U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:21 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,181,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Busted !!!!!

I guess this person has identity issues at the very least lol
Definitely. He/she has been unemployed, retired, a (current) HR director, and a community college instructor, among other things. *Her* husband has this horrible family that, in February, he hadn't talked to in a year but hadn't talked to in two years by April. *He* has a female nephew as well apparently (when he used she and her to describe his nephew, that's when I stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt and knew he was a troll). And there's far more...

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 04-30-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 01:29 PM

179 posts, read 186,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think we should make him a mod already.
I think someone should find out who this person really is and make a sad, dark Netflix documentary about their online life that I can watch so I can feel a little better about myself.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:34 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,293,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Definitely. He/she has been unemployed, retired, a (current) HR director, and a community college instructor, among other things. *Her* husband has this horrible family that, in February, he hadn't talked to in a year but hadn't talked to in two years by April. *He* has a female nephew as well apparently (when he used she and her to describe his nephew, that's when I stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt and knew he was a troll). And there's far more...
I doubt the person you are talking about is any of those things. Maybe 13 years old crater faced nerd rarely living his bedroom? Or the leader of City Data who is trying to create some drama?

Old 04-30-2014, 01:52 PM

24,671 posts, read 58,131,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
I doubt the person you are talking about is any of those things.
It gets a little disturbing when one starts to refer to one's self in the 3rd person. Maybe it's time for a medical/psychological work-up to see what sort of imbalance is going on. Many of these symptoms link to treatable issues when caught early on but you certainly wouldn't want them to go unattended.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:18 PM

2,748 posts, read 3,323,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Oh, yeah. OP is definitely the poster formerly known as I'm Retired Now. This thread is proof of that.

AFAIC, you cannot be taken seriously any longer. You began as a childless, married man forced into retirement who then had imaginary sons looking for work. Now your persona is a woman, recently laid off from her 20 year position as an office manager.

OP, all you're doing is messing with people's minds, and that ain't cool.

You don't know that for sure. You're not a mod. I take what people say at face value. "Outing" is against the TOS, btw.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,834,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
You don't know that for sure. You're not a mod. I take what people say at face value. "Outing" is against the TOS, btw.
I thought outing pertained to real identities. I don't believe much of what I read on forums, but at least this guy is funny.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:15 AM

2,000 posts, read 2,008,108 times
"funny" in a very, very sad way, yes.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:06 PM

37,869 posts, read 14,756,648 times
Seems this person posts under a variety of identities about the difficulties in maintaining cordial relationships with others. Now it's about meeting more people like himself (herself?) so he/she can have a friend.

Are there more people like this?

Does this happen often on C-D?

Old 05-02-2014, 12:58 PM

179 posts, read 186,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems this person posts under a variety of identities about the difficulties in maintaining cordial relationships with others. Now it's about meeting more people like himself (herself?) so he/she can have a friend.

Are there more people like this?

Does this happen often on C-D?
Man, I really hope so, I really do.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:09 PM

24,748 posts, read 23,712,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am unemployed View Post
People like me but who have a different life and experiences can be very interesting.
I agree with this. I've joined a number groups over the years: book clubs, hiking/camping, local history and gardening. Everyone there was like me, yet, they were all different. You come come together for a common purpose, but everyone there had a different background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or