U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 AM

891 posts, read 970,681 times

Advertisements

My friend who self-proclaimed himself as being a sociopath with no feeling for anyone else for himself once told me, when he was intoxicated, that he felt like we were "cut from the same cloth" implying that I am a sociopath, and also stating I am more intelligent than him, and that we'd be a pretty good duo.

I found that kinda weird, but that was a few weeks ago.

Today, I inform him of my estimated worth which will be withdrawn into cash soon, and told him that I was buying a home. He told me that he had put a 10% deposit down on an apartment (45,000/$76,310) and I inquired and asked him for a few things, he told me that he didn't know the square foot/size of the apartment, nor did he have any photos on the place (he was on his cell phone, and he practically only uses his cell phone; i.e. not much computer or tablet use)

Here is an exert from the conversation after we finished discussing homes:

• FRIEND:
    • btw do you happen to have around 250 lying about
    • ME:
    • No cash.
    • Why, do you need a loan?
    • FRIEND
    • in USD I mean
    • no no
    • just some joke thing my m8 was going on about

I am pretty sure he was going to ask me for a loan. He didn't continue on that topic afterwards and we moved back onto property discussions.

Should I expect compulsive lies from a self-proclaimed sociopath who wants to "join forces" with someone he believes is also a sociopath?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 08:50 AM

If you read my previous thread on this board - You probably think I have some really messed up friends.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:55 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,837,726 times
Before I even clicked the link, my first thought is this ...

If you use the word sociopath and "friend" in quotes in the title of the thread, why is this person your friend? Cut them from your life. Problem solved.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:57 AM

35,108 posts, read 40,257,322 times
I really think you need to find a new group of humans to call your friends. The ones you appear to have currently are very toxic just from reading the words you have written about them.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:00 AM

4,743 posts, read 4,373,175 times
I didn't read your other thread, but if I were you, I'd dump sociopath dude. Nothing good can come from such a connection. Don't you feel a little creeped out when he declares that you're a sociopath, too? I sure would. Plus, he's already let you know that you can't trust anything he tells you. You're being gamed by this person big time. Don't allow this to continue.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 AM

179 posts, read 187,807 times
I don't think most sociopaths are self aware enough to diagnose themselves, I think your friend probably doesnt have a very high opinion of himself.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Before I even clicked the link, my first thought is this ...

If you use the word sociopath and "friend" in quotes in the title of the thread, why is this person your friend? Cut them from your life. Problem solved.
He proclaims that he is a sociopath because he feels no emotion or empathy for others, and would not care if someone killed them in front of him. However he says he's developing emotions for the close people around.

His High School made him undergo psychological evaluation before being allowed to reenter. I think it's been since then he has proclaimed himself to be sociopathic.

I met him in 2012 at an Occupy camp. After Occupy disbanded, he went into binary options (stock market) and worked for two boiler room schemes/scams and tried to get me to give him money ($5,000-10,000) to "invest" in this scam his company had going. I never gave him any money, however we did go to bars together after he left the company and apologized.

I don't really know what to think about him. He hasn't do any damage so far. Just minor attempts.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 AM

9,682 posts, read 4,563,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I didn't read your other thread, but if I were you, I'd dump sociopath dude. Nothing good can come from such a connection. Don't you feel a little creeped out when he declares that you're a sociopath, too? I sure would. Plus, he's already let you know that you can't trust anything he tells you. You're being gamed by this person big time. Don't allow this to continue.
Agreed. Whether he's a true sociopath or simply creating a justification to do anything he pleases, I'd stay away from anyone like that. You will only be his "friend" as long as it is to his advantage.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
I don't think most sociopaths are self aware enough to diagnose themselves, I think your friend probably doesnt have a very high opinion of himself.
He is very narcissistic. One of the most narcissistic people I know. However, I think that may have changed with the fact he has a girlfriend. However, before they entered a relationship, he wanted me to intercept her emails, text messages and facebook messages, which I declined. This was about a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I wasn't concerned at the time. I have a few stalkers who frequently call me a sociopath in publications, blogs, to people I know, etc. So it didn't really have an effect on me.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 AM

A few weeks ago, when he messaged me while intoxicated stating that I was a sociopath, and that he was a sociopath and that we should basically "join up." I found that incredibly weird. He said that it hurts knowing that I am more intelligent than him, because "sociopaths never would admit that, but it's true."

It was a strange Friday or Saturday night. I just played along with his crap. We never discussed that conversation afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships