Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 09:20 AM

226 posts, read 614,727 times

Advertisements

You guys probably think i'm crazy, but I just find this odd. Ok this guy I want to date is strange. He keeps talking to my dad about me. He use to work for my dad, but my dad stopped using him for jobs cause I guess we got too close? Anyways, me and Jake talk here and there and we text sometimes, but I will hear things here and there from my dad, like just the other day my dad said "Jake said he's gonna come over and take you out" I was like "Huh?" Then another time like 5 months ago, my dad looked at me puzzled and he said "Jake said something weird to me, he said you guys have been dating for the past 4 months." I said "That's a lie! I haven't been dating him!" My dad said "Yeah he was probably just joking" But he seemed kinda mad about it. That is when he started to stop using him on jobs. But my dad still talks to him though. My dad just doesn't tell me. Then another time where my my mom told me that Jake said to my dad that I was hot and he wants to take me out. I remember my dad saying to me another time "Jake really likes you" I just don't get it, cause why is Jake saying this to my dad?

I think there is a lot more being said about me, but my dad is not saying it, cause he is just saying things here and there. My dad will sometimes say "Jake wants to go here and there with you" and one time I thought my dad said he said he was going to Morrisville, and I said "Oh Dad are you going to Morrisville?" He said "No, I'm not going where loverboy lives" wtf? When I question my dad he doesn't say anything. I just find it odd, that Jake says all these things about me, but yet he doesn't say it to me. He talks to my dad about it. I am not curious this time, I am really confused and don't know what to think about this. Any insight? Or opinions? Please share. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
First you both need to mature before you even think about thinking about dating.

Next you need to quit making multiple threads about the same topic. No matter how many ways you word the topic it is still the same topic.

Why does he talk about me to my dad?

Focus on other things and actually mature before you even think about being in any sort of relationship.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:27 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Why Overthinking is the Root of All Your Problems

Old 05-12-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
First you both need to mature before you even think about thinking about dating.

Next you need to quit making multiple threads about the same topic. No matter how many ways you word the topic it is still the same topic.

Why does he talk about me to my dad?

Focus on other things and actually mature before you even think about being in any sort of relationship.
How am I being immature though? And the reason why I posted in this forum, is because I don't know if it should be in the Relationship section or the Non-Romantic, cause he's just a an acquaintance so I didn't know really what section to post in, so I figured I would just post in both. Sorry.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I'm not overthinking. I just find it odd that he talks to my dad about me, instead of actually talking to me. Like instead why not compliment me to my face or when I talk to you? Don't compliment me and such behind my back to my dad. I don't get that. I am not overthinking it though. Over thinking would be me saying something like "Does he like me? He texted me back right away! Does that mean he likes me or is in love with me?" Now that's over thinking and over analyzing a situation. I just find it weird he talks to my dad about me, I mean wouldn't you? If the guy you like says all these things to your dad, but not to you? Says he going to take you out, but doesn't say it to you, says it to your dad though? That's odd! but thanks anyways.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:56 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
You ARE overthinking. That's been the refrain of replies on nearly every thread you post. Feel free to go back through them. I know I've said it a few times.

You need to stop worrying about guys. Every few days, you're puzzled by some new situation with a different guy, and you're over analyzing it to the nth degree. Stop. Just stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships