disguised as a friend. I don't believe a true friend would put you through that for no reason. Nip it in the bud and move on with your life.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:39 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,250,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
The problem is millenials label everyone that pays attention to them for more than 2 days as a best friend.

Sorry....just because you shared a latte together doesn't make her your bestest friend in the whole wild world.
Your devastating takedown of millennials is one I will remember forever, as much for the fact that you said it to a 44-year-old as for its elegant wit.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:43 PM

18,324 posts, read 18,932,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Some people don't have the courage to just come out with it. Instead, they leave people wondering just what happened. I, for one, would want to know if there was a problem.

I would want to know as well. however the shoe has been on the other foot and I did not want to tell my friend the long list of things that had added up for me, that made me want to distance myself. telling her would of done nothing to change the situation it would of just hurt her feelings. nor was it anything she could really change.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 PM

286 posts, read 449,171 times
Have you recently begun dating?

Are you in a serious relationship and hers is failing?

Have you lost weight recently?

Are you talking to new people?

Women ( I don't know if men do it too) tend to harbor a lot of jealousy. As long as you two are on the same level it is fine. Your advancement in life may make her feel less than.
That has been my experience but it is not always the case. If you love her, which I'm assuming you do, then you owe it to yourself and her to get to the bottom of things.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:15 AM

32 posts, read 75,811 times
Definitely trust your instincts. I know 100% more by having a conversation and looking someone in the eyes.
That is where the instinct serves you.
Ask questions casually and read your friend. Face to face.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:24 AM

579 posts, read 758,836 times
Plan a date to catch up. If she declines then push the issue as to why

Old 04-24-2014, 01:42 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,821,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilove View Post
All right, lets say we've been close friends for 5 years then. She refers to me as her best friend. Or at least she always used to introduce me to people that way.

Any suggestions on how to respond to this situation? Should I just stop reaching out or ask once again what's wrong?

Thanks!
I used to have a childhood friend... we were buddies, thick as thieves. Then one day that door was shut... and I never found out why she turned. She'd talk to everyone else (mutual friends), but me, no response to texts, emails and even letters. I kept asking to meet up, for denied because she was "too busy" (but not anyone else). Finally I asked what's going on... she completely denied that anything was going on. I knew it was done. It's a painful experience and takes awhile to get over.

Give her one more chance, OP. Then move on with your life... she may come back, or not.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 AM

9 posts, read 83,445 times
Well i think she's bearing some pressures which is her own problem and she hope to digest on her own. Coz i've been there before, just dont know how to tell friends, then gradually trapped in like autism. If u really cherish your friendship and really wanna get close to her mind, just try to make her feel that u'll be always by her side no matter what happens. The day she feels that u r trustworthy enough, she'll tell u naturally. Good luck with both u and her. ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships