U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:01 AM

26,345 posts, read 24,507,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
beachie
they don't bother me, per se. i don't really care. and i have taken a selfie or two. definitely not a lot, not in any way regularly. i also have taken them with someone else, but i much prefer to ask an innocent passerby to take a photo for us.

but i do see the narcissism in these selfies that was not present in the past. nowadays, there are an awful lot of people taking pictures of themselves for no reason other than they want to have another picture of themselves to post online for their 842 friends to see.
what makes me shake my head in disgust, are the people on FB, that are constantly taking selfies every week and changing their pictures all the time....I know one gal who has a family, yet, it's all about her, there is not one picture of her husband, son or friends or parties, or places they go in there, it's all pictures of her.....

and I'd be willing to bet, those that find it necessary to defend taking selfies, and become upset, about this thread or in this thread, take a lot of selfies....I've noted people who come barging into threads defensive, are usually taking the thread personally, like your talking directly to them which is silly. taking an occassional selfie or with a group is one thing, but it like anything else can be way overdone and show just how narcissistic one can be....especially all those sexy posses...my Gosh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 06:15 AM

19,078 posts, read 21,902,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what makes me shake my head in disgust, are the people on FB, that are constantly taking selfies every week and changing their pictures all the time....I know one gal who has a family, yet, it's all about her, there is not one picture of her husband, son or friends or parties, or places they go in there, it's all pictures of her.....

and I'd be willing to bet, those that find it necessary to defend taking selfies, and become upset, about this thread or in this thread, take a lot of selfies....I've noted people who come barging into threads defensive, are usually taking the thread personally, like your talking directly to them which is silly. taking an occassional selfie or with a group is one thing, but it like anything else can be way overdone and show just how narcissistic one can be....especially all those sexy posses...my Gosh?
Why concern yourself with what people are doing on Facebook? And no, I don't take selfies, but pictures of my daughter which no doubt annoys people as well. God, I don't get it. People complain about everything. What good does getting disgusted over this kind of thing do?

Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,832,169 times
Quote:
Why disgust? Who does it hurt? Perhaps her husband and son don't want their pictures shared on the internet. What's the harm in taking and sharing pictures of herself?

Quote:
Wrong. I defend taking selfies, though I never do it myself. I just don't like having my picture taken. But I see nothing wrong with someone who does.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,832,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Why concern yourself with what people are doing on Facebook? And no, I don't take selfies, but pictures of my daughter which no doubt annoys people as well. God, I don't get it. People complain about everything. What good does getting disgusted over this kind of thing do?
DING! DING! DING! Complaining is the new national pastime.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
DING! DING! DING! Complaining is the new national pastime.
I have a fb friend from middle school who loves to do the car selfies with sunglasses. A new one every week. Hey, she's always smiling and isn't that what matters? Plus she's got nice hair. Why in the world that would bother anyone I do not understand.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbye_hello View Post
I spent 3 months in Europe by myself. 0 selfies. But then again my surroundings were jaw dropping
LOL

you get it.....

much more to life

Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
LOL

you get it.....

much more to life
There's more to life than complaining about people and judging them.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
jay You're so self-absorbed, it seems, you completely missed my point. I couldn't care less if you miss any of the show. I do not want to sit near you while you play with your toys, all of which give off glare and light and noise. And when you add up everyone's "15-60 seconds," it becomes quite a thing to deal with. Thanks, but no.
Indeed it does, and I don't believe anyone is complaining about an occassional selfie or group selfie, but the person who has a need to constantly change photos, of self...over and over again....and yes, it is extremely distracting....

I'm with ya

Old 05-06-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Indeed it does, and I don't believe anyone is complaining about an occassional selfie or group selfie, but the person who has a need to constantly change photos, of self...over and over again....and yes, it is extremely distracting....

I'm with ya
How is a person changing their fb profile pic distracting? How in the world is that distracting? I don't get it. I don't understand what a person's personal page would have anything to do with an activity where someone else could get distracted. Snapping flash pics in a movie theater I get. Profile pics not so much.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM

2,755 posts, read 5,321,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
How do you know what they care about or what their interests are? Who anointed you as the judge of their motives?
If they hampered your enjoyment of the game, is that their problem or yours? Why did you choose to dwell on them?
Get over yourself.
True, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships